208 replies to this topic

#21 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 28 February 2020 - 11:34 AM

The crowds love them some Aubrey Edwards. Lol. 

How long until she inserted into a storyline?

@BSLMikeRandall

#22 Adam Wolff

Adam Wolff

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,294 posts
  • LocationWaynesboro, PA

Posted 06 March 2020 - 08:53 AM

I've really enjoyed AEW so far. I went to the first Dynamite in DC and Full Gear in Baltimore and had an excellent time at each. And it's great for the WWE to have competition. They'll continue to get my viewership and support when they come into the area. 

• Mike B and Mike in STL like this

@AdamWolff

#23 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 06 March 2020 - 09:01 AM

I haven't watched much, have the last show taped.  I read where Ambrose or Moxley or as I like to refer to him, Renee's husband won the belt from Jericho.

@mikeghg

#24 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 06 March 2020 - 10:30 PM

I feel like they are booking Hangman like Stone Cold. Beer drinking. Redneck. Giving dudes the middle finger.

I mean, Stone Cold vs. Authority/Vince was peak WWE given that everybody can relate to wanting to be Stone Cold and doing the things he did to his boss.

But if Hangman starts feuding with Cody at some point that will be too on the nose and kind of a turnoff. Hangman doesn’t have a “glass break” pop either. There is no other sound that matches that pop, period.

Definitely loving AEW right now, and even Goldberg and Cena back isn’t getting me back to WWE. Hope they don’t make it too obvious what they are doing with Hangman.
@BSLMikeRandall

#25 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 16 March 2020 - 03:52 PM

AEW will also do an empty arena show on Wednesday.  IMO, good on both AEW and WWE for trying to provide entertainment during tough times.

@mikeghg

#26 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 19 March 2020 - 01:09 PM

That was...insane. Give me that every day and twice on Sunday.

• Adam Wolff likes this

#27 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 19 March 2020 - 01:13 PM

Have not watched yet.  Maybe tonight.  I have tried to get into AEW, but have not been able to yet.  Nothing else on, so time for another shot.

@mikeghg

#28 glenn__davis

glenn__davis

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,453 posts

Posted 08 April 2020 - 07:34 PM

Over 20 years after the 1st time I heard it, Jericho calling Tony Schiavone "skee-a-vone" still cracks me up.

#29 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 08 April 2020 - 08:14 PM

Which one were you talking about?
@BSLMikeRandall

#30 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 17 April 2020 - 08:33 PM

I really hope AEW doesn’t scoop up too many WWE guys. You got Jericho and Moxley/Ambrose. Jake Hager/Jack Swagger. Cody and Dustin. Now Matt Hardy showed up and Brodie Lee/Luke Harper. Pac/Neville.

One of the things that make it great is that it isn’t WWE. They have some really good stuff going on with MJF, Darby Allin, Jurassic Express is a hell of a lot of fun. Lucha Brothers is probably the best tag team I’ve ever seen. They are getting some big dudes in there with Lance Archer. I’d hate to see some of these guys pushed down the card because they get Rusev or some others and AEW turns into WWE light.

Fully agree the women’s division pales in comparison to WWE. I have faith it’ll get there one day though.
@BSLMikeRandall

#31 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 18 April 2020 - 07:13 PM

I think the AEW will hire a few WWE casualties, but they basically are doing 2 hours per week right now.  

I think Rusev and the Revival are the most likely.

@mikeghg

#32 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 19 April 2020 - 01:07 AM

Which one were you talking about?

The first empty arena show. A whole lot to like.

I've watched the other episodes in passing and have liked everything I've seen so far.

• Mike in STL likes this

#33 glenn__davis

glenn__davis

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,453 posts

Posted 20 April 2020 - 10:22 AM

The first empty arena show. A whole lot to like.

I've watched the other episodes in passing and have liked everything I've seen so far.

They've done a nice job having the wrestlers at the ring to provide some atmosphere, and Chris Jericho has been gold on commentary.

But man, it's just tough with no crowd. Both companies are doing the best they can and I give them credit for trying.  I feel bad for AEW because I really did feel like they were on the cusp of something good, hopefully they can regroup after all of this and get it going again.

#34 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 20 April 2020 - 10:44 AM

They've done a nice job having the wrestlers at the ring to provide some atmosphere, and Chris Jericho has been gold on commentary.

But man, it's just tough with no crowd. Both companies are doing the best they can and I give them credit for trying.  I feel bad for AEW because I really did feel like they were on the cusp of something good, hopefully they can regroup after all of this and get it going again.

I do believe that the companies are trying to be creative and are trying to have the best product possible.  

I agree about Jericho.  He is entertaining.  That IMO is the one, huge advantage AEW has.  Their comentators are much better than the horror show the WWE runs out there.

@mikeghg

#35 glenn__davis

glenn__davis

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,453 posts

Posted 21 May 2020 - 02:19 PM

Going to buy my first ever PPV this weekend.  My kids have gotten absolutely hooked on AEW and they all decided to chip in $10 to help pay for Double or Nothing.  I'd be pretty excited about it if they had a crowd - unfortunately as much as they're trying wrestling just needs a crowd to work.  

• Mike B and Mike in STL like this

#36 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 21 May 2020 - 03:15 PM

Looks like a good card. The last PPV I was able to find on youtube the next day with great clarity and sound. But thats not ideal for a family viewing. Hope it's a good one. AEW is all I'm watching anymore. Aside from WM and MITB. 

• glenn__davis likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#37 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 21 May 2020 - 03:16 PM

BTW. If anyone doesn't like Marko Stunt, we can't be friends. 

@BSLMikeRandall

#38 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 22 May 2020 - 12:29 PM

Going to buy my first ever PPV this weekend.  My kids have gotten absolutely hooked on AEW and they all decided to chip in $10 to help pay for Double or Nothing.  I'd be pretty excited about it if they had a crowd - unfortunately as much as they're trying wrestling just needs a crowd to work.  

Honestly I did not even know they had a PPV going this weekend?

Out of curiosity, what are they charging.

@mikeghg

#39 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 22 May 2020 - 12:57 PM

It is pretty neat that you kids have gotten hooked.  

I agree with the crowd being needed. but I am getting used to no crowd. 

I think, baseball, football and basketball will be the same way, so we all better get used to it.  

Both companies have done a good job being creative though.

• glenn__davis likes this
@mikeghg

#40 glenn__davis

glenn__davis

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,453 posts

Posted 22 May 2020 - 01:10 PM

Honestly I did not even know they had a PPV going this weekend?

Out of curiosity, what are they charging.

I don't even know actually - I think it's 59.99?  Way more money than I think is reasonable, I know that much haha.  But I'll enjoy it with them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=