Ole Miss Profile
https://olemisssport...y-servideo/2471

#3 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,717 posts

Posted 11 June 2020 - 05:58 PM

Clarion Ledger: Who is Anthony Servideo? What you need to know about the MLB prospect from Ole Miss
https://www.clarionl...aft/3158260001/

#4 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,717 posts

Posted 11 June 2020 - 05:58 PM

#5 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,717 posts

Posted 11 June 2020 - 05:59 PM

2080 Baseball: 112th Overall

https://2080baseball...-draft-ranking/

#6 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,717 posts

Posted 11 June 2020 - 05:59 PM

Anthony Servideo is a left-handed hitting glove-first shortstop with outfield experience, plus speed and very little power. He was one of the worst hitters in the Cape Cod last summer. He then got off to a great start offensively this spring at Mississippi. #Orioles

#7 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,717 posts

Posted 11 June 2020 - 06:01 PM

@BaseballAmerica
The Orioles select Anthony Servideo, a shortstop from Ole Miss with the 74th pick. Here’s his full scouting report: https://baseballamerica.com/rankings/2020-mlb-draft-top-prospects/?Position=&Keyword=Servideo

#8 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,839 posts

So they have selected every pick well before their projected ranking.

Excellent.

#9 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,717 posts

@MLBDraft
With their 3rd-round pick (No. 74 overall) of the 2020 #MLBDraft, the #Orioles select @OleMissBSB SS Anthony Servideo, No. 110 on the Top 200 Draft Prospects list: https://atmlb.com/3dOGG3x Watch live: https://atmlb.com/2BE9EF5

#10 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Brandon Fahey?

#11 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,717 posts

Posted 11 June 2020 - 06:02 PM

Anthony Servideo is one of the few collegiate shortstops in this class that will stick at the position. 60 defender, 60 arm, 60 runner. Emerging offensively. 45 hitter, 40 power (maybe 45). Safe defensive SS floor. Player Comp: Erick Aybar #Orioles

#12 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,717 posts

Posted 11 June 2020 - 06:03 PM

Anthony Servideo has played so well this weekend for
- lots of quality at-bats, rock-solid defense at short. And just showed off some pop with a majestic soaring 2-run HR down RF line. He looks more physical this year to me, and he's got some sneaky whip in the swing.

Boy, Anthony Servideo is slick at short for
. Showing off quick feet, great hands, plus range, great instincts and a plus arm. He looks awesome. Also showed off his speed with a bunt single, 3.94 up the line from left side. #RebsBSB

#13 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,717 posts

Posted 11 June 2020 - 06:12 PM

I would say that the Orioles seem to be working off some information that we don't necessarily fully know (say, more exit velo information). It's moments like this that I'd love to have historical PitchF/x and exit velo data to work into my model.

#14 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,717 posts

Posted 11 June 2020 - 06:13 PM

Servideo was ranked 102nd overall, score of 2.61. Walks well above expected, strikeouts a tick high.

#15 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,839 posts

Posted 11 June 2020 - 06:18 PM

@stephen__loftus

I would say that the Orioles seem to be working off some information that we don't necessarily fully know (say, more exit velo information). It's moments like this that I'd love to have historical PitchF/x and exit velo data to work into my model.

That is a super polite way of saying that he has no idea what they're doing.

#16 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,717 posts

Posted 11 June 2020 - 06:23 PM

That is a super polite way of saying that he has no idea what they're doing.

IMO, it's a guy with a Ph.D whose been in a baseball front-office and draft... saying he realizes teams have access to more information then then general public... and the Orioles (who have certainly upgraded their aptitude in the Elias regime) might be looking at other info which would cause them to deviate from the perceived consensus. 

#17 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,839 posts

Posted 11 June 2020 - 06:27 PM

IMO, it's a guy with a Ph.D whose been in a baseball front-office and draft... saying he realizes teams have access to more information then then general public... and the Orioles (who have certainly upgraded their aptitude in the Elias regime) might be looking at other info which would cause them to deviate from the perceived consensus.

Maybe. Somehow, I don't think the Orioles are smarter than the rest of the industry.

#18 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,373 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 11 June 2020 - 07:06 PM

That is true. But it’s not like no other teams are using those things. It might not be dominant but it’s fairly widespread at this point.

His point still remains there’s some particular reason they are taking these guys a full pick before they have to and I’d love to know what it is.
@JeremyMStrain

#19 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,717 posts

Posted 11 June 2020 - 07:11 PM

That is true. But it’s not like no other teams are using those things. It might not be dominant but it’s fairly widespread at this point.

His point still remains there’s some particular reason they are taking these guys a full pick before they have to and I’d love to know what it is.

Agreed with both points.  Elias himself has said multiple times at this point that what they are doing, looking at isn't unique. That they aren't smarter than anyone else.  That all FOs are doing the same things. So yeah, do agree there. 

But just because those ideas are widespread in the FOs, doesn't necessarily mean they've reached all the public sites, which is what we're really talking about in-terms of 'consensus.' 

Either way, I'm underwhelmed. 

#20 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,373 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 11 June 2020 - 07:20 PM

Agreed with both points. Elias himself has said multiple times at this point that what they are doing, looking at isn't unique. That they aren't smarter than anyone else. That all FOs are doing the same things. So yeah, do agree there.

But just because those ideas are widespread in the FOs, doesn't necessarily mean they've reached all the public sites, which is what we're really talking about in-terms of 'consensus.'

Either way, I'm underwhelmed.

Yeah you’re right there. While spin rates, launch angles and exit velocity might be common for us here, in general in public people would look at you with 3 heads.

With the power mentioned from 3/4 I could see exit velocity being a key metric. Maybe bat speed?

Where i get confused is you could have had Martin at 30 that is a superior version of this pick...I think. Maybe it’s closer than I think. They clearly value his defense, and plus speed, defense and arm are a great combo. And that’s an 80 grade Mullet.
@JeremyMStrain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=