89 replies to this topic

#81 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,462 posts

Posted 23 April 2021 - 06:44 AM

Watching Hannibal on Netflix. Really well done for a network show that IIRC was on Friday nights.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#82 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,347 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 23 April 2021 - 06:49 AM

Watching Hannibal on Netflix. Really well done for a network show that IIRC was on Friday nights.

For sure. High quality. From the writing, to the directing and the acting. Great show.

#83 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,993 posts

Posted 23 April 2021 - 02:48 PM

Binging Wynonna Earp... it's a hoot... in a pleasantly odd way...

"The only change is that baseball has turned Paige from a second-class citizen to a second-class immortal." - Satchel Paige

#84 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,686 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 23 April 2021 - 04:10 PM

Binging Wynonna Earp... it's a hoot... in a pleasantly odd way...

Shack do you have netflix, if so you need to watch F-1 Drive to Survive

#85 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,993 posts

Posted 24 April 2021 - 09:26 AM

Shack do you have netflix, if so you need to watch F-1 Drive to Survive

Yes, I do watch it... or, rather, intend to watch it... I've seen the previous ones but have not yet watched the new one because my bride got interested in old F1, courtesy of Murray Walker and James Hunt being an amazing broadcasting duo... so we've been snorting old F1 seasons, race by race, from about 1980 onwards... we're now doing the '91 season.... we usually do 3 or 4 races per day...

I'm kinda jealous of her not knowing what to expect, simply because I already know what happens in all these seasons....

With no help from me, It took her about 5 minutes to love Senna and hate Prost    :smile:

I can find most of the old races in their entirety, albeit with some of them being Varsha and Hobbs instead of Walker and Hunt... which is OK because they're good too... but Murray and Hunt are a hoot (not always intentionally, but still)... Murray fell in love with Mansel... and Hunt is more than happy to refer to some drivers as "an absolute disgrace who has no business in a Grand Prix!"  :wink:

"The only change is that baseball has turned Paige from a second-class citizen to a second-class immortal." - Satchel Paige

#86 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 25 April 2021 - 07:07 AM

Binged, and Recommended:

The Boys
Don't **** With Cats
The Good Place
Bojack Horseman

On the docket:

Better Call Saul
Snowfall
Black Mirror
The Sopranos

The boys is amazing!

Black Mirror is way way overdue for some new episodes. Better Call Saul takes too long between seasons and Covid didn’t help with that either.

Wife and I are actually binging Sopranos right now. (Kinda, we only have time to watch two or theee episodes a week, so not really “binging”). We’ve never seen it before, which is probably a sin. But I didn’t have HBO yet when it came out. When it ended the ending was very much talked about so I already know what the last scene is. Figured, what’s the point. Been long enough though. She didn’t know a thing about it or how ground breaking it was. So it’s about time. We’re in the middle of season 5.
@BSLMikeRandall

#87 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,462 posts

Posted 25 April 2021 - 07:20 AM

I never finished The Boys season one. Just didn’t land with me.
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#88 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,426 posts

Posted 25 April 2021 - 07:52 AM

We're about halfway through Season 2 of The Boys, loving it. First show in a long time my wife has gotten into.

#89 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,498 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 25 April 2021 - 08:27 AM

I never finished The Boys season one. Just didn’t land with me.

Gets better as it goes on but it’s not for everyone I suppose.

#90 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,426 posts

Posted 25 April 2021 - 08:31 AM

I don't think it's a great show but I find it really entertaining. Heroes meets The Walking Dead.

It looks nearly movie quality, the acting has been good, and I think Karl Urban is creating an iconic character that will basically be able to carry things on his own no matter what else they decide to do. Happy to forgive the heavy-handed foreshadowing that makes the story predictable, the ride is still fun.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=