Photo

College Basketball 2020-21: General Talk (Baylor Wins Title)

• Please log in to reply
743 replies to this topic

#221 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 28 February 2021 - 11:09 AM

I used to, but he is a Carolina guy, now to me.  I am not a Roy fan, but 900 is special.

Obviously I'm biased, but I'm curious why? 

@beginthebegin71

#222 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,627 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 28 February 2021 - 11:09 AM

The best part of all the basketball I watched yesterday is I got to see Duke lose a IMO, must win game,  The NCAA protects its Blue Bloods but unless Duke goes deep in the ACC tourney, they will be on the outside looking in.’

The ACC is not what it used to be.

@mikeghg

#223 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,627 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 28 February 2021 - 11:13 AM

Obviously I'm biased, but I'm curious why? 

I don’t have the dislike for Roy that I have for K, and think he is a good guy, but just not a coach I have pulled for,  I thought for the longest time, Roy was an average at best game coach, but the numbers alone prove me wrong.  Again no real dislike just ambivalence I guess

Probably more the Maryland fan in me.

• SBTarheel likes this
@mikeghg

#224 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 28 February 2021 - 11:17 AM

I don’t have the dislike for Roy that I have for K, and think he is a good guy, but just not a coach I have pulled for,  I thought for the longest time, Roy was an average at best game coach, but the numbers alone prove me wrong.  Again no real dislike just ambivalence I guess

Probably more the Maryland fan in me.

Fair enough. Just curious. 

"Old School" ( I mean that in a nice way, by the way) guys still have that "hate" for Carolina, I do appreciate that. 

@beginthebegin71

#225 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 28 February 2021 - 11:19 AM

The best part of all the basketball I watched yesterday is I got to see Duke lose a IMO, must win game,  The NCAA protects its Blue Bloods but unless Duke goes deep in the ACC tourney, they will be on the outside looking in.’

The ACC is not what it used to be.

Down year for the conference, no question. 

#BringBack Maryland

@beginthebegin71

#226 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,472 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 28 February 2021 - 11:23 AM

I'm hoping UNC can deal Duke the final knockout blow this week. Great win last night, Seth. And great to see you back.

Big game for MD today. Let's go!!!!!!!
  • Mike B likes this

#227 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,627 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 28 February 2021 - 11:24 AM

Fair enough. Just curious. 

"Old School" ( I mean that in a nice way, by the way) guys still have that "hate" for Carolina, I do appreciate that. 

I always admit that I miss the ACC.  I think the B10 is a much better conference right now, but I grew up rooting for Maryland and Lefty against Dean and the Tar Heels.  NC State and off course Duke were usually can’t miss games too.

• SBTarheel and You Play to Win the Game like this
@mikeghg

#228 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,472 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 28 February 2021 - 11:25 AM

I always admit that I miss the ACC. I think the B10 is a much better conference right now, but I grew up rooting for Maryland and Lefty against Dean and the Tar Heels. NC State and off course Duke were usually can’t miss games too.

I miss it too. And yeah, kind of a down year in a sense for UVA, Duke, Louisville and many other ACC programs. But they'll be back. The Big Ten this year, is ridiculous.

#229 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 28 February 2021 - 11:28 AM

Big ten much stronger this year, no question. I really like Illinois, assuming Dosunmu gets healthy. 

@beginthebegin71

#230 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,472 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 28 February 2021 - 11:30 AM

Big ten much stronger this year, no question. I really like Illinois, assuming Dosunmu gets healthy. 

Even at #5, feels like they're just flying under the radar. Scary team for sure.

#231 ChrisDachille

ChrisDachille

All-Star

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 28 February 2021 - 06:38 PM

Gonzaga finished its regular season perfect. Baylor lost on Saturday - the first one of the season for the Bears.

Yet everyone loves Michigan. I think this includes the selection committee, too. If Michigan wins the B1G Tournament, I think they get the overall number one seed. The conference is just too good. Don’t get me wrong, Gonzaga played a super tough non-con schedule and deserve the top spot. In the big picture, they would meet in the title game anyway.

Maryland likely locked up a spot against a bad Sparty team on Sunday. Now they want to improve their position for the dance.
  • BSLChrisStoner and SBTarheel like this
@ChrisDachille

#232 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,627 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 01 March 2021 - 12:21 PM

I think Gonzaga keeps the #1 overall.  I think Michigan gets beat 1 more time in the next 2 weeks.  I would like to see that game.  I think Michigan is the best team I have seen this year, but Gonzaga has what it takes to beat them.

I am looking forward to seeing Suggs, in the tourney.  

@mikeghg

#233 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 02 March 2021 - 10:34 AM

Normally at this time of year we can almost count on Gonzaga disappointing in the tourney, but not this time. They're legit, and to their credit played a good schedule before conference play, and handled everyone easily. They're the deserving #1 overall seed, with respect to Michigan if they win out, especially in the brutal Big Ten Tourney. 

I'll be curious to see if a guy like Cade Cunningham can go on a Danny Manning/D Wade/Kemba Walker type run and take Oklahoma State to a Final Four perhaps, and to see if Baylor can right themselves after their long COVID pause, they looked pretty weak the other night at Kansas. 

• You Play to Win the Game likes this
@beginthebegin71

#234 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,092 posts

Posted 02 March 2021 - 10:42 AM

CBS Sports: College basketball scores, winners and losers: UNC flirting with disaster, Oregon remains on hot streak
https://www.cbssport...-on-hot-streak/

#235 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,092 posts

Posted 02 March 2021 - 10:46 AM

ESPN: Bracketology 3/2

https://www.espn.com...nt-bracketology

#236 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,973 posts

Posted 02 March 2021 - 11:31 AM

Normally at this time of year we can almost count on Gonzaga disappointing in the tourney, but not this time. They're legit, and to their credit played a good schedule before conference play, and handled everyone easily. They're the deserving #1 overall seed, with respect to Michigan if they win out, especially in the brutal Big Ten Tourney.

I'll be curious to see if a guy like Cade Cunningham can go on a Danny Manning/D Wade/Kemba Walker type run and take Oklahoma State to a Final Four perhaps, and to see if Baylor can right themselves after their long COVID pause, they looked pretty weak the other night at Kansas.

The Gonzaga narrative should have been dead after '17. They were the best team in the country last year too. A modern day Duke before they took off into the stratosphere as one of the Blue Bloods. Mid to late 80s Duke.
  • BSLRoseKatz likes this

#237 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,472 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 02 March 2021 - 11:42 AM

This Zags team is crazy good. I'd be surprised if they don't win.

Good tip on OKSU & Cunningham, Seth. 

In the current bracket on ESPN (somehow Duke is still among the first 4 out, despite losing at home to Louisville this weekend) - MD is the 8th seed in Baylor's bracket. of the brackets to be matched up against a #1 in the 2nd round, that'd be my preference as of now.

#238 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,472 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 02 March 2021 - 12:04 PM

#4 Illinois @ #2 Michigan tonight at 7. I'm rooting for Illinois. 

Seriously, if Juwan Howard really is this good, it's going to suck for a while. Michigan can suck it.

#239 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,627 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 02 March 2021 - 12:17 PM

This Zags team is crazy good. I'd be surprised if they don't win.

Good tip on OKSU & Cunningham, Seth. 

In the current bracket on ESPN (somehow Duke is still among the first 4 out, despite losing at home to Louisville this weekend) - MD is the 8th seed in Baylor's bracket. of the brackets to be matched up against a #1 in the 2nd round, that'd be my preference as of now.

I think ESPN is having trouble imagining a tourney with Duke, Kentucky or Michigan State.

I also think, it is possible the committee, is trying to find a way to get Duke in the tourney.

@mikeghg

#240 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,627 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 02 March 2021 - 12:20 PM

#4 Illinois @ #2 Michigan tonight at 7. I'm rooting for Illinois. 

Seriously, if Juwan Howard really is this good, it's going to suck for a while. Michigan can suck it.

I think Illinois gets this one tonight.  I think Michigan gets beat one more time before the regular season ends, and I think it may be tonight.

@mikeghg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=