57 replies to this topic

#41 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,408 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 30 December 2019 - 03:40 PM

The start of the Locksley era seems to have an eerie similarity to the start of the Edsall era....an exciting early season victory, followed by a long and often excruciating swoon, then a frenzy of transferring players after the season. Even some players who were starters or getting significant playing time wanting out, which is less common. We knew that many Friedgen holdovers were not pleased with how Edsall handled the transition. I wonder if there was similar discord among the Durkin holdovers, but it was just much more quiet this time around?

Another similarity is that MD landed a huge 5-star WR in the first full recruiting cycles of both the Edsall and Locksley eras.

#42 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,340 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 09 January 2020 - 02:22 PM

Rayshad Lewis will transfer out of the program.

@BSLZackKiesel

#43 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,408 posts

Posted 17 January 2020 - 04:53 PM

They hired George Helow to replace John Papuchis as ST coordinator and ILB coach. Helow was the Safties coach at Colorado St for 4 seasons, and has primarily recruited in Florida. Prior to CSU he worked at Alabama (2012) and FSU (2013) as a grad assistant/intern....both of those teams won national championships.

#44 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,340 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 20 January 2020 - 01:45 PM

In an emotional post on Twitter, RB Lorenzo Harrison III announced he'll be retiring from football. Such an unfortunate end to what was a promising career derailed by a number of serious injuries.

• BSLChrisStoner and Mike B like this
@BSLZackKiesel

#45 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,408 posts

Posted 20 January 2020 - 03:54 PM

In an emotional post on Twitter, RB Lorenzo Harrison III announced he'll be retiring from football. Such an unfortunate end to what was a promising career derailed by a number of serious injuries.

That's a shame, though even before injuries set in he never seemed the same after returning from that BB gun incident.

Football-wise, it leaves an already precariously-thin position group with even fewer known options. The two freshmen better be as good as advertised, because they are probably going to have to shoulder a huge chunk of the workload, with only the oft-injured Jake Funk as the only other scholarship RB left. (who knows WTH is happening with Fleet-Davis?)

#46 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,340 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 20 January 2020 - 04:17 PM

That's a shame, though even before injuries set in he never seemed the same after returning from that BB gun incident.

Football-wise, it leaves an already precariously-thin position group with even fewer known options. The two freshmen better be as good as advertised, because they are probably going to have to shoulder a huge chunk of the workload, with only the oft-injured Jake Funk as the only other scholarship RB left. (who knows WTH is happening with Fleet-Davis?)

Yeah, TFD is the biggest question mark here. He'd be the clear option to start as long as his legal troubles don't stretch into next season. And with Ebony Jackson likely gone due to academic issues, it's Peny Boone and Isaiah Jacobs as freshmen, and neither will be enrolling early.

It sounds like Jordan Castleberry could be a transfer addition from Michigan, but he'd have to sit out a year.

@BSLZackKiesel

#47 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,408 posts

Posted 20 January 2020 - 04:26 PM

I'd say it also puts tremendous expectations on the passing game to improve, as far as finding a competent QB and getting him better protection. The WR corps is where the only proven offensive playmakers reside, not to mention Jarrett...but you have to get the ball in their hands first.

• BSLZackKiesel likes this

#48 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,408 posts

Posted 23 January 2020 - 10:12 PM

Yeah, TFD is the biggest question mark here. He'd be the clear option to start as long as his legal troubles don't stretch into next season. And with Ebony Jackson likely gone due to academic issues, it's Peny Boone and Isaiah Jacobs as freshmen, and neither will be enrolling early.

It sounds like Jordan Castleberry could be a transfer addition from Michigan, but he'd have to sit out a year.

I saw where he's actually eligible now because he was only a preferred walk-on at Michigan.

#49 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,340 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 27 January 2020 - 11:21 AM

QB Max Bortenschlager has entered the transfer portal.

@BSLZackKiesel

#50 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,471 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 27 January 2020 - 11:22 AM

I didn't realize he was still in the program. How old is he? 

#51 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,340 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 27 January 2020 - 11:26 AM

I didn't realize he was still in the program. How old is he? 

He was part of Durkin's 2016 recruiting class, the same class as Tyrrell Pigrome. He's entering his Redshirt Junior season.

• You Play to Win the Game likes this
@BSLZackKiesel

#52 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,627 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 27 January 2020 - 02:11 PM

QB Max Bortenschlager has entered the transfer portal.

I always felt like he was over his head in the B10.  I think he could do well in a lesser conference.

@mikeghg

#53 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,340 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 29 January 2020 - 03:06 PM

Bryce Brand has entered the transfer portal. I had him penciled in as the second-string JACK behind Durell Nchami.

@BSLZackKiesel

#54 glenn__davis

glenn__davis

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,453 posts

Posted 05 February 2020 - 07:22 AM

Looks like Pigrome is planning to transfer as well.  Not a major surprise.  Seems like re-uniting with Walt Bell at UMass would be a perfect fit to me.

https://www.testudot...g-mike-locksley

#55 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,340 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 05 February 2020 - 08:18 AM

Looks like Pigrome is planning to transfer as well.  Not a major surprise.  Seems like re-uniting with Walt Bell at UMass would be a perfect fit to me.

https://www.testudot...g-mike-locksley

Only 3 scholarship quarterbacks left on the roster now, along with 2 walk-ons. And it's Maryland, so I'm sure all 5 will see the field in 2020.

@BSLZackKiesel

#56 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,092 posts

Posted 05 February 2020 - 09:53 AM

I'm puzzled as to why we're seeing guys like Brand, and Pigrome leaving now.... and not immediately after the season ended. 

I sure hope LeGendre is ready to go come August.
And that Josh Jackson looks better.  At-least he has experience, and has had prior success.

#57 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,408 posts

Posted 05 February 2020 - 11:33 AM

I'm puzzled as to why we're seeing guys like Brand, and Pigrome leaving now.... and not immediately after the season ended. 

I sure hope LeGendre is ready to go come August.
And that Josh Jackson looks better.  At-least he has experience, and has had prior success.

Maybe to finish their degrees so they can be eligible to play immediately as grad transfers. 

#58 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,092 posts

Posted 05 February 2020 - 11:40 AM

Maybe to finish their degrees so they can be eligible to play immediately as grad transfers.

But they could have entered the portal at any time right? And wouldn't necessarily had to leave prior to their graduation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=