#341 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 01 December 2019 - 08:45 PM

Sincerely, I wish you the best.  There just doesn't seem like anyway that it won't be miserable out there tomorrow.  But if the Ravens win, it will at least make it worthwhile for you!

It was nasty, wet and cold.  I have no voice left, but 10-2 makes it worth it

• You Play to Win the Game and NewMarketSean like this
@mikeghg

#342 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,463 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 01 December 2019 - 08:53 PM

Bosa with one tackle. That's it. Wow.

Stanley gonna get paid.

#343 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 01 December 2019 - 08:54 PM

Stanley gonna get paid.

By the Ravens

@mikeghg

#344 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,463 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 01 December 2019 - 08:55 PM

By the Ravens

Yep. Good. He's been amazing.

#345 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,394 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 02 December 2019 - 02:09 AM

Loved that Lamar & Co found a way against a great defense that kept them relatively contained (though the weather probably impacted that). Today shows how far they have come since that playoff game vs LAC.

The defense held up when they had to, but they got gashed bad on the ground, and the tackling was horrid at times. If there is to be a rematch with SF, this unit will have to do better.

I love that between having a QB like Lamar, and Harbaugh having an advanced stats guy that he actually listens to in-game, that the Ravens are finally scoring more TDs than FGs (or so it seems). My gut always told me teams should be thinking 7 on 4th downs more than they do, instead settling for 3. Seems those who crunch the data agree. All that said.....Justin Tucker is still one of the most reliable offensive weapons in the NFL. So as Thanksgiving weekend draws to a close, along with many other things, I am thankful he is a Raven.

• BSLChrisStoner likes this

#346 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,552 posts

Posted 02 December 2019 - 10:20 AM

Props to the dude getting his hussle on by selling beers for $5 on the Hamburg St bridge after the game. Saved me from having to get stuck at a bar after the game and drinking way too much before a drive home. Just one celebratory beer on the way back to the car.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#347 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,704 posts

Posted 02 December 2019 - 10:41 AM

Really glad that Tucker got to go out and make a highly difficult kick to win the game.  I know it's crazy to say, but he had been a little bit off lately.  Fortunately he's the best to ever do it so "a little bit off" was one missed FG, one missed XP, and a couple bank shots over the past 5-6 weeks.  And it all came while we were steamrolling opponents.  But the kick yesterday was the first high pressure attempt he's had in a long time and also came in horrible conditions.  Gotta add at least 5 yards onto that kick for the weather.  And he drilled it, never a doubt once he put his foot on the thing.  I don't think he was ever a concern, but he sort of became a watch item as one of the few things not going perfectly over the recent hot streak, but he's firmly back into the nails, never have to worry about him column.

Koch and the punt coverage team (specifically Moore) also came through with a huge kick.

Nice to see our ST aces staying frosty even when they haven't been necessary over the past month plus.  Them being there when we need them is so huge for the playoff outlook.

• Chris B, Mike B and NewMarketSean like this

#348 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 02 December 2019 - 10:57 AM

Yeah, said it multiple times. 

It's not all one thing.  Jackson off throwing, missed tackles.  The weather impacting both.  Credit to the Niners for being a good team. 

But I think the Ravens would have worked them today on a dry field. 

I think on a dry field, the Ravens take care of them.  I also think if the Ravens go in, on the drive where Lamar was stripped, the game would have gotten away for the 49ers.

Bottom line, we won a dog fight with a team with a 10-1 record, coming in, we now have the best record in football and control our own destiny, for the AFC #1 seed.  My play off money is in, I want to be at the stadium, when the Ravens host the AFC Championship game.

Go Ravens.

@mikeghg

#349 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 04 December 2019 - 04:25 PM

Something we didn't talk about either, but Marcus Peters was pretty bad Sunday. And it felt like the Niners were going at him specifically. I'm interested to watch the trends on that. 

#350 Bmore Irish

Bmore Irish

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 04 December 2019 - 04:31 PM

Something we didn't talk about either, but Marcus Peters was pretty bad Sunday. And it felt like the Niners were going at him specifically. I'm interested to watch the trends on that. 

His reputation as a less than willing tackler proved true that day. Of all teams, San Francisco would be the one to call him on it. The outside zone run is in Kyle Shanahan's blood.

#351 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 04 December 2019 - 04:50 PM

His reputation as a less than willing tackler proved true that day. Of all teams, San Francisco would be the one to call him on it. The outside zone run is in Kyle Shanahan's blood.

Not just as a run defender though. He should have picked the Samuels ball and misplayed a few others. I'm hoping it was the rain. But this is a copycat league. I'm guessing we'll see a few runs to Peters side from Buffalo this week, with some intentionality to test him if they can get there. 

#352 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 04 December 2019 - 05:30 PM

It was talked about a lot in this thread.

#353 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 04 December 2019 - 05:33 PM

It was talked about a lot in this thread.

Eh, post-reading game threads is torture.

I mean wasn't talked about in a moving forward sense after the game, like are other teams going to start attacking Peters now. If you want to quote where you said it yourself, I'd be happy to give it a like. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=