#21 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,342 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 13 November 2019 - 07:30 PM

Anyone else find it kinda funny that the premier QB matchup this weekend is against two former ACC foes? Of all the conferences...

#22 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 13 November 2019 - 07:48 PM

Anyone else find it kinda funny that the premier QB matchup this weekend is against two former ACC foes? Of all the conferences...

ACC produces a lot of pro talent.

#23 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 13 November 2019 - 07:49 PM

What’s really funny is what Shannon Sharpe said the other day.

He was like, the best QBs are black and the best RB is white..”what is going on here”!!

Lol
  • You Play to Win the Game and The Epic like this

#24 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,342 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 13 November 2019 - 07:53 PM

No, I get that, but it's crazy to me that with all the SEC, B1G, Big 12 love in college football, arguably the 2 players most important to their teams are ACC QB's.

#25 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,363 posts

Posted 13 November 2019 - 08:33 PM

No, I get that, but it's crazy to me that with all the SEC, B1G, Big 12 love in college football, arguably the 2 players most important to their teams are ACC QB's.

Wilson is from NC State, too. Before his grad year at Wisconsin.

I think it's all likely just an interesting coincidence though rather than some truth about ACC football.
  • You Play to Win the Game likes this

#26 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,680 posts

Posted 13 November 2019 - 08:37 PM

2nd most over last 20 years I believe.

#27 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,342 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 13 November 2019 - 08:38 PM

Wilson is from NC State, too. Before his grad year at Wisconsin.

I think it's all likely just an interesting coincidence though rather than some truth about ACC football.

Phillip Rivers. Jameis Winston (not sure if that helps this point). But yeah, there's been some good ACC QB's.

#28 85Knight

85Knight

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts

Posted 13 November 2019 - 11:00 PM

Also, please please PLEASE have your tickets already in your apple wallet (or whatever the equivalent to the Samsung is).

If you try to get on the network (wifi or data) to access your tickets on the app you might be out of luck.

Very good point but my ticket times out if I don't use it quickly enough (Samsung). You have to time it right because trying to get on the network inside the stadium is impossible. This and purses is what creates that bottle neck at Gate A. I'm getting there early Sunday and I'm bringing my lanyard.

#29 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 14 November 2019 - 07:58 AM

What’s really funny is what Shannon Sharpe said the other day.

He was like, the best QBs are black and the best RB is white..”what is going on here”!!

Lol

Don’t forget receiver. Cooper Kupp had some sick numbers (until he went untargeted last week somehow.
@BSLMikeRandall

#30 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,680 posts

Posted 14 November 2019 - 08:43 AM

Balt Sun: Ravens vs. Texans scouting report for Week 11: Who has the edge?

#31 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 14 November 2019 - 10:33 AM

Tunsil, Gipson, Roby, and Fuller were all limited in practice this week and everyone practiced. I wonder if those plus bye week performances we always see have less to do with preparation and more to do with health, sometimes. Regardless, all those guys missed their last game and I'd expect to see them all on the field this week. 

Without Tunsil, Hyde rolled up 160 yards on 19 carries, so that's going to be something to watch. 

#32 Bmore Irish

Bmore Irish

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 14 November 2019 - 11:08 AM

The Texans are definitely getting healthy at the right time off their bye (or wrong time, depending on your perspective). The secondary was really in shambles, and now it looks like they'll be almost fully healthy. That'll make a big difference for that defense. They were starting guys off the street before, and traded for Conley from Oakland (who's been terrible) out of desperation. The good new is I don't think their secondary is particularly good, even at full strength.

Tunsil back is obviously huge, and now they'll also have their rookie RT who had been playing decently.

#33 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 14 November 2019 - 12:37 PM

Fuller still may not play this week.

#34 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 14 November 2019 - 12:57 PM

The Ravens are in pretty good shape health wise to.  Pierce being out is not good, but nice job gaining depth, with Peko and Ellis.

I think the Ravens are the better team, and they are playing at home.  Can't wait for Sunday...Go Ravens.

@mikeghg

#35 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,455 posts

Posted 14 November 2019 - 04:12 PM

Hollywood DNP today.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#36 JStruds

JStruds

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • LocationHarford County

Posted 14 November 2019 - 06:01 PM

Hollywood DNP today.

Probably just being cautious, and maybe even a little bit of gamesmanship. (I hope!)

#37 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,680 posts

Posted 14 November 2019 - 06:09 PM

SI: The Last Time Lamar Jackson and Deshaun Watson Faced Off on the Football Field
https://www.si.com/n...isville-clemson

#38 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,014 posts

Posted 15 November 2019 - 05:45 AM

Well, the Browns did us a nice favor last night.  Now we jut have to take care of business and lengthen the lead in the North even more. 

#39 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,014 posts

Posted 15 November 2019 - 05:47 AM

Probably just being cautious, and maybe even a little bit of gamesmanship. (I hope!)

Ordinarily, I would agree with that but you know what?  With the three headed monster(tight ends) we've got developing on this team, I almost don't even think about the wide receivers anymore, other than their role in the blocking schemes.  Doesn't seem like Lamar does either. 

#40 JStruds

JStruds

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • LocationHarford County

Posted 15 November 2019 - 07:09 AM

Ordinarily, I would agree with that but you know what?  With the three headed monster(tight ends) we've got developing on this team, I almost don't even think about the wide receivers anymore, other than their role in the blocking schemes.  Doesn't seem like Lamar does either. 

Disclaimer first: Hollywood may very well become the best and most exciting receiver in Ravens history; we've already seen flashes of that, and I'm sure there's more to come. When it does, I'll enjoy it along with everyone else. 

Having said that, I questioned drafting him when we did because of exactly what you just pointed out. I felt like until Lamar became more experienced, this offense could and would thrive on its running game, the TEs, and Willie Snead out of the slot.

The vast improvement by Lamar already may yet make that thought dead wrong this season, but as of right now the WRs appear to be more of an after thought than a primary weapon.  

Added: Just did a quick check with quick math, but I think what I calculated is that 117 of the team's 177 receptions (@66%) have been by TEs, RBs and Snead (19).   

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=