#21 FlavaDave10

FlavaDave10

Dave

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,972 posts
  • LocationBalmer

Posted 05 January 2020 - 11:51 AM

If anyone knows any Titans fans, please let them know about this. https://twitter.com/...860307090718720

"We're not going to be f***ing suck this year" - Alex Ovechkin

@BaltimoreDavey

#22 Bmore Irish

Bmore Irish

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 05 January 2020 - 11:54 AM

The Ravens have struggled against the run at times, so Derrick Henry and the Titans run game could be a concern. Maybe you worry the weather could even things out and make it more like the 49ers or Bills games. Tannehill can make plays with his legs and has had an excellent half a season since becoming the starter. They're better than their record, and Vrabel seems like a good coach.

The Ravens are clearly the all-around better team. I trust the coaching staff has already been studying Tennessee since they're the one team we hadn't faced yet.

#23 FlavaDave10

FlavaDave10

Dave

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,972 posts
  • LocationBalmer

Posted 05 January 2020 - 12:01 PM

The Ravens have struggled against the run at times, so Derrick Henry and the Titans run game could be a concern. Maybe you worry the weather could even things out and make it more like the 49ers or Bills games. Tannehill can make plays with his legs and has had an excellent half a season since becoming the starter. They're better than their record, and Vrabel seems like a good coach.

The Ravens are clearly the all-around better team. I trust the coaching staff has already been studying Tennessee since they're the one team we hadn't faced yet.

That's why I'm pretty confident in the Ravens. The Titans haven't faced us yet. As long as the Ravens can limit Henry's big plays, they should win. 

"We're not going to be f***ing suck this year" - Alex Ovechkin

@BaltimoreDavey

#24 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,471 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 05 January 2020 - 12:29 PM

I think the Ravens are going to roll Tennessee. And they won't be able to keep handing Henry the ball. I'm always nervous in the playoffs though.

#25 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 05 January 2020 - 01:04 PM

This is the first time in a long time that the Ravens head into the playoffs as favorites.

It’s a different feel as a fan.

You feel you are more vulnerable than everyone else thinks because we have been rooting for the team “no one wants to play” for years and we have seen that team win a lot of games.

Now, we are playing the team “no one wants to play”.

It’s a different role for sure.
  • You Play to Win the Game likes this

#26 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 05 January 2020 - 01:12 PM

I feel one thing is certain. Winner of this game plays KC. Houston is not good.
@BSLMikeRandall

#27 Bmore Irish

Bmore Irish

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 05 January 2020 - 01:13 PM

So I seem to remember Tennessee going heavy a fair amount on offense last night (this could be wrong I was several beers in). Maybe that's just my preconceived perception of them. I'm sure Warren Sharp has the numbers on their personnel usage.

If that's the case, I wonder if we'll see more base defense from the Ravens. They've run it pretty rarely over the course of the season, which makes sense. More big nickel stuff which I'm sure we'll still see plenty of. Either way, probably get Williams and Pierce on the field together more than usual.

Offensive gameplan = keep doing what you're doing? If it ain't broke...

#28 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 05 January 2020 - 01:15 PM

So I seem to remember Tennessee going heavy a fair amount on offense last night (this could be wrong I was several beers in). Maybe that's just my preconceived perception of them. I'm sure Warren Sharp has the numbers on their personnel usage.

If that's the case, I wonder if we'll see more base defense from the Ravens. They've run it pretty rarely over the course of the season, which makes sense. More big nickel stuff which I'm sure we'll still see plenty of. Either way, probably get Williams and Pierce on the field together more than usual.

Offensive gameplan = keep doing what you're doing? If it ain't broke...

https://twitter.com/...4227002371?s=21
  • Bmore Irish likes this

#29 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 05 January 2020 - 02:25 PM

They were big a lot. You saw some 3 WR sets but not many. On a majority snaps they had 7+ guys on the line of scrimmage. That were times it was 9 guys on the LOS and they would just try to run it. Shockingly, this worked for Tennessee. 

Bill Belicheck outsmarted himself in this one. Historically the Pats take the best thing away from you and in this game, they didn't do that. That being said, the Titans had 14 points and realy only one sustained drive the 2 minute drill TD was driven by the screen and a big off tackle run. Other than that, they didn't do squat. The Pats offense really shit the bed last night. 

#30 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 05 January 2020 - 02:27 PM

https://twitter.com/...4227002371?s=21

Ha, and 13 and 22 personnel. The Titans really did go big. 

#31 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 05 January 2020 - 02:34 PM

I also wonder if we see Ellis active for this game and if we see any of Pierce/Williams/Peko together on the field. Or even 3 DL's. 

Ken keeps closer track of defensive formations than I do, but I also wonder if we see more true Bear looks. With Ward and Wormely, to go with two DTs and then see Fort, and Bynes out there with Judon and Clark also down in the box. 

And then just Humprhey, Thomas, and Peters protecting on the back end. 

#32 Bmore Irish

Bmore Irish

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 05 January 2020 - 05:03 PM

They were big a lot. You saw some 3 WR sets but not many. On a majority snaps they had 7+ guys on the line of scrimmage. That were times it was 9 guys on the LOS and they would just try to run it. Shockingly, this worked for Tennessee. 

Bill Belicheck outsmarted himself in this one. Historically the Pats take the best thing away from you and in this game, they didn't do that. That being said, the Titans had 14 points and realy only one sustained drive the 2 minute drill TD was driven by the screen and a big off tackle run. Other than that, they didn't do squat. The Pats offense really shit the bed last night. 

That's what I remembered. I feel like the Ravens should be able to limit Henry's impact with scheme. If Humphrey can lock down AJ Brown for the most part, I'd rather see Tannehill have to beat us anyway.

#33 85Knight

85Knight

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,389 posts

Posted 05 January 2020 - 07:39 PM

I think we're all worried and rightfully so because we're the juggernaut riding a 12 game winning streak this time. This is uncharted and uncomfortable territory for Ravens fans but the reality is we're a double digit favorite at home. We're the team nobody wants to face. If we play well we'll win this game and probably pretty easily but in the meantime we'll continue to be nervous frontrunners just like we should be.

#34 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,767 posts

Posted 06 January 2020 - 09:32 AM

I think the Ravens have a 2-mistake advantage over the Titans.  

If we make 2 huge mistakes (allow ST or defensive TD, allow long TD, turnover deep in red zone) and the Titans make none, then it would be a tossup.

If we make 1 extra huge mistake then we win but don't cover.  If we're even on huge mistakes then we cover.  If we are ahead then it's a rout.

#35 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 06 January 2020 - 01:01 PM

I think the Ravens have a 2-mistake advantage over the Titans.  

If we make 2 huge mistakes (allow ST or defensive TD, allow long TD, turnover deep in red zone) and the Titans make none, then it would be a tossup.

If we make 1 extra huge mistake then we win but don't cover.  If we're even on huge mistakes then we cover.  If we are ahead then it's a rout.

I like this style of thinking but I think it's more like 2.5 to 3. But I think this is right. 

I think about the Pats game which had 2 but I guess if we're talking about net mistakes, then I'd assume the Titans on the road aren't going to play a totally mistake free game, which they did not against the Pats either. 

#36 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,092 posts

Posted 06 January 2020 - 01:07 PM

It's the playoffs. Everyone is good, you should expect to be tested and pushed. 

Hell, in the regular season for most teams (not this Ravens team) most games are within a TD. 

This Ravens team mostly rolled everyone. 

The Titans are good enough, that if they play their A game, and the Ravens are flat, or more importantly make mistakes... the Ravens could lose. 

If the Ravens play well (not necessarily their best game); they should win. 

Get out on early, and avoid mistakes which even the playing field. 

The Titans get to come out with zero pressure on them, and already a post-season game under their belt. They figure to be loose. 

The Ravens had the week off.  Will they be rusty? Tight? 

Ultimately... the Ravens have Lamar Jackson, and the Titans and others don't. 

• Mike B likes this

#37 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,627 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 06 January 2020 - 02:02 PM

It's the playoffs. Everyone is good, you should expect to be tested and pushed. 

Hell, in the regular season for most teams (not this Ravens team) most games are within a TD. 

This Ravens team mostly rolled everyone. 

The Titans are good enough, that if they play their A game, and the Ravens are flat, or more importantly make mistakes... the Ravens could lose. 

If the Ravens play well (not necessarily their best game); they should win. 

Get out on early, and avoid mistakes which even the playing field. 

The Titans get to come out with zero pressure on them, and already a post-season game under their belt. They figure to be loose. 

The Ravens had the week off.  Will they be rusty? Tight? 

Ultimately... the Ravens have Lamar Jackson, and the Titans and others don't. 

Yep, this is right.  I said in the other thread, I believe the Ravens are finally that team, that if they come out hot and play well, it really does not matter what Tennessee does.  The Ravens are better.

Take care of the ball and good things will happen.  Hopefully the damn weatherman helps us out.

I remember for years when high flying offenses came to town, hoping for cold and inclement weather.  Damn, we are that high flying offense now.

@mikeghg

#38 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 06 January 2020 - 05:18 PM

Eagle and Fouts are calling the game.

That’s their #2 team?

#39 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 06 January 2020 - 05:19 PM

https://twitter.com/...3108116482?s=21

#40 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 06 January 2020 - 05:25 PM

Eagle and Fouts are calling the game.

That’s their #2 team?

Well it's worked all year for the Ravens, I feel like they've only gotten one game from Nantz and Romo if any (maybe I'm misremembering that). 

I'm surprised Mahomes/Watson is thought to be a better draw than the MVP. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=