9 replies to this topic

#1 Mark Carver

Mark Carver

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,598 posts

Posted 15 October 2019 - 08:29 AM

This time of the year we get to see what creative can do with pumpkin spice. Besides the usual in coffee (which I have never drank) or donut flavored. What have I seen and will not try. Pumpkin flavor mayonnaise, Kerr's potato chip Pumpkin Spice Balls, A-Treat Soda (a Lehigh Valley PA soda company) Pumpkin Cream soda. And who do we have to blame for the soda. The company's GM girlfriend. "She's a big fan of pumpkin spice" as per the GM.

And...

Over 20 pumpkin spice-flavored foods to try this fall

https://www.aol.com/...rCtQIka4I7DaY1Y

Pumpkin butter! :shock:

John Keegan, a renowned British military historian, has called World War II the greatest single event in the history of mankind. - Tom Brokaw, NBC special correspondent and author of "The Greatest Generation"

#2 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,652 posts

Posted 15 October 2019 - 08:36 AM

I like pumpkin flavored things but not really into pumpkin spice (nutmeg and cinnamon) flavored things.  Beers are the toughest, I really enjoy a lot of the pumpkin beers out there but there are just as many that are overwhelming with the spice that I do not like so much.  And with few exceptions, I have a really hard time remembering which pumpkin varietals I like and which I don't.  So it's usually a gamble on every 6-pack.

Pumpkin bread or muffins with raisins is my favorite thing to eat this time of year.

I also like making pasta with pumpkin, either raviolli with pumpkin filling or gnocchi with pumpkin in place of the potato or ricotta.

#3 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,539 posts

Posted 15 October 2019 - 08:39 AM

Had pumpkin gnocci over the weekend. Starbucks makes a decent pumpkin spice creamer thats not too high in sugar that is good in coffee. I enjoy the occasional pumpkin beer but not too many...had a keg of Pumking last year that made me gain 10 lbs.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#4 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 15 October 2019 - 11:08 AM

Pumpkin pie. Can’t we just leave it at that?
  • Mark Carver likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#5 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 16 October 2019 - 05:41 PM

One off the only things my wife can cook/bake that tastes good is pumpkin bread.  Its pretty awesome.

#6 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,539 posts

Posted 17 October 2019 - 02:24 PM

Gonna pick up some Great'er Pumpkin by Heavy Seas on the way home. Haven't had many fall beers this year. Been slacking.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#7 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 17 October 2019 - 02:26 PM

Gonna pick up some Great'er Pumpkin by Heavy Seas on the way home. Haven't had many fall beers this year. Been slacking.

Haven't had that one.

The Flyin Dog  one is really good.

#8 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,539 posts

Posted 17 October 2019 - 02:29 PM

Haven't had that one.

The Flyin Dog  one is really good.

The Fear? Been a while since I've had that.

#9 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 17 October 2019 - 02:31 PM

The Fear? Been a while since I've had that.

Yep...this was the first year I have had it. Really liked it.

Not a huge pumpkin beer fan overall but like that one.

#10 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,539 posts

Posted 17 October 2019 - 03:42 PM

My store was out of the Heavy Seas Pumpkin so I got Weyerbacher instead.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=