• Please log in to reply
400 replies to this topic

#1 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,012 posts

Posted 18 November 2019 - 09:26 PM

The Rams are 6-4, winners of 3 of their last 4. 

ESPN: 

The Rams offensive line averaged a pass-block win rate of 53.7 percent through 10 weeks. On Sunday night, against the Bears, their pass-block win rate jumped to 78.6 percent, their best rate of the season, despite relying on three first-year starters and moving Austin Blythe from OG to C.

The Rams ran play action on *47%* of their dropbacks last night. Their average entering the game was 26%. That probably helped with the pass blocking. Since 2017, teams have had a 68% pass block win rate on play action plays, compared to 52% on non-play action.

ESPN's FPI places the Ravens as a 53% favorite. 

Predictions:
https://www.baltimor...ctions-vs-rams/

BSL Preview:

https://www.baltimor...s-monday-night/

#2 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 18 November 2019 - 10:32 PM

It's interesting, the Ravens pass often on play action as well, too, right? I wonder if that helps with the metrics of the Ravens OL, too. 

#3 mdrunning

mdrunning

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 19 November 2019 - 12:25 AM

The Rams offensive line is a mess, particularly in pass protection. Jared Goff is not the same passer when forced off of his spots, and tends to miss throws to open receivers.

Play action takes time to develop, however, and as I said in another thread, the Rams don't have the luxury of facing a quarterback who can't beat them with this harm, such as they did Sunday against Chicago. Two many three-and-outs and they could find themselves trying to dig out of a deep hole in a hurry next Monday.

#4 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 19 November 2019 - 07:40 AM

Yea the Rams Oline, injuries to WRs and them going away from Gurley is killing Goff.

Goff is a good QB but he needs help around him.

They went to Gurley last week... see if they keep that up.

#5 glenn__davis

glenn__davis

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,453 posts

Posted 19 November 2019 - 11:45 AM

Gonna need you all to win this one.  The Vikes are 8-3 and still not all that secure in the NFC.

Thanks.

#6 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 19 November 2019 - 03:22 PM

Gonna need you all to win this one. The Vikes are 8-3 and still not all that secure in the NFC.

Thanks.

That’s a damn good team up there...if Cousins can be good enough in big games.

#7 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 19 November 2019 - 03:33 PM

Pierce may be back for this one. If not, sounds like SF should hapoen

#8 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,180 posts

Posted 19 November 2019 - 07:05 PM

I'm quickly getting to the point where I'm believing the only way the Ravens lose to anyone is if they beat themselves.  If they're playing at peak level, keeping it clean on offense, not sabotaging themselves with insipid, costly penalties or turning the ball over, I doubt anyone can beat them right now.  They're not only taking out quality teams but steamrolling them.  Every week, I keep waiting for that game where they come out and play like crap and cost themselves a game.  It's just the worry wart inside of me.  And every week, they prove me wrong.  One thing is for sure....Wade Phillips isn't going to be getting much sleep this week. 

#9 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,623 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 20 November 2019 - 03:11 PM

I'm quickly getting to the point where I'm believing the only way the Ravens lose to anyone is if they beat themselves.  If they're playing at peak level, keeping it clean on offense, not sabotaging themselves with insipid, costly penalties or turning the ball over, I doubt anyone can beat them right now.  They're not only taking out quality teams but steamrolling them.  Every week, I keep waiting for that game where they come out and play like crap and cost themselves a game.  It's just the worry wart inside of me.  And every week, they prove me wrong.  One thing is for sure....Wade Phillips isn't going to be getting much sleep this week. 

I worry every week, but the best part of the new Ravens, is they take the worry out, of the games, very early.

• NewMarketSean likes this
@mikeghg

#10 JStruds

JStruds

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • LocationHarford County

Posted 20 November 2019 - 05:49 PM

I worry every week, but the best part of the new Ravens, is they take the worry out, of the games, very early.

Excluding Sunday's first quarter and that ugly streak from KC through the ugly wins over Bengals and Steelers, this is spot on. Something very positive changed beginning with the Seahawks game, and there is little reason to believe it cannot continue.

#11 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,623 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 20 November 2019 - 09:27 PM

Excluding Sunday's first quarter and that ugly streak from KC through the ugly wins over Bengals and Steelers, this is spot on. Something very positive changed beginning with the Seahawks game, and there is little reason to believe it cannot continue.

I think the defense is a very different unit then the one that played the first 4 games.  Bynes, Fort, Peters, the return of Jimmy Smith, the inclusion of Chuck Clark, and now Peko and Ellis.  Also, Ferguson and Bowser have stepped up.  Wink deserves much credit for fitting all the new pieces in.

The offense as been pretty good all year.  The highest scoring offense in the NFL and also the youngest

@mikeghg

#12 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,463 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 20 November 2019 - 09:53 PM

Peters:2019 Ravens::Bryant McKinnie:2012 Ravens.
  • SportsGuy likes this

#13 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,463 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 20 November 2019 - 10:17 PM

I think I did that wrong, in my defense, I'm drunk, and also no F's given.

#14 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 21 November 2019 - 05:29 AM

https://www.espn.com...vens-intel-rams

#15 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,552 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 07:18 AM

https://www.espn.com...vens-intel-rams

Good on that dude but if I am a teammate I’m pissed.
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#16 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 21 November 2019 - 07:20 AM

Good on that dude but if I am a teammate I’m pissed.

Maybe...but that’s the type of guy you want to be on your side.

The anti Mike Fiers.

#17 Bmore Irish

Bmore Irish

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 08:22 AM

The Rams offense doesn't really scare me much, especially with Goff playing pretty poorly, and their offensive line struggling most of the year. Hopefully it's another good day for the pass rush.

I am very interested in seeing how they fare against Donald, and what the game plan is to slow him down. I'd imagine they're going to double team him quite often. Run some option plays in his direction. Play action with a TE in to block or chip.

#18 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,012 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 08:34 AM

I'm expecting a fight.  Rams figure to play with some pride. They've been playing better. It's a huge game for them. 

The Ravens have been riding high, wouldn't be shocking if everything wasn't clicking one week. 

What's fun here, is that it's MNF, and the Ravens have a chance to make yet another statement. 

#19 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,463 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 21 November 2019 - 08:49 AM

Hopefully the Rams play with as much pride as they did vs. the Steelers a few weeks ago.
  • Mike in STL likes this

#20 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,012 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 08:55 AM

Hopefully the Rams play with as much pride as they did vs. the Steelers a few weeks ago.

I think they've turned a corner. Won 3 of 4.  New bodies on their O-line. Finally gave Gurley some carries. 

Overall, I see a good not great team...  what ever Gurley has left in those legs is huge for them. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=