197 replies to this topic

#121 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,841 posts

Posted 15 May 2023 - 01:59 PM

Mateo is the everyday SS. Thats secure for now. Like a 9 out of 10 secure.

#122 dude

dude

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,683 posts
  • LocationColumbus, GA

Posted 16 May 2023 - 06:59 PM

I have nothing to add, I just wanted to get the Cole Irvin thread off "Norfolk" as most recent since his location changed.

• makoman likes this

#123 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,563 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 25 June 2023 - 05:17 PM

Welcome to Baltimore.

https://twitter.com/...VUJft8skf32X07Q

#124 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,492 posts

Posted 25 June 2023 - 05:20 PM

Unexpected. Ortiz down?

#125 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,841 posts

Posted 25 June 2023 - 05:20 PM

Welcome to Baltimore.

https://twitter.com/...VUJft8skf32X07Q

Ok Ok. I can dig it.

#126 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,841 posts

Posted 25 June 2023 - 05:21 PM

Unexpected. Ortiz down?

Has to be. Hicks and McKenna arent going. Unless there is an injury  or leave by someone

#127 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,563 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 25 June 2023 - 05:24 PM

Unexpected. Ortiz down?

Unfortunately seems like it. But I bet Westburg plays most days. The way the held off and it was announced by Passan means they might view him in the Adley/Gunnar mold.

LHP Monday and Tuesday, wouldn’t be surprised if Cowser joins him on Wednesday.

#128 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,492 posts

Posted 25 June 2023 - 05:27 PM

Weird handling of Ortiz. Bring him up and barely play him, despite getting very little from Mateo or Frazier. Just don't think they value him that high.

Doesn't look like much playing time open for Cowser with Hicks playing well.

#129 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,841 posts

Posted 25 June 2023 - 05:29 PM

Hes got pretty severe reverse splits. Not sure where he is going to play every day over an extended period of time unless they have decided to cut into Frazier's ABs.  Still IMO a lot of Infs in Baltimore. Gunnar, Mateo, Westburg, Urias, and Frazier. Even if Frazier sits more it still leaves Urias on the bench as well. I refuse to believe Mateo is still not getting the lions share of starts at SS. 

#130 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,841 posts

Posted 25 June 2023 - 05:31 PM

Weird handling of Ortiz. Bring him up and barely play him, despite getting very little from Mateo or Frazier. Just don't think they value him that high.

Doesn't look like much playing time open for Cowser with Hicks playing well.

They value him as a SS. We just went through this earlier. He needs to be playing every day. No matter how you slice it some good Inf prospects are blocked.  This also hopefully allows Westburg to audition a bit for a deadline move. Hopefully he  holds his own

#131 BSLRoseKatz

BSLRoseKatz

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 25 June 2023 - 05:39 PM

AAA PAs before being promoted

Adley: 238
Gunnar: 295
Westburg: 714

she/her

#132 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,841 posts

Posted 25 June 2023 - 05:47 PM

It will be interesting what happens once we face righties. I mean its kinda easy to sit Frazier vs lefties. But you still have Urias on the bench too assuming Gunnar plays vs most lefties. I guess they could be planning to platoon Henderson

#133 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,492 posts

Posted 25 June 2023 - 05:47 PM

Really can't sit Mateo too often with his defensive value. Hopefully Westburg isn't coming up to sit in favor of Frazier. Urias should be getting playing time, too.

#134 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,841 posts

Posted 25 June 2023 - 05:50 PM

Unfortunately seems like it. But I bet Westburg plays most days. The way the held off and it was announced by Passan means they might view him in the Adley/Gunnar mold.

LHP Monday and Tuesday, wouldn’t be surprised if Cowser joins him on Wednesday.

I see no room for Cowser to play every day at this moment. Hicks and OHearn are producing right now. Id say a sneaky Frazier DFA is possible but they just seem to love him too much.  I mean who is going to go when Mountcastle;s rehab time is up??

#135 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,492 posts

Posted 25 June 2023 - 05:56 PM

They aren't DFA Frazier with the money he's owed. The defense hasn't been good and obviously the offense is well below average, but they love them some Adam Frazier.

#136 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,841 posts

Posted 25 June 2023 - 05:59 PM

They aren't DFA Frazier with the money he's owed. The defense hasn't been good and obviously the offense is well below average, but they love them some Adam Frazier.

So would love to hear the options to go when Mounty is ready. I think its still likely Westburg but lets say its not. Lets say they do plan to give him extended PT up here. Who goes right now. Literally the only other option that doesnt involve a DFA is to option McKenna or OHearn. Its not gonna be OHearn the way he is swinging vs RHP. BTW OHearn a better defneisve 1b than Mounty too

#137 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,841 posts

Posted 25 June 2023 - 06:03 PM

If Mounty has options maybe they just option him to AAA for awhile and then you can platoon O Hearn at 1b. Maybe Westburg plays 1b tomorrow or maybe they bring Santander in to 1b play Hicks in RF, Urias at 2b, Gunnar and Westburg are the 3b and DH in some order. 

#138 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,841 posts

Posted 25 June 2023 - 06:05 PM

I think its unlikely but it isnt as far away as one might assume if Phelan is right that they want to give Westburg real run. I think the overwhelming likely scenario is he is back at Norfolk relatively soon. 

#139 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,406 posts

Posted 25 June 2023 - 06:08 PM

I think its unlikely but it isnt as far away as one might assume if Phelan is right that they want to give Westburg real run. I think the overwhelming likely scenario is he is back at Norfolk relatively soon. 

I don't see the point in bringing Westburg up and making a 40 man move if they plan to just send him back in a week or whatever.

• BobPhelan likes this

#140 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,492 posts

Posted 25 June 2023 - 06:08 PM

O'Hearn is going to greatly cool off. It's great that he produced for us while Mountcastle was struggling and hurt. I can't imagine he's flipped some magical switch at 29/30 when he's been terrible the past 4 years. I'm more hopeful Hicks can be a serviceable 4th OF/ occasional starter if needed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=