3 replies to this topic

#1 glenn__davis

glenn__davis

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,453 posts

Posted 02 January 2020 - 11:43 AM

No idea where to put this since all the Durkin threads appear to have been closed, but Lane Kiffin has added Durkin as an assistant coach to his staff at Ole Miss.  

https://www.espn.com...urkin-assistant

#2 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,701 posts

Posted 02 January 2020 - 11:53 AM

Nobody's ever accused Lane Kiffin of having a conscience, so this makes sense.

I think Durkin got exactly what he deserved from Maryland.  I don't begrudge him the ability to seek further employment, but I wouldn't hire him if I were making the decisions at any school.  There are many qualified coaches who haven't been at least indirectly responsible (if I'm being kind) for a player's death.  But if Ole Miss decides they think what he brings to the table outweighs the negatives - both practically and morally - then I hope Durkin has learned some things and will be a better leader moving forward.

• DJ MC likes this

#3 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,623 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 02 January 2020 - 12:11 PM

No idea where to put this since all the Durkin threads appear to have been closed, but Lane Kiffin has added Durkin as an assistant coach to his staff at Ole Miss.  

https://www.espn.com...urkin-assistant

No surprise it was Kiffin that hired him.

I am not sure how effective he can be recruiting.  As a parent, he would have a tough time convincing me to send my kid to play for him.

@mikeghg

#4 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,392 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 02 January 2020 - 02:47 PM

I am not sure how effective he can be recruiting.  As a parent, he would have a tough time convincing me to send my kid to play for him.

I can only guess he won't have a major role in recruiting at Ole Miss, even though he was one of the best recruiters in the country.

Or maybe he's convinced Kiffin he can still sell recruits and families despite his baggage....he did, after all, manage to con the UM Board of Regents into reinstating him after interviewing with them. The only reason he's gone now is because that gutless worm in a bowtie managed to show a spine, however brief.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=