Photo

2019-20-21 Baltimore Metro Basketball (Men)

• Please log in to reply
202 replies to this topic

#61 GreyhoundAlum

GreyhoundAlum
  • Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 18 January 2020 - 03:44 PM

I got Poly beating St. Frances and then City beating Poly and finishing no. 1 and undefeated.
I just left City's win over a feisty New Era team in Cherry Hill. They tried to intimidate the City folk but it didn't work and I'm talking about in the stands. If City hits their free throws they can beat any team in the area, they really are that good. They will give Poly all they can handle when they come to City in 3 weeks.
p.s. I've seen St. Frances with all of their players and I wasn't blown away.

Poly should be undefeated. The game they lost to St. John’s, they were up by over 20 and blew it. I got love for City and Poly, as my good friend Kwame Evans’s son is on Poly and another great friend’s nephew is Ahmad Harrison for City. Glad that both schools are so strong this year. That game is going to be insane, better get there an hour early, at least.

#62 GreyhoundAlum

GreyhoundAlum
  • Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 18 January 2020 - 03:46 PM

Edokpayi of Mt St Joe completely outplayed Julian Reese

Oh damn. I watched the Edokpayi kid against BL online, and he didn’t impress me at all. I know Baldwin is coming off some injury, but he’s so hot and cold. For a kid that has his rep, he doesn’t bring it every game.

#63 Genius Movement

Genius Movement
  • Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 18 January 2020 - 07:11 PM

City and Poly may have to play 3 times this year. Regular season, City Championships, state playoffs

#64 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,092 posts

Posted 21 January 2020 - 12:55 PM

Balt Sun: Baltimore Catholic League alumni create rich legacy in NBA

#65 BSLWillieSeanCoughlan

BSLWillieSeanCoughlan

BSL HS Analyst

• Members
  • Pip
  • 676 posts

Posted 21 January 2020 - 08:41 PM

Poly mollywhops Edmondson, 83-37. The Engineers took a 26 point halftime lead, before kicking in the running clock. The Red Storm are 11-3, but have a 19 point loss to City, a 26 point loss to Rock Creek Christian, and now adds tonight’s 46 point loss. Poly made its debut in the Max Preps Top 25 today, coming in at #24.
@aka_themamba

#66 85Knight

85Knight

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,389 posts

Posted 23 January 2020 - 01:12 AM

Poly mollywhops Edmondson, 83-37. The Engineers took a 26 point halftime lead, before kicking in the running clock. The Red Storm are 11-3, but have a 19 point loss to City, a 26 point loss to Rock Creek Christian, and now adds tonight’s 46 point loss. Poly made its debut in the Max Preps Top 25 today, coming in at #24.

Poly is the best team in the city league by a long shot. City is 2nd best and nobody else is close to them. The City Poly game will be interesting if Poly doesn't bring their A game.
  • BSLWillieSeanCoughlan likes this

#67 BSLWillieSeanCoughlan

BSLWillieSeanCoughlan

BSL HS Analyst

• Members
  • Pip
  • 676 posts

Posted 23 January 2020 - 05:38 AM

Poly is the best team in the city league by a long shot. City is 2nd best and nobody else is close to them. The City Poly game will be interesting if Poly doesn't bring their A game.

I’d add that Poly is the best public school team in the state, and it isn’t even close. I’d love to see the Black Knights give them a game, but after last year’s regional scare, it may the Engineers looking for payback.
@aka_themamba

#68 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,092 posts

Posted 23 January 2020 - 08:26 AM

Baltimore Sun: 12 Baltimore-area high school basketball players earn McDonald’s All American nominations

Baltimore Sun: New Town boys basketball starts fast, holds off Dulaney, 77-66, for 12th straight win

#69 GreyhoundAlum

GreyhoundAlum
  • Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 24 January 2020 - 08:54 PM

Gilman beats the hottest team in the MIAA right now Boys Latin, 66-64. Gilman lead From start to finish, BL made a little comeback at the end. Gilman played without Malik Missouri, who’s out for the year after knee surgery, and Rayuan Lane, who was in Florida at a high school football All American game combine. With a healthy Missouri, this would have been a special team. Still don’t know how MSJ lost to BL. Bad matchup for Gilman, MSJ just too big.

#70 Genius Movement

Genius Movement
  • Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 24 January 2020 - 09:21 PM

Gilman is playing incredible right now. I know how BL beat MSJ. Their coach is incredible

#71 GreyhoundAlum

GreyhoundAlum
  • Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 24 January 2020 - 10:21 PM

Gilman is playing incredible right now. I know how BL beat MSJ. Their coach is incredible

Former CHC coaching great David Gately, joining Gilman’s staff this year has made a world of difference. Without Missouri, they’re by far the smallest team in the league. They have a special sophomore backcourt, that keeps them close against everybody. They should be a Top 5 team in the Area next year.

#72 Genius Movement

Genius Movement
  • Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 24 January 2020 - 10:44 PM

Gilman has more height than BL

#73 85Knight

85Knight

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,389 posts

Posted 25 January 2020 - 12:45 AM

City vs. Lake next week should be a good game. Tree always gets the most out of his teams and this should be an old school Eastside battle.

#74 Genius Movement

Genius Movement
  • Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 25 January 2020 - 10:25 AM

Tree is a very underrated coach. Many players have left his program in recent years and he STILL wins state championships. Lake had the only semi-respectable game against Poly. Poly destroyed the rest of the city competition

#75 BSLWillieSeanCoughlan

BSLWillieSeanCoughlan

BSL HS Analyst

• Members
  • Pip
  • 676 posts

Posted 25 January 2020 - 10:49 AM

I wouldn’t say Tree is underrated. I think most avid observers consider Tree among the top few coaches in the MPSSAA, and top handful in the state, overall. As far as the Engineers, they’ve been as dominant as any team in recent memory. Even in the game you call call “the most semi-respectable (loss of the year)”, the Engineers scored 53 points in the final 16 minutes.
@aka_themamba

#76 GreyhoundAlum

GreyhoundAlum
  • Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 25 January 2020 - 03:56 PM

Gilman has more height than BL

I’m talking about the games coming up, with teams like MSJ. Gilman had the tallest player, but BL has more overall height. BL is just a superbly coached team, with lights out shooters. If you leave them open, they are pretty much automatic. They probably shot 35 Free Throws against Gilman, and only missed one. Pro teams don’t even do that.

#77 BSLWillieSeanCoughlan

BSLWillieSeanCoughlan

BSL HS Analyst

• Members
  • Pip
  • 676 posts

Posted 25 January 2020 - 07:33 PM

St Frances knocked off Poly, 57-53, in a game that was more frenetic than anything else. Ace Baldwin scored 11 of his 13 points in the final frame for the victors, while Jamal West (15p, 11r) was a force on the boards and defensively, and Khyrie Staten (9p) came up with quite a few key hustle plays. Baldwin also added 8 assists.

Perimeter shooting was all but absent, while anything in the restricted area was for the most part swatted away. The few times an opposing hand didn’t get to the shot, a thundering follow-up dunk often took ook place.

Justin Lewis and Brandon Murray struggled offensively, relatively speaking. Rahim Ali got his hands on many balls defensively, but was limited offensively, until a nice old fashioned ‘and-1’ late, to cut it to 3, but that was as close as the three-time defending champs would get.

Poly never established anything from the three-point line, to open up the lane later. St Frances played solid defense throughout, and that played the vital role in their victory. Baldwin’s three-pointer to open the fourth was his first field goal of the game, but it gave the Panthers a 42-38 lead, and Eastsiders never looked back.
  • BSLChrisStoner likes this
@aka_themamba

#78 85Knight

85Knight

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,389 posts

Posted 28 January 2020 - 09:36 PM

Lake beat City tonight handing them their first loss of the season, 49-44. City had a lead going into the 4th qtr but went ice cold and Lake capitalized. I knew this would be a tough game because you should never underestimate a Tree coached team.

#79 BSLWillieSeanCoughlan

BSLWillieSeanCoughlan

BSL HS Analyst

• Members
  • Pip
  • 676 posts

Posted 29 January 2020 - 09:01 PM

BSL: MIAA’s March to Madness

https://www.baltimor...-march-madness/

• BSLChrisStoner likes this
@aka_themamba

#80 GreyhoundAlum

GreyhoundAlum
  • Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 31 January 2020 - 07:22 PM

So, I just watched the feed of Gilman beating Glenelg Country School and this isn’t about the game. It’s about probably the biggest jerk I have ever seen on a high school basketball court. I have never seen a more arrogant, loudmouth kid in my over 40 years of life and watching basketball than GCS’s Noah Batchelor. It’s was astounding. And the refs warned him multiple times and still didn’t T him up. I have seen, played with and against some seriously trash talking, annoying players. But this kid took the cake. The kid is talented, great size and lights out shooter, but was totally taken out of the game by Gilman’s Jalen Marshall, who was probably 6 inches shorter. I would not be surprised if somebody smacks the hell out of him one day. He was talking to coaches, fans, players, it didn’t matter.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=