• Please log in to reply
193 replies to this topic

#1 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,027 posts

Posted 05 November 2019 - 03:16 PM

The 6-2 Ravens head to Cincinnati to face the 0-8 Bengals. 

The Ravens beat the Bengals 23-17 in Baltimore October 13th. 

https://www.espn.com...ameId/401128105

#2 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 05 November 2019 - 04:36 PM

Can’t overstate how scary this game is.

This is an easy game for the team to overlook.

Hope they don’t.

#3 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,553 posts

Posted 05 November 2019 - 04:40 PM

Can’t overstate how scary this game is.

This is an easy game for the team to overlook.

Hope they don’t.

If Dalton was starting this game, with AJ Green coming back, I'd agree with you.

With "Ryan Finley" starting I am not worried about this game at all.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#4 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 05 November 2019 - 04:48 PM

If Dalton was starting this game, with AJ Green coming back, I'd agree with you.

The Bengals are getting a lot of players back, but I think the Ravens take care of business on Sunday.  I think it is going to be closer than anyone will like, but I think the Ravens are getting better each week.

@mikeghg

#5 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,553 posts

Posted 05 November 2019 - 04:49 PM

The Bengals are getting a lot of players back, but I think the Ravens take care of business on Sunday.  I think it is going to be closer than anyone will like, but I think the Ravens are getting better each week.

Especially on defense.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#6 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,183 posts

Posted 05 November 2019 - 07:11 PM

Bengals/Ravens games are always close for the most part, regardless of any discrepancy in talent.  This game will not be a blow out and I just hope they don't sleep walk through the first part of the game coming off the Patriot win.  It's got all the makings of a "let down" game but if there's one person who won't let that happen, it's Lamar Jackson.  So, while I do think the Ravens win and play well, it shouldn't be more than a 10 point difference.  The only way this game gets out of hand is if Cincinnati turns the ball over a few times and the Ravens convert them into points. 

#7 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,234 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 05 November 2019 - 07:41 PM

Anyone going to the game?

#8 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 05 November 2019 - 07:47 PM

Finley has a lot of upside and him starting is precisely why I’m worried about the Ravens overlooking them. Between them being winless and starting a rookie QB (someone with zero pro tape in the regular season), I worry about them overlooking the game.

To be fair, I’m not saying they will do this but this is the exact definition of a trap game and I think you always worry about those types of games, especially games in the division.
  • mdrunning likes this

#9 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 05 November 2019 - 10:44 PM

Finley has a lot of upside and him starting is precisely why I’m worried about the Ravens overlooking them. Between them being winless and starting a rookie QB (someone with zero pro tape in the regular season), I worry about them overlooking the game.

To be fair, I’m not saying they will do this but this is the exact definition of a trap game and I think you always worry about those types of games, especially games in the division.

A rookie QB in his first start against a division rival at home mid-way through the season?

I saw this last year, and it didn't work out too well for the road team. But they don't have Marlon Humphrey to make the game-winning INT.

#10 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 06 November 2019 - 01:06 AM

There's a difference between scary and a trap game.

The last two games were scary, two top 5-7 teams in the league, one on the road in one of the hardest stadiums to play in. This is a game to not take for granted. But the line is -10 on the road for a reason. 

#11 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 06 November 2019 - 06:37 AM

There's a difference between scary and a trap game.

The last two games were scary, two top 5-7 teams in the league, one on the road in one of the hardest stadiums to play in. This is a game to not take for granted. But the line is -10 on the road for a reason. 

Different type of scary.

Those teams are scary because they are really good but you know the Ravens won’t look past them.

This game is scary because it’s so easy to look past them, especially coming off the high of the Pats game and knowing you have Houston, LAR, Buffalo and SF coming up.

#12 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,553 posts

Posted 06 November 2019 - 08:10 AM

Anyone going to the game?

I would go but we've been so busy lately I can't swing it. I've been  before, it's not a bad roadie and the downtown/waterfront area is a nice place to spend a day.

• Chris B likes this

#13 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,553 posts

Posted 06 November 2019 - 08:14 AM

Just have to run the ball. They're 32nd defense against the rush. We're #2. The only way we lose this game is by committing 3 turnovers that lead to them scoring 17 points.

#14 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 06 November 2019 - 11:03 AM

Different type of scary.

Those teams are scary because they are really good but you know the Ravens won’t look past them.

This game is scary because it’s so easy to look past them, especially coming off the high of the Pats game and knowing you have Houston, LAR, Buffalo and SF coming up.

We can play semantics if you want. Your "different scary" is just the definition of a trap game. To me trap games aren't scary you just have to be mentally sound.

And I've said it for a while, this team will lose a game that we definitely should lose at some point, so maybe that's this one. This is the NFL. The Dolphins won. Beating a Jets team that just beat the Cowboys. If any team can win any week is scary to you, all NFL games should be scary. 

And my assessment of your perspective is that you didn't think this team could win at Seattle or vs New England if you didn't see it first. So you calling this game scary seems to be another extension of the same misgivings you have about this team (which, is totally fair and reasonable). 

And my assessment of my perspective has been pretty rose colored so far. You could say I'm more optimistic than others and that I should be more scared of this game. I liked the Ravens to crush an overrated Pats team that I saw on tape.

The Ravens have a habit of letting games stay close that shouldn't be. AJ Green is just coming back. They are off the bye week. But this line is -10 for a reason. This Bengals team is not very good...

#15 85Knight

85Knight

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,382 posts

Posted 06 November 2019 - 11:11 AM

We can play semantics if you want. Your "different scary" is just the definition of a trap game. To me trap games aren't scary you just have to be mentally sound.

And I've said it for a while, this team will lose a game that we definitely should lose at some point, so maybe that's this one. This is the NFL. The Dolphins won. Beating a Jets team that just beat the Cowboys. If any team can win any week is scary to you, all NFL games should be scary.

And my assessment of your perspective is that you didn't think this team could win at Seattle or vs New England if you didn't see it first. So you calling this game scary seems to be another extension of the same misgivings you have about this team (which, is totally fair and reasonable).

And my assessment of my perspective has been pretty rose colored so far. You could say I'm more optimistic than others and that I should be more scared of this game. I liked the Ravens to crush an overrated Pats team that I saw on tape.

The Ravens have a habit of letting games stay close that shouldn't be. AJ Green is just coming back. They are off the bye week. But this line is -10 for a reason. This Bengals team is not very good...

This game isn't scary and I wouldn't even call it a trap game. It would be a trap game if we played New England next and we were looking ahead. This is a division game against a team that usually plays us tough. That's enough motivation for the team and for Harbaugh to get them focused. This is the NFL and anything can happen but this is a bad team we should handle pretty easily. Not my definition of a trap or scary game.

#16 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,712 posts

Posted 06 November 2019 - 11:39 AM

If this game is scary then every road game the team has ever played is scary.

Debatable whether this week or @Miami week one was less formidable, but either way, both are the absolute easiest types of road games the NFL can offer.  It's not possible to have an easier game unless you're facing the same type of opponent at home.

#17 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,553 posts

Posted 06 November 2019 - 03:22 PM

Green didnt't finish practice today and went to get treatment. He's listed as questionable but I'll be surprised if he plays.

#18 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 06 November 2019 - 05:54 PM

Green didnt't finish practice today and went to get treatment. He's listed as questionable but I'll be surprised if he plays.

They should just shut him down. What’s the point?

#TankforTua
@BSLMikeRandall

#19 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 06 November 2019 - 06:08 PM

If Green doesn't play, that'd be fantastic. Wow. 

#20 JStruds

JStruds

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • LocationHarford County

Posted 06 November 2019 - 06:27 PM

2d paragraph. You meant shouldn't, right?

Hopefully, we look back and that game was at home against the Browns.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=