HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 24 February 2020 - 11:33 AM

MASN: Notes on Iglesias
https://www.masnspor...ers-outing.html

His interview after he came out of the game was impressive.  He seemed legitimately happy to be an Oriole.

@mikeghg

#3 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,717 posts

Posted 19 July 2020 - 09:32 AM

MASN: Iglesias offering more than defense in summer camp
https://www.masnspor...ummer-camp.html

#4 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 19 July 2020 - 12:58 PM

I think Iglesias is a good player.  It will be interesting to see if he gets dealt in a month for a team with a hole at SS.

@mikeghg

#5 dude

dude

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,592 posts
  • LocationColumbus, GA

Posted 19 July 2020 - 01:07 PM

The odd pedastalation of Iglesias continues.

Thank goodness they were able to get him, given the extensive competition for his services.

...and I like him just fine.  Still meaningless.

#6 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 19 July 2020 - 01:16 PM

Okay we should ban all talk about Iglesias.

@mikeghg

#7 dude

dude

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,592 posts
  • LocationColumbus, GA

Posted 19 July 2020 - 01:58 PM

we should ban talk like this....

“Iggy’s a good hitter and he’s been a good hitter for a while now and I love the way he uses the whole field,” said manager Brandon Hyde. “He’s a line drive hitter, he’s got some sneaky power, he’s going to give you a professional at-bat and that’s what he did in that two-game series. Really squared balls up and took some great at-bats.

“He’s been doing that since spring training, he’s been doing that in his career and fortunate to have him.”

He's a career .687 hitter and his only 'sneaky' power came with last years everyone sneaky power.

I just think it's funny that these guys continue to talk like "what they learn" is somehow meaningful.  You know who was actually good last year and saying stuff like this?  Jonathan Villar.  Where is he now?  Apparently nobody has let Hanser Alberto know that he's filler for losing. Let me know when they offer Alberto a 4 year contract.

It's annoying to me because of the hypocrisy of it all.

#8 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 19 July 2020 - 02:46 PM

we should ban talk like this....

He's a career .687 hitter and his only 'sneaky' power came with last years everyone sneaky power.

I just think it's funny that these guys continue to talk like "what they learn" is somehow meaningful.  You know who was actually good last year and saying stuff like this?  Jonathan Villar.  Where is he now?  Apparently nobody has let Hanser Alberto know that he's filler for losing. Let me know when they offer Alberto a 4 year contract.

It's annoying to me because of the hypocrisy of it all.

Your arguing with the guy who lines up closer to your arguments then most here.

I hate the idea of teams like the Orioles throwing away 3 or 4 seasons.  That has nothing to do with us talking about any player and the talents that they possess.

It is what message boards are about.  If we stop talking about the players and the games, it leaves very little.

@mikeghg

#9 dude

dude

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,592 posts
  • LocationColumbus, GA

Posted 19 July 2020 - 06:00 PM

Your arguing with the guy who lines up closer to your arguments then most here.

I'm not arguing with you.

Iglesias is a meaningless player in terms of winning now and later.  He literally has zero consequence.  This is the 4th different blog/article on him.  Writing more often about him doesn't make him more meaningful.

-----------------------

Correct.  There's nothing interesting to talk about.  It's one of the intentional consequences of 'rebuilding'.  You are one of the most active posters here because you don't accept it as directly and still care.  When you accept losing, you stop caring and when nobody cares, there's zero pressure for the Team (owner/FO) to do anything meaningful.  They get to coast through each season without consequence and everyone makes excuses for the lack of meaningful activity (ie "we're still early in the rebuilding process")

Only when you compete (or have expectations of competing) does you daily external pressure go up.  There's huge expectations on the Dodgers and they're one of the most successful franchises around the last 7-8 years and anything short of a Championship is failure.

...but then we sign Iglesias and many people want to act like it's some coup.  Hyde literally said they're "lucky to have him".  Wow.  How much lower could your expectations possibly be?  Fortunately, we'll be able to keep him for 2021 too.

• Mike B likes this

#10 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 19 July 2020 - 06:11 PM

I'm not arguing with you.

Iglesias is a meaningless player in terms of winning now and later.  He literally has zero consequence.  This is the 4th different blog/article on him.  Writing more often about him doesn't make him more meaningful.

-----------------------

Correct.  There's nothing interesting to talk about.  It's one of the intentional consequences of 'rebuilding'.  You are one of the most active posters here because you don't accept it as directly and still care.  When you accept losing, you stop caring and when nobody cares, there's zero pressure for the Team (owner/FO) to do anything meaningful.  They get to coast through each season without consequence and everyone makes excuses for the lack of meaningful activity (ie "we're still early in the rebuilding process")

Only when you compete (or have expectations of competing) does you daily external pressure go up.  There's huge expectations on the Dodgers and they're one of the most successful franchises around the last 7-8 years and anything short of a Championship is failure.

...but then we sign Iglesias and many people want to act like it's some coup.  Hyde literally said they're "lucky to have him".  Wow.  How much lower could your expectations possibly be?  Fortunately, we'll be able to keep him for 2021 too.

Hyde's hope is that he can survive until we actually matter, so he is not going to rock the boat.  And compared to what we played at SS last year, he probably is glad to have him.

@mikeghg

#11 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,717 posts

Posted 26 July 2020 - 06:58 PM

7 for 13 in his first series as an Oriole, including 4 for 5 today. 3 doubles in Boston. 

#12 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,717 posts

Posted 07 August 2020 - 07:30 PM

4 hits tonight in DC...  he's got 7 doubles in his 33 ab's on the year.

#13 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 08 August 2020 - 07:27 AM

Iglesias is a real professional.  He plays the game the right way and is a good example for the younger players on the team.

@mikeghg

#14 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,462 posts

Posted 08 August 2020 - 09:26 AM

Wow, 7 doubles already.
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#15 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,717 posts

Posted 18 August 2020 - 06:42 AM

MASN: Iglesias becoming a consideration for injured list
https://www.masnspor...jured-list.html

#16 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,991 posts

Posted 18 August 2020 - 01:45 PM

MASN: Iglesias becoming a consideration for injured list
https://www.masnspor...jured-list.html

Unfortunately, I think he needs to go on the IL. It's obviously a difficult injury to play through. It seems to me the best course of action would be to IL him. I understand the difficulty though, he's been red hot and the Orioles are in contention.
<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#17 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 18 August 2020 - 02:48 PM

Iggy now on the IL.  We brought up someone name Ramon Urias.   Seriously, we do not want to compete.

@mikeghg

#18 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,717 posts

Posted 27 August 2020 - 05:08 PM

#orioles roster moves: Reinstated INF José Iglesias from the 10-day Selected the contract of RHP César Valdez. Optioned LHP Keegan Akin and INF Ramon Urias to alternate camp site.

#19 Ruzious

Ruzious
  • Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 13 September 2020 - 10:00 AM

What a smart move it was by the O's to include a team option to keep him next season - at 3.5 million.  I know he's 30, but I think we should keep him - rather than trade him - because we have nobody ready in the minors to replace him, and I want the young pitchers to have a SS they can depend on.  

• BSLChrisStoner, BobPhelan and Mike B like this

#20 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 13 September 2020 - 07:06 PM

What a smart move it was by the O's to include a team option to keep him next season - at 3.5 million.  I know he's 30, but I think we should keep him - rather than trade him - because we have nobody ready in the minors to replace him, and I want the young pitchers to have a SS they can depend on.  

That should be a very easy decision,

@mikeghg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=