#41 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,622 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 22 May 2020 - 01:19 PM

I don't even know actually - I think it's 59.99?  Way more money than I think is reasonable, I know that much haha.  But I'll enjoy it with them.

If I were AEW, I would make it very affordable for fans to but the PPV.  They are still very much in the cultivating a fan base phase.  $59.99 seems high.  It will be fun for them.  Enjoy!

@mikeghg

#42 glenn__davis

glenn__davis

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,451 posts

Posted 24 May 2020 - 06:45 AM

If I were AEW, I would make it very affordable for fans to but the PPV. They are still very much in the cultivating a fan base phase. $59.99 seems high. It will be fun for them. Enjoy!

I agree, but it was almost worth it for the Stadium Stampede match alone. That was amazing. Early in the match Adam Page chased Sammy across the stadium on a horse. And it only got crazier from there.

#43 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,622 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 25 May 2020 - 01:20 PM

I agree, but it was almost worth it for the Stadium Stampede match alone. That was amazing. Early in the match Adam Page chased Sammy across the stadium on a horse. And it only got crazier from there.

Sounds good.  I was thinking about getting the PPV, but had the family over for first time since this whole mess started.  

@mikeghg

#44 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 09:56 PM

Shots fired at WWE. Brian Cage, who was supposed to fight Moxley next week, will now fight him in two weeks. Tazz, manager for Cage, cut a promo calling out Moxley for testing negative at home twice, and if he came to the arena he would be tested again, because "as you know, we don't run a sloppy shop." 

Monday Night Wars 2.0 in full effect. 

@BSLMikeRandall

#45 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 03 September 2020 - 11:02 AM

A week after Thunderdome debuts for WWE, AEW has actual fans at a 10% capacity at their show.
@BSLMikeRandall

#46 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,622 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 03 September 2020 - 04:27 PM

A week after Thunderdome debuts for WWE, AEW has actual fans at a 10% capacity at their show.

IMO, in a closed facility, there should not be fans.

In a big stadium outside, I do not see a problem in having  5-10 thousand people.  In a closed arena, it should not happen.

@mikeghg

#47 JoshKatzowitz

JoshKatzowitz

HOF

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 04 September 2020 - 08:57 AM

IMO, in a closed facility, there should not be fans.

In a big stadium outside, I do not see a problem in having  5-10 thousand people.  In a closed arena, it should not happen.

Even seeing those few fans in the stands at Daily's Place, I don't know, it makes me slightly uncomfortable.

• Mike B likes this
@joshkatzowitz

#48 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,622 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 04 September 2020 - 10:00 AM

It almost feels like a cheap stunt to allow people in.

@mikeghg

#49 JoshKatzowitz

JoshKatzowitz

HOF

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 04 September 2020 - 10:33 AM

Yeah, maybe. But the fan cheering does add a little more ambiance to the matches.

@joshkatzowitz

#50 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,622 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 04 September 2020 - 11:45 AM

Yeah, maybe. But the fan cheering does add a little more ambiance to the matches.

It does, but I think WWE has accomplished that with Thunderdome.

@mikeghg

#51 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 04 September 2020 - 11:53 AM

Even seeing those few fans in the stands at Daily's Place, I don't know, it makes me slightly uncomfortable.

It looked to me like the people sitting together, came together. Everyone was very spread out, and even though its like an outdoor amphitheater, everyone had masks on. Seemed safe enough to me. 

@BSLMikeRandall

#52 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,622 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 05 September 2020 - 06:54 PM

It looked to me like the people sitting together, came together. Everyone was very spread out, and even though its like an outdoor amphitheater, everyone had masks on. Seemed safe enough to me. 

Maybe so.  AEW still flies under the radar with a lot of wrestling fans and media awareness.  I don’t think WWE would get away with letting fans in, without catching heat.

@mikeghg

#53 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 06 September 2020 - 03:04 PM

I didn’t see it, but All Out sounded like a botch fest. Especially from the veterans. Matt Hardy knocked himself out and the match was ended, but restarted when he came to, just to fast forward to an end that made no sense. Jericho was in a “Mimosa Mayhem” match (Don’t ask. The storyline was great until this idea though). Anyway, you win by pushing your opponent into a vat of Mimosa but there were pin and submission attempts which don’t make sense.

A lot of critics and reviews are some of the worst I’ve seen.
@BSLMikeRandall

#54 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,622 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 07 September 2020 - 09:47 PM

I didn’t see it, but All Out sounded like a botch fest. Especially from the veterans. Matt Hardy knocked himself out and the match was ended, but restarted when he came to, just to fast forward to an end that made no sense. Jericho was in a “Mimosa Mayhem” match (Don’t ask. The storyline was great until this idea though). Anyway, you win by pushing your opponent into a vat of Mimosa but there were pin and submission attempts which don’t make sense.

A lot of critics and reviews are some of the worst I’ve seen.

Did not see it, but Hardy was allowed to wrestle with a concussion.  Not good.

@mikeghg

#55 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,721 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 09 September 2020 - 07:52 PM

Rusev just showed up!
  • Mike in STL likes this

#56 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 10 September 2020 - 08:51 AM

Rusev just showed up!

I'm shocked he wasn't at the ppv, but good!

#57 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,721 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 10 September 2020 - 09:37 AM

I'm shocked he wasn't at the ppv, but good!

I haven't been watching much wrestling lately and when he came out I didn't recognize him.   His hair was bleached blonde  finally the light switch flipped and I realized who it was.   Then he made a comment during his promo about the "brass ring"

#58 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,622 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 10 September 2020 - 02:13 PM

Rusev just showed up!

I wonder if his wife follows.  Given her in ring skills, the WWE should deliver her.

I hope Rusev gets a big push in AEW.  I think he is really good.

@mikeghg

#59 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 26 October 2020 - 12:23 PM

Recently listened to AEWs Unrestricted podcast from a few weeks ago for the one year anniversary. It's a pretty awesome listen. 

Some takeaways:

MJF is the best heel in any promotion, and he cuts off an interview to deliver a heel promo and his kid must have come in the room or something and mid-promo without skipping a beat goes "shut that baby up!" Lol. Truly heel stuff. 

Mr. Brodie Lee (Luke Harper) was a good interview. He was TNT champ at the time and talked about how he lets his kid sleep with the title belt. IIRC from so much of the backstage WWE stuff I've seen, they keep the title belts together in a case and the wrestler grabs it before going to Gorilla, puts it back at some point after their match. Pretty cool that AEW lets you take it with you. Pretty cool. He was talked about their upcoming dog collar match which he felt like he really needed to step up for. Felt like his title reign would last a while, but he lost it back to Cody in that match. 

Jon Moxley was a good interview too but mostly for his life at home stuff. I guess Renee is getting into being a "food stylist", making food for photo purposes. He came home to a house full of women doing the same and he went to grab a cinnamon bun off one of the platters, not knowing the purpose, and got yelled at by a stranger. I guess even a badass psycho is no match for a house full of women.

Moxley seems a lot more like a regular guy now where as near the end of his his WWE run he seemed like lived the lunatic character in, and out of the ring. Must have been just really, really unhappy with WWE and is in much better place now.

FTR and Hikaru Shida also were interviewed.

It's usually a good podcast. Hosted by Tony Schiavone and referee Aubrey Edwards, a.k.a. "Gearl Hebner".

@BSLMikeRandall

#60 Russ

Russ

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,296 posts

Posted 26 October 2020 - 12:39 PM

Thanks. I’ll check it out. Agree with your assessment of MJF.
  • Mike in STL likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=