GabeFerguson

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,798 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 12 January 2020 - 01:32 PM

He also has to work on his emotions.

That’s going to be important for playoff success.

This I don't agree with, it's part of who he is as a player. 

I didn't see anything last night that suggested he was too amped or too emotional. He had a couple of bad mistakes, but he also had a number of tremendous plays. He never lost control or played out of control. 

@gabefergy

#42 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 12 January 2020 - 01:36 PM

This I don't agree with, it's part of who he is as a player. 

I didn't see anything last night that suggested he was too amped or too emotional. He had a couple of bad mistakes, but he also had a number of tremendous plays. He never lost control or played out of control. 

I mean, even he basically admitted it.

#43 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 12 January 2020 - 01:39 PM

https://twitter.com/...3570697227?s=21

#44 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 12 January 2020 - 01:40 PM

https://twitter.com/...4654575616?s=21

#45 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,018 posts

Posted 12 January 2020 - 01:41 PM

I'm still trying to wrap my brain around 530 yards and 12 points.  Just incomprehensible to me.  It's like it's impossible even if you tried to "f" things up.  Doubt I'll ever see that again in my lifetime. 

#46 GabeFerguson

GabeFerguson

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,798 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 12 January 2020 - 01:48 PM

I'm still trying to wrap my brain around 530 yards and 12 points.  Just incomprehensible to me.  It's like it's impossible even if you tried to "f" things up.  Doubt I'll ever see that again in my lifetime. 

Not being able to convert on 4th and inches and then a second INT after another drive into Titans territory were the real killers. 

Overall, the Ravens were able to move the ball fine, they just failed to execute in key situations. Unfortunately, the Titans were the exact opposite.

@gabefergy

#47 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,018 posts

Posted 12 January 2020 - 01:54 PM

Not being able to convert on 4th and inches and then a second INT after another drive into Titans territory were the real killers. 

Overall, the Ravens were able to move the ball fine, they just failed to execute in key situations. Unfortunately, the Titans were the exact opposite.

After piling up 530 yards, that's putting it lightly. 

#48 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,991 posts

Posted 12 January 2020 - 01:55 PM

He also has to work on his emotions.

That’s going to be important for playoff success.

I agree.

His body language on the field was poor at times. In particular, his holding up his hands to the sideline on Roberts'drop was a real bad look.

I love the kid and I know he wants to win. However, he needs to keep his composure. He was his own worst enemy at times last night.
<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#49 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,839 posts

Posted 12 January 2020 - 01:59 PM

Ravens should forfeit next season!

Maybe they should trade Lamar, tank and draft Trevor Lawrence?

Or, just move the team. Maybe Indy wants a second franchise?

Maybe Trevor Lawrence is a better passer. I'm sure you'd be thrilled.

#50 GabeFerguson

GabeFerguson

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,798 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 12 January 2020 - 02:03 PM

After piling up 530 yards, that's putting it lightly. 

yeah, but it really came down to handful of plays that went wrong. A couple of 4th and 1s, a couple of key drops. A fumble in the worst part of the field. A WR that got open deep. A missed tackle that led to a 70 yard run. 

It was the perfect combination of everything that could go wrong. And I don't want to take anything away from the Titans, because they made the plays that they had to in key spots.

@gabefergy

#51 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 12 January 2020 - 02:23 PM

Maybe Trevor Lawrence is a better passer. I'm sure you'd be thrilled.

No maybes about that

#52 St.Steveg

St.Steveg
  • Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 12 January 2020 - 02:23 PM

Good post.I think the decision to go for the first down in their own territory was a poor decision. Tennessee got the momentum and never looked back after stopping the Ravens and going up 14-0.

I do disagree that Tennessee is not a good team. They man handled the Ravens defensive front seven. More importantly, I have never seen Jackson so frustrated. They did a good job of containing him. Besides, they beat the # 3 and #1 playoff seeds on consecutive weeks. Both road wins. I would not be shocked if they beat KC or Houston next week.

I just think the Titans line most often beat the Ravens line on both sides of the ball. The Ravens have had enough success on fourth down that there was reason to go for it IMO. Was it Mekari getting blown up, or was it a group fail? The purple seldom got their way in the pits, couldn't convert fourth downs, couldn't create running space or provide consistent protection for Jackson (turnovers were the dagger), and couldn't contain Henry or pressure Tannehill on the other side.

To me the Ravens are in good shape for 2020 at skill positions, but they need to build up the middle: interior OL, pass rush, LB.

#53 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 12 January 2020 - 02:24 PM

yeah, but it really came down to handful of plays that went wrong. A couple of 4th and 1s, a couple of key drops. A fumble in the worst part of the field. A WR that got open deep. A missed tackle that led to a 70 yard run. 

It was the perfect combination of everything that could go wrong. And I don't want to take anything away from the Titans, because they made the plays that they had to in key spots.

Yep..what did we talk about this week?

The Ravens have a margin for error in that they could make multiple mistakes and still win.

But 5-8 mistakes? You can’t overcome that unless the other team is completely crapping the bed.

The Ravens played about the worst game they could in many ways. They gave it away.

#54 GabeFerguson

GabeFerguson

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,798 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 12 January 2020 - 02:29 PM

Yep..what did we talk about this week?

The Ravens have a margin for error in that they could make multiple mistakes and still win.

But 5-8 mistakes? You can’t overcome that unless the other team is completely crapping the bed.

The Ravens played about the worst game they could in many ways. They gave it away.

Yeah, they did.

These were plays they were making all season long, but in the biggest moment couldn't execute.

Part of that is on the coaches, but I think the biggest thing is just lack of experience. This is only the 2nd playoff game for the vast majority of the roster. One of problems you have when the team is so young.

@gabefergy

#55 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 12 January 2020 - 02:31 PM

Yeah, they did.
These were plays they were making all season long, but in the biggest moment couldn't execute.
Part of that is on the coaches, but I think the biggest thing is just lack od experience. This is only the 2nd playoff game for the vast majority of the roster. One of problems you have when the team is so young.

Yep...I said it earlier but learning to win in the playoffs isn’t something normally done overnight.

Still, that’s why you would have expected them to lose to KC next week, not Tennessee yesterday.

#56 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,720 posts

Posted 12 January 2020 - 02:34 PM

Yep...I said it earlier but learning to win in the playoffs isn’t something normally done overnight.

Still, that’s why you would have expected them to lose to KC next week, not Tennessee yesterday.

But there was zero pressure on the Titans yesterday. They got to play loose. 

And the Ravens were used to things coming easy. They weren't used to being hit first.

#57 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,839 posts

Posted 12 January 2020 - 02:37 PM

No maybes about that

LOL.

Awesome! Yes! Let's do it!

Maybe we can trade him for Baker Mayfield too. He was a better passer in college also!

#58 85Knight

85Knight

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 12 January 2020 - 03:06 PM

I'm still trying to wrap my brain around 530 yards and 12 points. Just incomprehensible to me. It's like it's impossible even if you tried to "f" things up. Doubt I'll ever see that again in my lifetime.

I would have bet any amount of money that the Ravens would score at least 20 pts. against the Titans after not scoring less than that all season. Factor in the rest and the home playoff game and I thought that was a given. You're exactly right, it's almost impossible to get 530 yds and only score 12 pts. Football is a funny game and it basically would have taken a lot to go wrong for the Titans to walk out of here with a win and that's exactly what happened.

The offense, defense and coaching were all poor last night and the special teams didn't do anything special. It was a colossal team failure at the worst possible time. I guess if there's some solace at least it was a complete team failure and there can be no finger pointing. I can't think of any particular player that had a good game.

#59 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 12 January 2020 - 03:08 PM

Peters did.

He was on AJ Brown for a lot of the game and Brown did nothing.
  • russsnyder likes this

#60 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,991 posts

Posted 12 January 2020 - 03:15 PM

Peters did.

He was on AJ Brown for a lot of the game and Brown did nothing.

Yeah, he did shut Brown down.

He had a nice tackle for loss on Henry early in the game as well.
<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=