#41 85Knight

85Knight

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,382 posts

Posted 30 October 2019 - 12:24 AM

https://www.google.c...23EAEAEA&sr=amp

This will be an interesting matchup to say the least. Hopefully we learned from that Chiefs game and just do what we do best. Even though a lot of the attention is focused on Lamar I think we should give them a heavy dose of Ingram and Edwards with some Hill sprinkled in. Let's not get too cute and see what their defense is really made of.

#42 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,263 posts

Posted 30 October 2019 - 05:36 PM

Well I'll say this, the Pats offense hasn't exactly set the world on fire.

To be fair, neither has the Ravens defense this year.

Even at home, I'm not expecting a win this week. I'll be cheering for one, but I'm not expecting it. That defense is really good. And I fully expect some oddball gameplan from Belichick, something like having Gilmore shadow Mark Andrews, knowing that's Lamars go to guy.

#43 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,538 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 30 October 2019 - 06:34 PM

How does the secondary work with Jimmy coming back?

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#44 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,553 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 30 October 2019 - 06:41 PM

To be fair, neither has the Ravens defense this year.

Even at home, I'm not expecting a win this week. I'll be cheering for one, but I'm not expecting it. That defense is really good. And I fully expect some oddball gameplan from Belichick, something like having Gilmore shadow Mark Andrews, knowing that's Lamars go to guy.

Belichick's done this before.  He put Gilmore on Travis Kelce in the AFC championship game.  Kelce ended up 3 for 23 with a TD, on 5 targets.  If they do this, I'd like to think that Hollywood and Snead can run all over the #2 and #3 DBs, but I guess you never know.  Hollywood coming off injury is the big question mark.  I would think that if he's impacting the game, then the game's done because the Pats don't have enough players on the field to cover all the Ravens' weapons.

#45 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 30 October 2019 - 06:50 PM

How does the secondary work with Jimmy coming back?

I think Marlon moves to slot, would anyway with Edelman, and will when they play Kupp and the Rams. Like he did against Lockett two weeks ago. Carr becomes rotational, but his versatility keeps him valuable.

Peters 100% isn’t a nickel back. Jimmy played 23 snaps there last year, 13 the year before.
@BSLMikeRandall

#46 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,027 posts

Posted 31 October 2019 - 09:40 AM

New England plays a lot of man defense this year, which Jackson can exploit. 

Do you expect one of the Patriots adjustments to be using more zone than typical?

#47 Bmore Irish

Bmore Irish

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 31 October 2019 - 10:27 AM

Belichick's done this before.  He put Gilmore on Travis Kelce in the AFC championship game.  Kelce ended up 3 for 23 with a TD, on 5 targets.  If they do this, I'd like to think that Hollywood and Snead can run all over the #2 and #3 DBs, but I guess you never know.  Hollywood coming off injury is the big question mark.  I would think that if he's impacting the game, then the game's done because the Pats don't have enough players on the field to cover all the Ravens' weapons.

Hopefully Hollywood and Andrews can be difference makers, but I wouldn't expect any of the other Ravens receivers to regularly get open against what has been a very, very good Patriots secondary. Whichever one Gilmore is locking down, assuming he follows somebody, the pressure is going to be on the other.

The good news is, the amount of man coverage and zero blitzes the Patriots run certainly leave them susceptible to the big play. I do wonder whether they'll tone that down some, since Lamar could really gash them with even a sliver of an opening, or if Brown gets just a step on his defender.

#48 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,263 posts

Posted 31 October 2019 - 10:51 AM

Hopefully Hollywood and Andrews can be difference makers, but I wouldn't expect any of the other Ravens receivers to regularly get open against what has been a very, very good Patriots secondary. Whichever one Gilmore is locking down, assuming he follows somebody, the pressure is going to be on the other.

The good news is, the amount of man coverage and zero blitzes the Patriots run certainly leave them susceptible to the big play. I do wonder whether they'll tone that down some, since Lamar could really gash them with even a sliver of an opening, or if Brown gets just a step on his defender.

I could see Belichick widening his blitzes from the outside to funnel Lamar inside, and running double A gap blitzes at the same time. Ravens hopefully worked on some hot routes and go to the short passing game more. Get Brown running on some quick slants behind the blitzes. Hit him in stride against a zero blitz and he can take it to the house.

#49 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 01 November 2019 - 09:27 AM

https://www.espn.com...cs-best-rivalry

#50 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 01 November 2019 - 09:38 AM

Don’t overthink this week.

Do what you do best.

#51 GabeFerguson

GabeFerguson

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,798 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 01 November 2019 - 09:59 AM

This game is going to be all about Lamar and how he handles a defense that is going to do everything they can to confuse him.

I expect a lot of disguised looks from the Pats. They are going to try to make Lamar take a split second longer to process.

Now the Ravens can counter this in some ways by how they design the offense. Play with tempo, dont sub as frequently. Give Lamar simple reads and lean on the power run game.

I really think this game comes down to coaching and execution. The talent gap really isnt huge.
@gabefergy

#52 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 01 November 2019 - 01:33 PM

Be interesting to see if the whole narrative about Peters being too aggressive is something Brady tries to exploit.

#53 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,263 posts

Posted 01 November 2019 - 02:33 PM

Be interesting to see if the whole narrative about Peters being too aggressive is something Brady tries to exploit.

I'd think you see a few pump fakes and double moves his way for sure. Peters will bite.

#54 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 02 November 2019 - 06:35 PM

Pats activated Harry, their first round pick WR, off of IR.

Lots of upside for him but obviously, he hasn’t played all year. Still, you have to worry about his big play ability.

#55 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,027 posts

Posted 03 November 2019 - 10:30 AM

The latest from Jordan... 

What The Ravens Should Take Away From How New England Defended Buffalo

#56 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,465 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 03 November 2019 - 04:11 PM

I've gotta leave my house at 2:30 tomorrow morning to head to BWI for my flight to Miami. Praying my 2 hours of sleep will be worth it.

#57 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,356 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 03 November 2019 - 04:13 PM

Probably nothing surprising, but we've seen a lot of Patriots fans in Baltimore this weekend.

#58 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 03 November 2019 - 07:59 PM

Jeff Z:

Brandon Carr lining up at safety quite a bit in warmups. Ravens will try and find ways to get their top 4 CBs (Humphrey, Peters, J.Smith and Carr) on the field at the same time. Using Carr at safety is one way to do it.

Also, Brown is active.

#59 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,027 posts

Posted 03 November 2019 - 08:09 PM

ESPN: 

Patriots kicker Nick Folk's pre-game workout is complete and it gave a good sense of his range. Folk missed all three of his attempts from a long of 53 yards. He was charted at 8-of-11 overall, with all three misses from 53 yards. Meanwhile, Ravens kicker Justin Tucker was good from a long of 57, and it looked like it might have been good from 67.

#60 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,798 posts

Posted 03 November 2019 - 08:11 PM

Every home team today won.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=