• Please log in to reply
2994 replies to this topic

#1 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,089 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 11:34 PM

The off-season starts earlier than we all hoped.

Is Yanda coming back?

Some Salary Cap talk...
https://www.baltimor...avens-cap-talk/

Ravens 2020 schedule:

Home: Jaguars, Titans, Cowboys, Giants, Chiefs, Bengals, Browns and Steelers

Away: Redskins, Eagles, Colts, Texans, Patriots, Bengals, Browns and Steelers
  • sandiegosean likes this

#2 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,990 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 11:35 PM

I think the 2020 Ravens will be lucky to make the playoffs.

I predict that this offense will be substantially worse. Jackson will be substantially worse. No team is going to be mystified any longer. They know exactly how to shut them down.

#3 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,568 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 11:35 PM

Plenty of positive to look forward to in the future. Get another WR...... work on the LB corp...... maybe add another OG or two...... we’ll be fine.

#4 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,568 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 11:37 PM

Hopefully we can get a healthy Hollywood next year...... Boykin a year of development. Still have a very good TE group with Andrews, Hurst, and Boyle. Ingram, Edwards, Hill. Not worried about the offense.

Rebuild the LB corp, find an edge rusher in the draft, build up the inside of the OL.
  • BSLChrisStoner and St.Steveg like this

#5 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,640 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 11:39 PM

The Ravens WRs are among the worst in the NFL. I’d argue they need a WR1 and 2 and shove the rest down the depth chart.

#6 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,568 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 11:43 PM

Brown has the potential. Will he ever be healthy enough to reach it? Boykin looked pretty meh, but he’s got the size you like. Snead is a good 3 or 4. Roberts is a dime a dozen veteran.

Yeah, that’s a very unimpressive group.

#7 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,089 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 11:46 PM

Here's what I love about Jackson. First thing he does in the press conference... is point at himself, and talk about getting back to work.

#8 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,089 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 11:47 PM

Tavon Young (also Elliott) back next year. If he stays healthy, Secondary should be ridiculous. 

Like Jason said, please get an edge rusher and improve the LBs. 

#9 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,264 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 11:54 PM

I think the 2020 Ravens will be lucky to make the playoffs.

I predict that this offense will be substantially worse. Jackson will be substantially worse. No team is going to be mystified any longer. They know exactly how to shut them down.

Calm down dude. Just take a day. Let it go.

Jackson will be fine. They got shell shocked. When Andrews let that ball go through his hands and into the defenders, this team didn't know what to do. That's a gimmie all season. We went from our normal stop you, March down the field and get 6 routine to back on our heels. Then they got stopped on 4th and 1. That never happens. They blinked and its 14 - 0.

Tennessee is not a good football team. They do one thing really good. At some point Tannehill will have to win a game for them. I fully expect KC to win tomorrow and then win by 20+ next week.

#10 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,264 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 11:59 PM

For next season, just like I said in the game thread. Go get talent at LB. Go get a good WR. Optimally go steal AJ Green.

#11 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,801 posts

Posted 12 January 2020 - 12:26 AM

Well here is another thing to think about.  Dean Pee's has been raked over the coals in Baltimore.  His game plan tonight was better than anyone else had game planned for the Ravens.  He took most of the middle away and forced Jackson to throw to the outside where he isn't as accurate.  His defense also contained Jackson for a lot of the game.  The Ravens coaching staff failed big time against him, but you have to give him credit for making the Raven's offense look worse than it has all year long.  

#12 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 12 January 2020 - 12:28 AM

Didn’t people on here tell us how great Lamar is throwing outside the numbers?

He looked terrible tonight. Game plan sucked but he looked brutal.

#13 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 12 January 2020 - 12:32 AM

Also see the difference in demeanor between Joe and Lamar.

Joe’s even keeled personality was such an asset in the playoffs.

Lamar seems to be more high strung.

That’s not necessarily a bad thing but if you can’t control your emotions in the playoffs, it’s tough to win.

#14 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,801 posts

Posted 12 January 2020 - 12:37 AM

I do think Jackson was pressing tonight.  I think he was trying to do too much, and maybe the stage was a little too big once they got behind.  But he did make some good throws and some good runs.  Also at least one terrible interception.  But going away from the run the way they did simply fueled that mess.  That's where the coach and the OC have to go back to running the ball and take some of the anxiety out of him.  The coaching staff did none of that.  

#15 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 12 January 2020 - 12:45 AM

You are down 14-6 and still going 4 and 5 wide and getting away from the run.

I get it..Tennessee wasn’t as good vs the pass as the run but you have to stick with what got you here and not be stupid.

Lamar threw it 59 times and many of the runs were actually designed pass plays were he scrambled.

They probably called close to 70 pass plays tonight.

That’s absurd.

#16 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 12 January 2020 - 12:47 AM

Also see the difference in demeanor between Joe and Lamar.
Joe’s even keeled personality was such an asset in the playoffs.
Lamar seems to be more high strung.
That’s not necessarily a bad thing but if you can’t control your emotions in the playoffs, it’s tough to win.

https://twitter.com/...2058664960?s=21

#17 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 12 January 2020 - 12:47 AM

https://twitter.com/...4549385216?s=21

#18 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,471 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 12 January 2020 - 12:49 AM

https://twitter.com/...4549385216?s=21

Or, in the case of Humphrey, choke against the Bengals and miss the playoffs. Small player when it matters most.

#19 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,990 posts

Posted 12 January 2020 - 12:57 AM

The regular season officially doesn't matter anymore. I don't care if they're 16-0 going into the playoffs. This is a team of pretenders until they prove they aren't.
  • Mike in STL likes this

#20 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,191 posts

Posted 12 January 2020 - 04:42 AM

Calm down dude. Just take a day. Let it go.

Jackson will be fine. They got shell shocked. When Andrews let that ball go through his hands and into the defenders, this team didn't know what to do. That's a gimmie all season. We went from our normal stop you, March down the field and get 6 routine to back on our heels. Then they got stopped on 4th and 1. That never happens. They blinked and its 14 - 0.

Tennessee is not a good football team. They do one thing really good. At some point Tannehill will have to win a game for them. I fully expect KC to win tomorrow and then win by 20+ next week.

Good post.

I think the decision to go for the first down in their own territory was a poor decision. Tennessee got the momentum and never looked back after stopping the Ravens and going up 14-0.

I do disagree that Tennessee is not a good team. They man handled the Ravens defensive front seven. More importantly, I have never seen Jackson so frustrated. They did a good job of containing him. Besides, they beat the # 3 and #1 playoff seeds on consecutive weeks. Both road wins. I would not be shocked if they beat KC or Houston next week.
<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=