• Administrators
  • 155,717 posts

Posted 14 October 2019 - 02:24 PM

Seattle is 5-1. 

Wins: Cincinnati, @Pittsburgh, @Cardinals, Rams, @Browns
Loss: Saints

ESPN: Wilson overtakes Mahomes as MVP betting fave

ESPN: 'Turnover Thursday' carries over for Seahawks, keys 5-1 start

ESPN: As easy as it is to second-guess in hindsight the Seahawks' decision to pass on Nick Chubb last year in favor of Rashaad Penny, consider this: Chubb might not be starting for Seattle either with the way Chris Carson is playing. With Penny sidelined again, Carson hit triple-digits for the third week in a row with 124 yards and a touchdown on 24 carries. He caught four passes for 35 yards. Said Pete Carroll: "The last few weeks, he's just been on fire. He's just so tough. I love the way he plays."

#2 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 14 October 2019 - 02:34 PM

Duane Brown, their starting LT, apparently could miss the game.  

Like the Ravens, their wins aren't overly impressive.  Even the LA win was at home on a Thursday night, which is always a disadvantage for the road team.

Good team and Wilson is an elite top 5 QB in the league.

#3 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 14 October 2019 - 02:45 PM

https://twitter.com/...2165235712?s=20

#4 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,717 posts

Posted 16 October 2019 - 07:26 PM

Balt Ravens.com: Who’s Practicing, Who’s Not vs. Seahawks
https://www.baltimor...ZwTufbB523AZl44

#5 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 16 October 2019 - 08:49 PM

Balt Ravens.com: Who’s Practicing, Who’s Not vs. Seahawks
https://www.baltimor...ZwTufbB523AZl44

Stanley is a real concern.  Ronnie has been very good so far this year.  We really need him to play Sunday.

@mikeghg

#6 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,255 posts

Posted 17 October 2019 - 08:59 AM

Stanley is a real concern. Ronnie has been very good so far this year. We really need him to play Sunday.

Stanley has been better than good. He's been one of the best LTs all season. Losing him would hurt, a lot.

#7 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,686 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 17 October 2019 - 09:31 AM

I'm guessing we won't see Jimmy Smith this week?  It's good to see him practicing and it would certainly help to have him back but with the bye coming up it seems like the smart thing to do is keep him out and give him two more weeks to get ready.

#8 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 17 October 2019 - 09:59 AM

Stanley is a real concern.  Ronnie has been very good so far this year.  We really need him to play Sunday.

Harbaugh said yesterday that he is should play.

#9 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 17 October 2019 - 10:00 AM

I'm guessing we won't see Jimmy Smith this week?  It's good to see him practicing and it would certainly help to have him back but with the bye coming up it seems like the smart thing to do is keep him out and give him two more weeks to get ready.

Can't see him playing.  Had he practiced last week, I think he would have.

#10 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 17 October 2019 - 10:36 AM

I have thought since games 2 and 3, that the goal  for Jimmy was New England after the bye.  I think this week, is about getting his legs built back up.   I am sure, the team will be off next week, but Jimmy will probably be doing strength and conditioning work.

@mikeghg

#11 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 17 October 2019 - 12:49 PM

Stanley practiced today.

Brown didn't...I don't get why he hurt his ankle and was put back in the game but now he is looking at missing 2 straight games since then?

#12 GabeFerguson

GabeFerguson

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,798 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 17 October 2019 - 12:50 PM

Peanut and Hollwood not practicing, seems unlikely they will play unless they get in there tomorrow

@gabefergy

#13 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,426 posts

Posted 17 October 2019 - 01:35 PM

Brown didn't...I don't get why he hurt his ankle and was put back in the game but now he is looking at missing 2 straight games since then?

This sounds not so atypical for an ankle injury to me.  When you suffer the injury, it hurts, but if you don't take your shoe off there is no room for it to swell and you can still move around on it a bit.  But as soon as you decompress it, it swells up like a balloon and gets super tender.  I'm thinking and reflecting on wearing basketball high tops or baseball cleats and having an ankle go out, football cleats have even more bracing and protection going up over the ankle and onto the lower shin.

Another possibility, unrelated to the above, is that maybe after gameday there was time for more conservative heads to get their opinions in and have more influence on the decision than the player insisting to everyone who'll listen during a game that he's ok to go back in.  You can do a lot more assessment during the week than you can on the fly on the sidelines or even in the locker room.  Maybe Brown is very tough and wanted to play, and was able to talk them into it during the game but when they got ore time and opportunity to assess, they were able to decide to protect him from himself.

#14 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 17 October 2019 - 01:49 PM

This sounds not so atypical for an ankle injury to me.  When you suffer the injury, it hurts, but if you don't take your shoe off there is no room for it to swell and you can still move around on it a bit.  But as soon as you decompress it, it swells up like a balloon and gets super tender.  I'm thinking and reflecting on wearing basketball high tops or baseball cleats and having an ankle go out, football cleats have even more bracing and protection going up over the ankle and onto the lower shin.

Another possibility, unrelated to the above, is that maybe after gameday there was time for more conservative heads to get their opinions in and have more influence on the decision than the player insisting to everyone who'll listen during a game that he's ok to go back in.  You can do a lot more assessment during the week than you can on the fly on the sidelines or even in the locker room.  Maybe Brown is very tough and wanted to play, and was able to talk them into it during the game but when they got ore time and opportunity to assess, they were able to decide to protect him from himself.

This is all reasonable.

But he looked pretty bad when it happened and they ended up sending him back out there.

Did he did any more damage? 

End of the day, I am just happy it wasn't a re-aggravation of his lisfranc but still, sucks to not have him out there and you wonder if he could have been if he didn't go back in.

#15 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 17 October 2019 - 08:32 PM

Ravens like to blitz:

https://twitter.com/...4535304192?s=21

#16 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,717 posts

Posted 18 October 2019 - 09:42 AM

Balt Ravens.com: Late for Work 10/18: Predictions for Ravens vs. Seahawks
https://www.baltimor...ens-vs-seahawks

#17 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 18 October 2019 - 10:53 AM

Ravens like to blitz:

https://twitter.com/...4535304192?s=21

I wish they would show blitz more and actually blitz less. I think it'd make it more effective. Cinic was consistently dropping 6 or 7 guys into pass block. It doesn't often matter how many guys you send that's going to be hard to get home. Alternately, if you drop 7 or 8 guys on those plays it's almost impossible to complete a pass. 

#18 GabeFerguson

GabeFerguson

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,798 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 18 October 2019 - 01:30 PM

Duane Brown still not practicing, seems likely he probably won't play. 

I am wondering if this is the game where the Ravens pass-rush could be a difference maker. 

Wilson has been sacked a lot and taken a number of hits too. Really makes his incredible play that much more impressive.

@gabefergy

#19 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 18 October 2019 - 04:10 PM

Secondary is going to be an issue.

Sounds like Smith isn’t quite ready and Canady is probably out. Averett also missed practice today and is hurt.

Peters will likely have to play a lot this week, which isn’t optimal.

Not what you want to hear going into a game vs Wilson.

#20 GabeFerguson

GabeFerguson

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,798 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 18 October 2019 - 10:01 PM

We'll have to see how it plays out, but simplifying things and letting your playmakers go make plays could work out in a game like this.

There has been a lot of over-thinking imo. I want to see a lot of 3 or 4 man rushes with good coverage behind it.
@gabefergy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=