#2 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,275 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 21 May 2020 - 01:41 PM

Worth noting that the Tagovailoa family has hired a lawyer and will be petitioning the NCAA for an immediate eligibility waiver. If their decision is anything like the one rendered for Justin Fields, we'll see Taulia on the field in 2020 (assuming the season happens).

• Hooded Viper likes this
@BSLZackKiesel

#3 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,271 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 21 May 2020 - 01:58 PM

The NCAA just needs to end this ridiculously opaque charade over waivers, and just let transfers play immediately as long as they are otherwise eligible.

• BSLChrisStoner, Hooded Viper, Mackus and 3 others like this

#4 Mashed Potatoes

Mashed Potatoes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts

Posted 22 May 2020 - 02:22 AM

The NCAA just needs to end this ridiculously opaque charade over waivers, and just let transfers play immediately as long as they are otherwise eligible.

But then how will millionaire coaches be able to coerce young men to stay in unfavorable situations?
  • BobPhelan likes this
@DaKittenz

#5 Oldtime

Oldtime
  • Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 22 May 2020 - 06:28 AM

Let’s just throw out the COMMITMENT word when these young men select where they are going to school.

#6 Hooded Viper

Hooded Viper

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,636 posts

Posted 22 May 2020 - 07:47 AM

I believe the NCAA is considering eliminating this regulation but if they aren't they should.  Ridiculous.  

#7 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,271 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 22 May 2020 - 12:03 PM

I believe the NCAA is considering eliminating this regulation but if they aren't they should.  Ridiculous.  

They are, or at least were. I think they were going to address it last month some time, but they tabled it....probably because they are too busy trying to keep their heads from exploding over all the millions they are losing because their unpaid athletes can’t play at the moment.

#8 Oldtime

Oldtime
  • Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 22 May 2020 - 12:12 PM

They are, or at least were. I think they were going to address it last month some time, but they tabled it....probably because they are too busy trying to keep their heads from exploding over all the millions they are losing because their unpaid athletes can’t play at the moment.

The unpaid athletes that are on full scholarships are getting a free education that costs the non athlete student anywhere from 25-65k a year. Most couldn’t make that at their ages without being an athlete.

#9 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 22 May 2020 - 12:50 PM

They should allow all to transfer 1 time without a penalty.  After that, they sit a year.

• Hooded Viper likes this
@mikeghg

#10 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,675 posts

Posted 03 June 2020 - 07:10 PM

IMS: Mike Locksley talks potential waiver for QB Taulia Tagovailoa
https://247sports.co...oUEVXGH27LAL8Fg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users