20 replies to this topic

#1 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,426 posts

Posted 06 November 2019 - 10:56 AM

Not sure if this is the best place, but seemed to fit.

I wasn't exactly seeking it out, but I had the Popeye's chicken sandwich last night.  It's not worth the craziness of waiting in line and stabbing people to get it, but it was a really, really good fast food sandwich.  I think it's better than Chick Fil A or Wendy's Spicy Chicken.  It was definitely bigger, we got two  (one spicy, one regular) and one of them was absolutely massive, an entire chicken breast butterflied, battered, and fried.  I think the chicken on the spicy sandwich was the same as the regular, it just came with a spicy sauce on it.

#2 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,295 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 06 November 2019 - 02:32 PM

Agreed that it's better than Chick-Fil-A and Wendy's. It's legit quite good, but of course some restaurants do it better. Ekiben is a good example of that.

#3 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,462 posts

Posted 06 November 2019 - 02:43 PM

Part of me is curious to try it, part of me hates that this is such an in demand thing and people are dying over it.

There is a Popeye's a mile from my house, though, and I am on my own for dinner tonight...

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#4 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 06 November 2019 - 07:12 PM

It's fried chicken. I got an 8 piece of the hot rack at Giant last week and it was freaking delicious. It's not some secret. It's not hard to make. It's not hard to make good. Take the bones out, put it on bread, its still delicious. There are very little things you can do different. It's all good.

Except Hip Hop. There is something funky in their batter. 

@BSLMikeRandall

#5 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 06 November 2019 - 07:56 PM

The idea that it’s “rare” to find is completely stupid.

#6 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 06 November 2019 - 09:48 PM

Part of me is curious to try it, part of me hates that this is such an in demand thing and people are dying over it.

Whoever kills over a chicken sandwich was going to kill over something. Don't blame the sandwich. 

I mean, blame capitalism, if you want to be macro about it. LOL

#7 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,462 posts

Posted 07 November 2019 - 08:59 AM

Whoever kills over a chicken sandwich was going to kill over something. Don't blame the sandwich. 

I just can't get caught up in all the hype.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#8 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,426 posts

Posted 07 November 2019 - 09:01 AM

I just can't get caught up in all the hype.

The hype is stupid, agreed.  The sandwich is very good.

#9 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,295 posts

Posted 07 November 2019 - 01:00 PM

It was a fun topic to read about, discuss, and experience. Obviously not a big deal, but a nice distraction from some other stuff going on.

#10 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,373 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 07 November 2019 - 01:08 PM

Right? Years ago it was over Jordans and Starter Jackets. Opportunity presented and something bad happened. That's how the world works. Technically the stabbing was over cutting in line, not like he got the last sammich and some dude wanted it. Ego. Taking something someone perceives as theirs (like a spot in line). Always dangerous.

@JeremyMStrain

#11 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,717 posts

Posted 24 April 2021 - 09:48 AM

The Takeout: Our fast food chicken sandwich rankings, so far

Assume they'll get to Wendy's and CFA.

#12 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,295 posts

Posted 24 April 2021 - 09:57 AM

Popeyes is the correct answer imo.

#13 Mashed Potatoes

Mashed Potatoes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts

Posted 24 April 2021 - 12:22 PM

Popeyes is the correct answer imo.

Easily, but Wendy's is a clear #2 in my book (I admittedly haven't tried BK's new spicy chicken sandwich).

@DaKittenz

#14 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,462 posts

Posted 24 April 2021 - 06:49 PM

RoFo beats them all.

#15 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,498 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 24 April 2021 - 10:41 PM

First and only time I tried the Popeyes chicken sandwich it gave me food poisoning and I thought I was going to die. Never again.

#16 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,426 posts

Posted 25 April 2021 - 07:50 AM

First and only time I tried the Popeyes chicken sandwich it gave me food poisoning and I thought I was going to die. Never again.

This thread is more focused on taste
  • glenn__davis, The Epic, BobPhelan and 2 others like this

#17 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,498 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 25 April 2021 - 08:25 AM

This thread is more focused on taste

Tasted weird but I ate the whole thing thinking it must just be how they taste. That’s on me.

My favorite is the chick-fil-a spicy deluxe.

#18 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 27 April 2021 - 03:15 PM

BTW I know this has nothing to do with the story here but my GOODNESS Hip Hop Chicken is amazing.

• Mashed Potatoes and Old Man like this

#19 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,462 posts

Posted 28 April 2021 - 07:01 AM

BTW I know this has nothing to do with the story here but my GOODNESS Hip Hop Chicken is amazing.

Never tried it, that will change soon.

#20 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 28 April 2021 - 02:44 PM

Right? Years ago it was over Jordans and Starter Jackets. Opportunity presented and something bad happened. That's how the world works. Technically the stabbing was over cutting in line, not like he got the last sammich and some dude wanted it. Ego. Taking something someone perceives as theirs (like a spot in line). Always dangerous.

I think tempers are shorter now than ever before growing up. Maybe it was as bad, but we didnt have social media to instantly broadcast out the news.

We had road rage incidents, but back in the day, you got the middle digit and a loud horn blast.

The days, they try to run you off the road, brake check you, or just pull out a gun and shoot you.

I mean, a manger at a Dollar General gets killed, just because she asked the shopper coming into the store, to wear their mask as required by state law.

You cant even turn on the nightly news without them talking about innocent people being shot down daily in the state.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=