2994 replies to this topic

#61 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,973 posts

Posted 12 January 2020 - 03:36 PM

Last night really came down to a handful of plays that went the wrong way.

The Titans forced the ball into Lamar's hands and he still played a strong game, not perfect, but he played well.

He needs better weapons though. Mark Andrews can't be the only go to receiver, because we just saw what happens when he is not 100%.

Hollywood had a good game, but Roberts had a huge drop. Snead and Boykin had big drops too. The WR group has to get better.

On defense LB has to be addressed, both inside and outside. I wouldn't mind bringing back Bynes, but they need to find some athleticism there.

OLB is going to be probably thr biggest need, even if they keep Judon. The pass rush just isnt good enough and neither is the run defense on the edges.

Finally, OL - I dont see it as a huge a need as some others perhaps, but with Yanda potentially retiring an athletic and versatile lineman would help a lot.

Exactly right. We can analyze and talk about a number of different things but this game came down to a few crucial plays. The 1st Int, the two 4th and 1 stops, and the defenses inability to stop or contain Tenn after those 3 plays.

As you said, the LBs have to get much better. Biggest need on the team. ILB and OLB. Decosta did a solid job in patching holes during the season but we need more talent.

Offensively, we are so young. So many guys on their 1st contracts. Just hope to keep improving there. Maybe add a veteran WR on the outside opposite Hollywood but I dont anticipate or think we need to change much personnel on that side of the ball
  • BSLChrisStoner likes this

#62 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,973 posts

Posted 12 January 2020 - 03:47 PM

Btw how impressive is Hollywood Brown. Was never 100% this year and balled out. Great route runner, great hands. Cant wait to see him at top speed. If he can avoid injuries, he appears to be that 1st round WR that we finally hit on

#63 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,264 posts

Posted 12 January 2020 - 04:43 PM

Btw how impressive is Hollywood Brown. Was never 100% this year and balled out. Great route runner, great hands. Cant wait to see him at top speed. If he can avoid injuries, he appears to be that 1st round WR that we finally hit on

IMO they need to feature him a lot more next year. He made a play every time he was called on.

#64 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,767 posts

Posted 12 January 2020 - 06:01 PM

I'm not ready for this quite yet.

#65 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 12 January 2020 - 06:56 PM

https://theundefeate...hanging-season/

#66 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 12 January 2020 - 06:56 PM

The catch right before the half was as good a catch as you will see.

#67 GabeFerguson

GabeFerguson

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,798 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 12 January 2020 - 08:31 PM

He quietly had a very strong rookie season despite being slowed down by injuries. 

I think my biggest concern with him is his durability, but he has some very special abilities. I would like to see him get a little stronger and have some ability to break tackles. If he adds some functional strength I think he can be a go to guy. 

@gabefergy

#68 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,801 posts

Posted 12 January 2020 - 08:43 PM

Brown's catch was reminiscent of his cousin's catch that basically gave Pittsburgh the win in the playoff game against the Ravens years ago.  At the time Antonio Brown was pretty much unknown.  If I remember correctly he caught the ball with one hand and possessed it against his helmet before going out of bounds.  Hollywood basically caught the ball with one hand and brought it into his body.   Hopefully he has his cousin's pass catching abilities and not his cousin's personality traits.  

#69 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,199 posts

Posted 12 January 2020 - 09:44 PM

Watching some of the Seattle/ Green Bay game. Gus Edwards would be a good FA signing for the Seahawks.
<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#70 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,767 posts

Posted 12 January 2020 - 09:56 PM

Watching some of the Seattle/ Green Bay game. Gus Edwards would be a good FA signing for the Seahawks.

Gus is not a FA and likely won't be again after the 2020 season (Ravens can make him a RFA tender for 2021). He's only played two seasons.

#71 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,627 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 12 January 2020 - 10:35 PM

Last night was one of the most disappointing games, IMO, in Ravens history.  I got progressively more worried as the week went on, but when we got into the area, for dinner about 5PM, the streets were electric, then the walk to the stadium after dinner felt like a parade. THe stadium was crazy almost an hour before game time, and by the introductions, it was off the charts.  I felt like we were a  first score from a pretty good win.  It never came, and I thought after we got stopped on 4th down, on the first drive in the second half, the team panicked.

Could not even watch football today, I was so upset.

Great season, but it feels a little wasted now.  I am a few days from looking at free agents and the draft, but I am still very positive about the Ravens.  They are young, have money and picks and will be good again next year.  

It sucks now, but the Ravens are the organization, fans want their teams to be.  Moving on to 2020, in a few days.

• You Play to Win the Game likes this
@mikeghg

#72 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,973 posts

Posted 12 January 2020 - 11:11 PM

Last night was one of the most disappointing games, IMO, in Ravens history. I got progressively more worried as the week went on, but when we got into the area, for dinner about 5PM, the streets were electric, then the walk to the stadium after dinner felt like a parade. THe stadium was crazy almost an hour before game time, and by the introductions, it was off the charts. I felt like we were a first score from a pretty good win. It never came, and I thought after we got stopped on 4th down, on the first drive in the second half, the team panicked.
Could not even watch football today, I was so upset.
Great season, but it feels a little wasted now. I am a few days from looking at free agents and the draft, but I am still very positive about the Ravens. They are young, have money and picks and will be good again next year.
It sucks now, but the Ravens are the organization, fans want their teams to be. Moving on to 2020, in a few days.

The back to back stops by the Titans on 3rd and 2 and 4th and inches followed by the long Henry run was the dagger. Had we scored a TD on that drive we likely win the game. That wouldve been our 3rd consecutive scoring drive and we would've had all the momentum. We also would've been able to stay with our gameplan. The run/ pass ratio would've looked so much different had that drive gone differently.

It'll be a long 8 months but this organization is in a great position and I have no doubts they'll be in a great position to put an end to all the questions this time next year.

#73 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,264 posts

Posted 13 January 2020 - 06:50 AM

Seattle has Chris Carson and Rashaad Penny who are both as good, if not better than Edwards.

#74 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 13 January 2020 - 07:37 AM

https://www.espn.com...-and-whats-next

#75 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,199 posts

Posted 13 January 2020 - 07:54 AM

Seattle has Chris Carson and Rashaad Penny who are both as good, if not better than Edwards.

Like Edward's, Chris Carson is a free agent as well. I think Edwards may be a fit there.

#76 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,092 posts

Posted 13 January 2020 - 08:05 AM

Like Edward's, Chris Carson is a free agent as well. I think Edwards may be a fit there.

Edwards isn't a FA.
  • russsnyder likes this

#77 Steve55

Steve55

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 13 January 2020 - 08:06 AM

Last night really came down to a handful of plays that went the wrong way.

The Titans forced the ball into Lamar's hands and he still played a strong game, not perfect, but he played well.

He needs better weapons though. Mark Andrews can't be the only go to receiver, because we just saw what happens when he is not 100%.

Hollywood had a good game, but Roberts had a huge drop. Snead and Boykin had big drops too. The WR group has to get better.

On defense LB has to be addressed, both inside and outside. I wouldn't mind bringing back Bynes, but they need to find some athleticism there.

OLB is going to be probably thr biggest need, even if they keep Judon. The pass rush just isnt good enough and neither is the run defense on the edges.

Finally, OL - I dont see it as a huge a need as some others perhaps, but with Yanda potentially retiring an athletic and versatile lineman would help a lot.

Saw a few times Saturday night Hurst wide open and nothing came his way. One play he was alone around the 10 yrd line but the pass went to the middle.

#78 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,199 posts

Posted 13 January 2020 - 08:27 AM

Edwards isn't a FA.

I stand corrected. 

Never mind.

Glad that he isn't a free agent.

#79 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,213 posts

Posted 13 January 2020 - 08:30 AM

As much as teams covet the home field advantage and bye in the post season, I almost hope the Ravens are on the road next year. 

• NewMarketSean likes this

#80 Bmore Irish

Bmore Irish

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 13 January 2020 - 08:36 AM

It's been said plenty already, but everything that needed to go wrong for the Ravens to lose did go wrong. If someone had asked me to script the scenario in which the Titans win, that first half would've been exactly what I wrote.

And every Ravens mistake was followed by a big play by the Titans. How many times does Jonnu Smith make that catch given the opportunity? I still don't know the name of the guy who got Humphrey turned around on the deep PA TD after the 4th down stop. At the end of the half, you make a great play to get down into scoring position, and have to settle for a FG without even a single shot to the end zone.

Even then, the game was still totally within reach, but it felt like so much had already gone against them. The future still looks bright, but there isn't a more disappointing way this season could've ended.

• sandiegosean likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=