2994 replies to this topic

#81 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,552 posts

Posted 13 January 2020 - 09:30 AM

As much as teams covet the home field advantage and bye in the post season, I almost hope the Ravens are on the road next year. 

3-4 at home in the postseason.

9-6 on road in the postseason.

2-0 on neutral fields in SB.

Yup, put this team on the road.

• BSLChrisStoner likes this
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#82 ravens82

ravens82
  • Members
  • 478 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 13 January 2020 - 12:06 PM

I don't know that those road playoff wins with Flacco at QB really translate to the current team.  Flacco was known for upping his game in the post-season.  Jackson seemed to be playing very tentative this past weekend.  Rust may have been a factor, and I didn't care for Roman's play-calling, but he seemed a little off.  Even his chemistry with his favorite target (Andrews) was off -- that INT that went off his hands was clearly thrown too high.

#83 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 13 January 2020 - 12:16 PM

To me the offseason is all about AJ Green. I think he'll want to play with Lamar. Go get that done, IMO. Classic Ravens sign an aging WR and milk the last 4 years of his career through playoff run story lines. 

#84 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,623 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 13 January 2020 - 12:16 PM

I don't know that those road playoff wins with Flacco at QB really translate to the current team.  Flacco was known for upping his game in the post-season.  Jackson seemed to be playing very tentative this past weekend.  Rust may have been a factor, and I didn't care for Roman's play-calling, but he seemed a little off.  Even his chemistry with his favorite target (Andrews) was off -- that INT that went off his hands was clearly thrown too high.

Yea, I put very little value into historical numbers where all the players have changed.

I read today that Andrews played, with a high ankle sprain.  

The Ravens were just not in sync.  It may have been the lay off, but at this point, that is no more than an excuse.  We got our asses beat, plain and simple.

The one thing, I will credit Lamar, with, is that he never quit.  He kept trying to make plays right down to the last minute.

Brown and Hurst showed up, but not many others.

@mikeghg

#85 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,180 posts

Posted 13 January 2020 - 12:26 PM

Plus, I think the pressure's on the other team to win at home.  It might be good for this team to play on the road with a chip on their shoulder.  There was just too much hype coming into this game over the past couple of weeks.  It was the same thing when they tanked against the Colts in 2006.  

#86 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,552 posts

Posted 13 January 2020 - 12:31 PM

To me the offseason is all about AJ Green. I think he'll want to play with Lamar. Go get that done, IMO. Classic Ravens sign an aging WR and milk the last 4 years of his career through playoff run story lines. 

Green is always going to be a health-risk.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#87 ravens82

ravens82
  • Members
  • 478 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 13 January 2020 - 12:36 PM

Ravens do seem to be signing a lot of ex-Bengals (D. Peko, A. Smith), so it wouldn't entirely surprise me.  As long as the contract is favorable, I'd be fine with it.

#88 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 13 January 2020 - 12:36 PM

Green is always going to be a health-risk.

He could have played 8 weeks this year, maybe more, but clearly didn't want to step up for this Bengals team. He's missed 16 games over the prior 7 seasons before this past year. So sure, you have to take some risk on that. 

We need a guy who can win one on one on the outside. I don't think there's another receiver out there on the market right now that can do it. Personally, he'd be my priority.

#89 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 13 January 2020 - 01:12 PM

Robbie Anderson is intriguing

#90 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 13 January 2020 - 01:22 PM

Robbie Anderson is intriguing

I'd rather just draft a burner or two with our picks in the 4th (2nd and 4th rounds I'd be looking hard at WR). I think we can expect Boykin to also take a step forward, he's not going to be a difference maker, but I think can be better next year. I think Brown showed he has the potential to be a real 1A type and perhaps with full health be something a bit more like Tyreke Hill. Anderson does fit well into that picture though. 

I guess I'm saying I want to spend on high impact or roll with what we've got. I like Anderson and if the deal is good, great. But I'm guessing his deal is going to be vastly too expensive given what the current market for WR looks like in terms of who is available. 

I'd overapy for Ngakoue or AJ Green on this market but other than that, keeping Judon and even Pierce if nothing else services would be just fine with me. 

#91 GabeFerguson

GabeFerguson

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,798 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 13 January 2020 - 01:34 PM

I know it's hard to argue for back to back 1st round WRs, but this class is so stacked...if Henry Ruggs, Tee Higgins or Laviska Shenault are available when the Ravens are on the board I am pulling the trigger.

@gabefergy

#92 GabeFerguson

GabeFerguson

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,798 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 13 January 2020 - 01:35 PM

I could see going OL or DT in the 1st round as well, maybe even Edge although I don't love this class of pass-rushers once you get past the top 2-3 who are gonna be taken already.

@gabefergy

#93 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 13 January 2020 - 01:39 PM

It’s going to be a great WR draft.

#94 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 13 January 2020 - 01:40 PM

I could see going OL or DT in the 1st round as well, maybe even Edge although I don't love this class of pass-rushers once you get past the top 2-3 who are gonna be taken already.

The focus of the offseason should be interior Oline (especially if Yanda retires), WR and front 7.

#95 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 13 January 2020 - 01:51 PM

The focus of the offseason should be interior Oline (especially if Yanda retires), WR and front 7.

Honestly, there aren't a ton of more needs for this team. Adding an impact guy at WR and front 7 (either edge or in the middle LB) and I'll be a happy camper. 

#96 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 13 January 2020 - 01:55 PM

I know it's hard to argue for back to back 1st round WRs, but this class is so stacked...if Henry Ruggs, Tee Higgins or Laviska Shenault are available when the Ravens are on the board I am pulling the trigger.

Also, even if it wasn't a stacked class, I don't know that it's that hard of a case to make. If there is an elite pass rusher there, you don't give that up but we've got the other impact positions covered pretty well, IMO (CB, S, T, RB). This team doesn't use DE or DT in that same way.

If you can get an impact guy at any position though, take it, IMO. Execpt maybe offensive tackle? And if you've got a T that you think should have been a high first, move him inside anyway. 

• GabeFerguson likes this

#97 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 13 January 2020 - 01:58 PM

You don’t have to do anything at QB(although if Hurts falls to mid or later rounds, I could see Ravens taking him) RB, TE or the secondary.

Btw, someone who can be an elite KR wouldn’t be a bad idea either.

#98 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,012 posts

Posted 13 January 2020 - 02:11 PM

Some early names: 

1) K'Lavon Chaisson, LSU, Edge

2) Devonta Smith, Alabama, WR

3) Dylan Moses, Alabama, LB 

4) Raekwon Davis, Alabama, DT

5) Yetur Gross-Matos, Penn State, Edge

6) Creed Humphrey, Oklahoma, C

7) Tee Higgins, Clemson, WR

8) Justin Jefferson, LSU, WR

9) Kenneth Murray, Oklahoma, LB
10) Jon Greenard, Florida, DE

11) Travis Etienne, Clemson RB*

*Ravens aren't taking him, don't need him, just kind of fun to think about.

#99 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 13 January 2020 - 02:15 PM

They really need a kick returner. Thomas was terrible, I'd actually rather have had Jones for the balance of this year. 

I think Thomas twice took penalties for blcoking after a fair catch signal in just half a season...

#100 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 13 January 2020 - 02:17 PM

Dylan Moses is the dream scenario imo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors