#321 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 12 December 2019 - 11:26 PM

King's of the North... again! Back to back baby!!! Let's go, get some.

1 more win and not only do we get home field, it means we also likely only have to play one of KC or NE.
  • You Play to Win the Game likes this

#322 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,701 posts

Posted 12 December 2019 - 11:30 PM

https://www.google.c...l-mvp-odds-race

That looks like money line, bet 100 to win 10000, not 10000:1. So 100 to 1. Two orders of magnitude less than 10k:1.

Still...would've been nice to place some money into that back in the summer!

#323 fishteacher

fishteacher

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,864 posts
  • LocationHarrisburg, PA

Posted 12 December 2019 - 11:30 PM

Mark Ingram is everything right about NFL football....he's hilarious, enjoys what he does, and is humble, and will be an analyst for sure after his career is over.

• BSLChrisStoner, Mike B and bmore_ken like this
I'm here to do two things...chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum. ~ Roddy Piper
@therealjfisher

#324 fishteacher

fishteacher

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,864 posts
  • LocationHarrisburg, PA

Posted 12 December 2019 - 11:31 PM

Joe never ignited the fanbase or the league like Lamar has. He is the best QB, right now, in Ravens history.

I've never asked for a Flacco jersey...my girlfriend is getting me a #8 jersey...the best # in the history of Baltimore sports....and #52.

I'm here to do two things...chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum. ~ Roddy Piper
@therealjfisher

#325 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,860 posts

Posted 12 December 2019 - 11:40 PM

Mark Ingram is everything right about NFL football....he's hilarious, enjoys what he does, and is humble, and will be an analyst for sure after his career is over.

Loved that interview.  :mrgreen:

#326 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,623 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 13 December 2019 - 11:05 AM

He has turned out to be a great addition.  He is perfectly content to play Robin,  to LJ's  Batman, always has Lamar's back on and off the field,  and plays running back, like Steve Smith played wide receiver, every inch of yardage matters.

Great addition.

@mikeghg

#327 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,623 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 13 December 2019 - 11:08 AM

If he retires tomorrow?

I can't yet put him ahead of a guy who played well here for over a decade and had the Super Bowl run that Joe did.

Clearly the best high watermark. By a mile.

This is where I am.  This is the most excited I have ever been over a Ravens player, but Joe  was the dominate player on an incredible SB run. 

Lamar is for real, though and will soon be recognized as the best Raven QB ever, but not just yet, at least IMO.

• JStruds likes this
@mikeghg

#328 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,623 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 13 December 2019 - 12:12 PM

Maybe I should have taken the +16

Good thing, you did not.

@mikeghg

#329 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,623 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 13 December 2019 - 12:20 PM

HAHHAHAHAHAHAH. Did he ever throw 31 TD passes and rush for over 1000 yards? He's the best so far(which isn't really saying much), but Lamar will take that title next year. 

LAMAR IS GREAT!.  IMO, the best player in the NFL this year, but IMO,  we need to stop using his success as a reason to kick Joe, who won a lot of games, and a Super Bowl with the Ravens.   Again, IMO, a ROH player.

• SportsGuy, You Play to Win the Game, Mike in STL and 1 other like this
@mikeghg

#330 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,463 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 13 December 2019 - 12:39 PM

Agree Mike, no reason to kick Joe. Glad he was a Raven, thankful for all the success we had with him.
  • Mike B, NewMarketSean and Mike in STL like this

#331 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 13 December 2019 - 04:23 PM

LAMAR IS GREAT!. IMO, the best player in the NFL this year, but IMO, we need to stop using his success as a reason to kick Joe, who won a lot of games, and a Super Bowl with the Ravens. Again, IMO, a ROH player.

Well said.

#332 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,796 posts

Posted 13 December 2019 - 07:24 PM

Best ever Ravens QB?  No, he needs longevity, playoff wins, and a ring to claim that.  Best ever regular season by a Raven's QB, yes.  But ranking him ahead of Flacco is very premature.  Joe Flacco started from day 1 as a rookie and took that team, a year removed from a 5-11 season, to an AFC championship.  Flacco has a .667 playoff record at 10-5.  Jackson is at .000 at 0-1.  That may all change.  The Ravens are the super bowl favorite and at this point, anything less than a SB win is a disappointment.  But you still gotta get there and put up the numbers.  People forget that from 2008 until 2014 Joe Flacco was pretty good and had the Ravens in the playoffs 6 out of 7 years.  And in those 6 years, the Ravens NEVER went one and out.  I know some people want to bury Flacco around here, and I have been critical of him myself the last few years, but the record doesn't lie.  When Jackson can deliver season after season of playoff wins and at least a ring, then we can have this conversation.  Until then it is a great year by him that may very will lead to those playoff wins and that ring.  It doesn't quite put him at the best Raven's QB ever status just yet.  

#333 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,796 posts

Posted 13 December 2019 - 07:39 PM

Joe never ignited the fanbase or the league like Lamar has. He is the best QB, right now, in Ravens history.

You're probably right, but I do seem to remember fans being pretty excited that first year with Flacco when things started rolling.  I remember they won their first game, Cincinnati I think, and then lost like 2 or 3 in a row.  Everyone was like well you can't expect much from a rookie who wasn't expected to start.  But then they started stringing wins together and I think they played Pittsburgh late in the season with the division on the line.  That may have been the Santanio Holmes phantom TD game that gave Pittsburgh the division.  In the playoffs they won on the road at Miami, and then beat a pretty good Tennessee team on the road again.  I remember that game because I was at a bar and had never seen it so packed.  The owner rolled out empty beer kegs for people to sit on.  They finally lost to Pittsburgh in the AFC championship but it was close until Flacco got pick sixed by Palamalu.  But I do remember fans being really excited that whole season.  Maybe it was just because after Scott Mitchell, Tony Banks, Kyle boller and whoever else they were just happy that the organization could finally figure out how to get a good QB.  

#334 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,180 posts

Posted 13 December 2019 - 07:48 PM

LAMAR IS GREAT!.  IMO, the best player in the NFL this year, but IMO,  we need to stop using his success as a reason to kick Joe, who won a lot of games, and a Super Bowl with the Ravens.   Again, IMO, a ROH player.

I appreciated Joe too, especially after the dirge of quarterbacks we had for so many years.  But from a strict, talent level, it's not even close in my mind.  It's too early to know what kind of longevity Lamar is going to have but if he lasts as long as Joe did, he's going to pile up records and stats that will shatter anything Flacco did.  

#335 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,260 posts

Posted 13 December 2019 - 09:29 PM

I appreciated Joe too, especially after the dirge of quarterbacks we had for so many years. But from a strict, talent level, it's not even close in my mind. It's too early to know what kind of longevity Lamar is going to have but if he lasts as long as Joe did, he's going to pile up records and stats that will shatter anything Flacco did.

I pray he can turn it on when it matters most like Joe did. TJ whosyourmama, Lee Evans and Cundiff stole some possible hardware from him. Flacco always made the play when it mattered. If Lamar can't do that, it will put a hit on his legacy for sure, just like it did Manning.
  • JStruds likes this

#336 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,981 posts

Posted 22 December 2019 - 06:29 PM

If I had to win one game, I'm taking Lamar and it isn't particularly close.

I don't know if that makes him the "best" or not, but it's the case none the less.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=