• Please log in to reply
208 replies to this topic

#101 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,377 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 25 February 2021 - 01:07 PM

That was unexpected. Thought he was a pretty big (no pun intended) ambassador for WWE.

He was but was super offended the way they used him at night of legends and the Randy Orton stuff.
  • Mike in STL likes this
@JeremyMStrain

#102 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 25 February 2021 - 01:48 PM

He was but was super offended the way they used him at night of legends and the Randy Orton stuff.

I missed all that. What happened?

@BSLMikeRandall

#103 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,377 posts

Posted 25 February 2021 - 02:15 PM

I missed all that. What happened?

https://youtu.be/KWxrPh_1jh8

Basically, they were saying his career was done, and Orton ended it even though they were in contract negotiations. They pretty much used this as their way to say negotiations are over, no thanks without actually saying anything to him.

• Mike B and Mike in STL like this
@JeremyMStrain

#104 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 25 February 2021 - 02:16 PM

I think you are right.  His last on air, he made some comment that he could still wrestle and compete anywhere.  I expected him to confront Orton later and he never did.  It seems now, he was making a statement.   

The concern I would have, is that on a roster that really does not have any comparable size, and is made up of the smaller, more athletic guys, does Show have a place??  

I guess he could feud with Rowan, but Rowan sucks.

@mikeghg

#105 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,377 posts

Posted 25 February 2021 - 02:27 PM

I think you are right.  His last on air, he made some comment that he could still wrestle and compete anywhere.  I expected him to confront Orton later and he never did.  It seems now, he was making a statement.   

The concern I would have, is that on a roster that really does not have any comparable size, and is made up of the smaller, more athletic guys, does Show have a place??  

I guess he could feud with Rowan, but Rowan sucks.

I think he thought his contract getting done was a formality, and they were basically used him for this segment, and then ghosted him.

He had a really good run for a while in WCW where he was working with cruiserweight guys, like a David and Goliath kinda thing, but he was so agile back then he could keep from looking like a lumbering idiot out there. Because the AEW are bigger than the old school Cruiser guys, I'd bet he could be pretty believable, little slower, but still with a power advantage. They could use him for one of those unstoppable force kinda runs, but I hear he's going to do a lot of announcing with some limited in ring stuff.

• Mike B likes this
@JeremyMStrain

#106 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 25 February 2021 - 02:33 PM

The strange thing is, Show and Vince have gotten along great over the years.  I think Show is basically done as an in-ring performer, but with all the horrible broadcast talent the WWE has, it is surprising they did not give Show a chance.

@mikeghg

#107 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 09 March 2021 - 08:58 AM

Revolution was a good show, with a huge let down, most likely botched end. AEW seems to only shoot themselves in the foot on the PPVs.

Christian is the newest member of AEW.

Sting/Allin vs. Cage/Starks was a theatrical match. The “street fight” took place in an abandoned warehouse and was match of the night for me. Allin is crazy and I don’t think there is a bump he won’t take. Sting looked great for 61 years old. Brian Cage showed off his massive strength. At one point he carried Allin in a vertical suplex position up a flight of stairs. Allin is a smaller dude, but still.

Omega vs. Moxley in an “exploding barbed wire death match”. Man. It takes a special person to keep putting their body through this stuff. I didn’t know what to expect, thought it would be overhyped. But it was a good match that exceed my expectations...until the post match antics. The rope explosions were legit. The land mines outside under the barb wire boards, not so much. They only hit those once. But the rope ones, Omega went face first into a flash bang and immediately cried out for water and the ref had to wash his eyes out immediately. No water to wash the blood out of Mox’s eyes as he was in a crimson mask for 90% of the match though. Omega landed his finisher which no one has kicked out of, but creatively Mox got his foot on the rope triggering another flash bang to the face of Omega. Great use of the gimmick. The Good Brothers came out and so Omega didn’t win clean. Mox took a barbed wire bat to the chest that also exploded on impact. Another great use of the gimmick. The other rule was after 30 minutes the ring would explode. Figured the whole time this is how Mox goes on hiatus as a soon to be father. He “dies” in an explosion, and takes a few months off. He was handcuffed in the middle of the ring as the timer was winding down. Omega and crew fled and Eddie Kingston stormed in and laid over Mox as if he was taking a grenade for him. The “exploding ring” was sparklers coming out of the posts, and one flash bang went off. Chorus of boos ensued. Announcers went on as if the ring was destroyed. Kingston had to lie there like he was dead even though nothing happened.

I’d love to know what was supposed to happen. And I don’t know how they frame this going forward. If Mox is actually taking hiatus, maybe it just isn’t mentioned ever again.
@BSLMikeRandall

#108 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 09 March 2021 - 10:41 AM

I think Christian had to be a little let down.  I suspected it might be him , when they said HOF quality, which he is.  He has kind of campaigned for the HOF on Talking Smack and some of the WM events they do.  

Twitter was going nuts, with talk of Cena, Angle, Lesnar and Punk.  Christian is good but not in that caliber.

• Mike in STL likes this
@mikeghg

#109 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 09 March 2021 - 10:57 AM

It sounds like Big Show and Vince parted amicably.  Supposedly, Vince called Show and wished him well.  Also, they are going to continue to work together on the Special Olympics charity that Show is very involved in.

Vince certainly can be an ass, but at times shows a heart.  

@mikeghg

#110 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 09 March 2021 - 10:58 AM

I think Christian had to be a little let down. I suspected it might be him , when they said HOF quality, which he is. He has kind of campaigned for the HOF on Talking Smack and some of the WM events they do.
Twitter was going nuts, with talk of Cena, Angle, Lesnar and Punk. Christian is good but not in that caliber.

Yeah, he never moved the needle much for me. Around when Edge hit his peak I was checking out of wrestling. As a tag team, there were better ones at the time. Hardys, Dudleys, New Age Outlaws. Rock and Sock connection. Lol.

He’s also going by Christian Cage. There is already a Brian Cage. There is also Orange Cassidy and a not related Isaiah Cassidy. Seems odd that they would have guys with the same last name, no relation, when guys go by fake names anyway. WWE would never allow that I think.
@BSLMikeRandall

#111 glenn__davis

glenn__davis

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,453 posts

Posted 10 March 2021 - 12:10 PM

Yeah, he never moved the needle much for me. Around when Edge hit his peak I was checking out of wrestling. As a tag team, there were better ones at the time. Hardys, Dudleys, New Age Outlaws. Rock and Sock connection. Lol.

He’s also going by Christian Cage. There is already a Brian Cage. There is also Orange Cassidy and a not related Isaiah Cassidy. Seems odd that they would have guys with the same last name, no relation, when guys go by fake names anyway. WWE would never allow that I think.

They also just debuted Ethan Page when they have Hangman Page and Diamond Dallas Page makes occasional appearances.

Maybe they can make a Page/Cage faction.

• Mike in STL likes this

#112 glenn__davis

glenn__davis

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,453 posts

Posted 10 March 2021 - 12:12 PM

I just read about the ending to Revolution.  Man, what a screw-up.  I wonder what exactly was supposed to happen?

#113 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 10 March 2021 - 01:47 PM

They also just debuted Ethan Page when they have Hangman Page and Diamond Dallas Page makes occasional appearances.

Maybe they can make a Page/Cage faction.

Then sign Paige to the women’s division!
@BSLMikeRandall

#114 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 10 March 2021 - 02:59 PM

I just read about the ending to Revolution. Man, what a screw-up. I wonder what exactly was supposed to happen?

I think they can write their way out of it, since Omega made the rules to the match he can say it was “mind games”. Kinda like Stone Cold’s “Bang 3:16” gun. (As if he was going to actually blow Mr. McMahon’s brains out all over the ring on live TV).

We’ll find out tonight, but my guess is Mox is off for some time and the moment, though botched, was a face turn for Kingston so he probably takes Mox’s place to feud with Omega.
@BSLMikeRandall

#115 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 10 March 2021 - 03:51 PM

Then sign Paige to the women’s division!

Paige has a neck injury similiar to Edge.  They could use her in the Womans division.

@mikeghg

#116 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 10 March 2021 - 07:02 PM

Paige has a neck injury similiar to Edge. They could use her in the Womans division.

I know, it sucks. Liked her a lot. She was my valet when I created a character on one of the games on PS3.
@BSLMikeRandall

#117 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 10 March 2021 - 09:39 PM

I know, it sucks. Liked her a lot. She was my valet when I created a character on one of the games on PS3.

The first year she was on the Main Roster they had her doing meet and greets with some of the fans at Wrestle Mania.  She was shy, and seemed uncomfortable.  She changed a lot of the years.

@mikeghg

#118 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,377 posts

Posted 11 March 2021 - 09:58 AM

Paige has a neck injury similiar to Edge.  They could use her in the Womans division.

She's got Spinal Stenosis like Edge, and Stone Cold, and a couple other guys (wanna say Bryan and Shawn too) but it's the one where you get a neck injury in the wrong spot and it destabilizes things to the point one bump could leave them dead or paralyzed. It sucks major, but it's been a growing problem in this generation of wrestlers too. Had a lot to do with why they banned piledrivers and the Tombstone.

I think Seamus has it too, but hasn't had the injury to really trigger the lockdown yet. Worked to build muscle up to protect it, but that's why he was kicking around retirement a year or two ago.

• Mike B likes this
@JeremyMStrain

#119 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 11 March 2021 - 11:47 AM

She's got Spinal Stenosis like Edge, and Stone Cold, and a couple other guys (wanna say Bryan and Shawn too) but it's the one where you get a neck injury in the wrong spot and it destabilizes things to the point one bump could leave them dead or paralyzed. It sucks major, but it's been a growing problem in this generation of wrestlers too. Had a lot to do with why they banned piledrivers and the Tombstone.

I think Seamus has it too, but hasn't had the injury to really trigger the lockdown yet. Worked to build muscle up to protect it, but that's why he was kicking around retirement a year or two ago.

Anytime I watch a show, I am surprised how little concern they seem to have about impact on the head and neck.  Everytime I see a suplex, I cringe..  To many landings on the head, neck and upper back.

@mikeghg

#120 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,377 posts

Posted 11 March 2021 - 12:59 PM

Anytime I watch a show, I am surprised how little concern they seem to have about impact on the head and neck.  Everytime I see a suplex, I cringe..  To many landings on the head, neck and upper back.

Yep, especially when you get late into some of those long matches and people are tired. Not like they have a union that's going to look out for them either.

@JeremyMStrain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=