Photo

Ledo Pizza

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Poll: Ledo (14 member(s) have cast votes)

Thoughts on Ledo?

1. Solid local pizza place (10 votes [71.43%])

Percentage of vote: 71.43%

2. Just another garbage chain (4 votes [28.57%])

Percentage of vote: 28.57%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,538 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 29 May 2020 - 05:09 PM

What say you?

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#2 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,464 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 29 May 2020 - 05:13 PM

Definitely solid. I try and avoid pizza because of reflux, but their pizza is good. Their subs are great. 

#3 Russ

Russ

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,296 posts

Posted 29 May 2020 - 05:29 PM

love it. I was strict keto for over a year at one point and I threw it all away for Ledos. I'm happy with my decision.

#4 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,234 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 29 May 2020 - 05:29 PM

Utter trash.
  • NewMarketSean likes this

#5 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,705 posts

Posted 29 May 2020 - 06:17 PM

Very hit or miss depending on the location. The ones that are good are sublime. Others it's tragically disappointing.

My favorite thing about it is the pepperoni. The little pool of grease that forms in it as the pizza cooks and the slices curl up.

#6 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 29 May 2020 - 10:57 PM

One of my favorite pizzas is their pepperoni and pre cooked bacon pizza.

It’s like having a whole pig on top of your pizza because of the amount of bacon on there.

Not my fav pizza or anything but it’s good.

#7 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,538 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 29 May 2020 - 11:04 PM

Yea the think pepperonis are amazing Mack
  • SportsGuy likes this

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#8 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 29 May 2020 - 11:14 PM

If you like their pepperonis, you should have Pizza Johns.

#9 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,553 posts

Posted 30 May 2020 - 06:32 AM

One of the worst, if not THE worst, pizzas I've ever ordered from a pizza joint.

Food Lion brand frozen is better.

• Chris B likes this
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#10 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,705 posts

Posted 30 May 2020 - 07:48 AM

I think some locations must make their own dough and others get some sort of prebaked, Joe Corbi's type crust.  That's my best guess as to the wild quality differences.

#11 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 30 May 2020 - 09:08 AM

I know people who think Joe Corbi pizza is really good. Lol

#12 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 30 May 2020 - 06:12 PM

I hate Ledo’s sauce. Then again haven’t had it in 20 years cause I hated it that much.
  • NewMarketSean likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#13 Mashed Potatoes

Mashed Potatoes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,023 posts

Posted 01 June 2020 - 04:01 AM

I know people who think Joe Corbi pizza is really good. Lol

Love Ledo's, love Joe Corbis
@DaKittenz

#14 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 01 June 2020 - 05:45 AM

I haven't had Ledo's or Corbi's in many years.

We sold Corbi's as a fund raiser for a youth league program I ran and the results got worse each year.

@mikeghg

#15 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 08 September 2020 - 12:22 PM

Very hit or miss depending on the location. The ones that are good are sublime. Others it's tragically disappointing.

My favorite thing about it is the pepperoni. The little pool of grease that forms in it as the pizza cooks and the slices curl up.

Mine is really top notch, Ive been to some others while out and about, and they werent what I was used to getting.

What I find amazing about their pepproni, is, how thick it is, some other joints, they are thin enough to read through.

#16 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,377 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 08 September 2020 - 12:45 PM

Mine is really top notch, Ive been to some others while out and about, and they werent what I was used to getting.

What I find amazing about their pepproni, is, how thick it is, some other joints, they are thin enough to read through.

I'm spoiled. Grew up a couple minutes from the ORIGINAL location, and then when the two owners split, the OTHER owner moved equal distance the other side of me and opened his own spot, but was allowed to take and sell the pizza as part of the split. So I've had the real deal stuff from both of the original owners my entire life.

We had a franchise opened in between the two right by our house, and I'll say that one was always pretty on point. Someone tried to muscle in and open another one like a mile from there, but everything out of that one was off just a little bit. The pasta, the pizza, it was never "right". A good friend of the second owner just recently bought out his restaurant, and he already had a Ledos out here where we live now, called Ledo's Pizza - Eddie's Place and it's been as good as the others, I've been real happy with it.

But I have seen and heard from other people that have said it just wasn't the same at their spots.

@JeremyMStrain

#17 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 08 September 2020 - 01:13 PM

I'm spoiled. Grew up a couple minutes from the ORIGINAL location, and then when the two owners split, the OTHER owner moved equal distance the other side of me and opened his own spot, but was allowed to take and sell the pizza as part of the split. So I've had the real deal stuff from both of the original owners my entire life.

We had a franchise opened in between the two right by our house, and I'll say that one was always pretty on point. Someone tried to muscle in and open another one like a mile from there, but everything out of that one was off just a little bit. The pasta, the pizza, it was never "right". A good friend of the second owner just recently bought out his restaurant, and he already had a Ledos out here where we live now, called Ledo's Pizza - Eddie's Place and it's been as good as the others, I've been real happy with it.

But I have seen and heard from other people that have said it just wasn't the same at their spots.

I think any chain is only as good as the manager and how the people work under then.

Ive seen the chains around me, be great, slide down hill, get managers replaced and quality returns.

Now I have tried three brothers at diff locations, and havent run into an off-pie yet. The one in annapolis closed down, think they got caught up in shopping center rebuild.

The one In Greenbelt and the one in Laurel are very close, of course, could actually be run by the same regional manager.

#18 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,377 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 08 September 2020 - 01:57 PM

I think any chain is only as good as the manager and how the people work under then.

Ive seen the chains around me, be great, slide down hill, get managers replaced and quality returns.

Now I have tried three brothers at diff locations, and havent run into an off-pie yet. The one in annapolis closed down, think they got caught up in shopping center rebuild.

The one In Greenbelt and the one in Laurel are very close, of course, could actually be run by the same regional manager.

3 Bros is my favorite local pizza by a mile. The one in Odenton is generally on point too.

@JeremyMStrain

#19 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,553 posts

Posted 29 January 2021 - 04:33 PM

Pizza Johns is good. More like lasagna than pizza but at least it’s different. 

It’s about as close as you can get to being overrated without hitting that mark, though. 

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#20 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,705 posts

Posted 29 January 2021 - 04:40 PM

It’s about as close as you can get to being overrated without hitting that mark, though. 

Does this mean anything?

:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=