• Please log in to reply
516 replies to this topic

#1 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,268 posts

Posted 01 October 2019 - 06:48 AM

The Steelers are 1-3 after getting their first win last night against Cincinnati 27-3. 

#2 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,617 posts

Posted 01 October 2019 - 07:38 AM

I expect a tough game. I think we win 23-20.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#3 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,607 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 01 October 2019 - 10:23 AM

Vegas with the standard -3.5 line.  Although this time the road team (Ravens) is favored.  

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#4 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,295 posts

Posted 01 October 2019 - 11:24 AM

Vegas with the standard -3.5 line. Although this time the road team (Ravens) is favored.

Wow. Give me the home team. 😁

#5 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,806 posts

Posted 01 October 2019 - 06:24 PM

I would think the Steelers would be feeling rather lucky at this point and really motivated.  Despite a disaster of a start, a win on Sunday and a Cleveland loss would put them statistically in first place.  Pittsburgh, Cleveland and Baltimore would be 2-3, but Pitt would have a 2-0 div record to Cleveland's 1-0, and Baltimore's 0-2.  That would have seemed unthinkable as early as last Saturday night.  They've got to be thinking a win on Sunday leaves them right in the mix of what might be the worst division in football.  

#6 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,642 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 02 October 2019 - 08:57 AM

I really don't know how to feel about this weeks game.  The defense, is in a mess right now.  I think Lamar needs to put up 30 to win.

@mikeghg

#7 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,617 posts

Posted 02 October 2019 - 09:18 AM

Pittsburgh is 22nd in rush yards allowed.

Pound the ball early and often.

• Mike in STL likes this
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#8 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 02 October 2019 - 10:28 AM

I really don't know how to feel about this weeks game.  The defense, is in a mess right now.  I think Lamar needs to put up 30 to win.

Pitt's defense is young and fast.  They have a lot of talent on that side of the ball.

Offensively, the game plan the other day was for Rudolph to get the ball out of his hands quickly.  

They threw a lot of passes to backs and TEs, which has been a weakness against the Ravens.

Gotta watch out for the deep ball with Deiontae Johnson.  He is fast and has been a weapon early on.

Still, the Ravens should win this game.  

#9 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,268 posts

Posted 02 October 2019 - 12:11 PM

Balt Sun: Ravens vs. Steelers staff picks: Who will win Sunday’s game in Pittsburgh?

#10 mdrunning

mdrunning

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,408 posts

Posted 02 October 2019 - 03:15 PM

If Pittsburgh is going to take advantage of a Ravens' defense that suddenly looks very vulnerable, they're going to have to let Mason Rudolph take shots down the field. Most of his passes thus far have traveled, what, about two feet in the air? It's almost like the Steelers have been trying to play around the quarterback position the past few games.

• BSLChrisStoner likes this

#11 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,268 posts

Posted 02 October 2019 - 04:13 PM

Balt Ravens.com: Lamar Jackson Eager to Join Ravens-Steelers Rivalry
https://www.baltimor...teelers-rivalry

#12 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,268 posts

Posted 03 October 2019 - 04:19 PM

Balt Sun: Ravens vs. Steelers scouting report for Week 5: Who has the edge?
https://www.baltimor...2qqy-story.html

#13 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,642 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 04 October 2019 - 08:10 PM

Looks like BWill and Andrews are ready to go for Sunday

@mikeghg

#14 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,268 posts

Posted 05 October 2019 - 10:24 AM

BTSCBreaking down how Mason Rudolph’s “check downs” were part of the Steelers game plan

#15 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,283 posts

Posted 05 October 2019 - 06:06 PM

Pittsburgh is 22nd in rush yards allowed.

Pound the ball early and often.

Give that man a beer!

#16 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,806 posts

Posted 05 October 2019 - 06:49 PM

Personally I think this game gets decided by how well the Raven's offense does against the Steeler's defense.  The Steelers are going to try to keep this game close and win it in the 4th quarter.  With the exception of NE, they have been close in their losses.  They lost to Seattle by 2, SF by 4 in a game where they had the lead in the 4Q.  Unless they see something in the Raven's defense that makes them say they are going to unleash Mason Rudolph they are going to use check downs, short passes, wildcat tricks and the running game to try and grind the game out. 

I know people want the Ravens to run the ball 40-50 times, but what if Pittsburgh sells out on the run and continually stuffs it?  How do you not attack through the air in that situation?  Isn't this what the progress of Lamar Jackson is for....to be able to carry the team in the passing game when the opposing defense stuffs the run?  The Steelers have a pretty good front seven.  They are young, quick, aggressive, and more talented than the Ravens front seven.  What they don't have is a very good secondary, although Mikah Fitzpatrick has proven to be a good addition.  I don't think the Ravens should come off the plane throwing, but if they are getting stuffed in the run game and don't adjust they very well might lose simply because they will be playing right into Pittsburgh's hands. 

I think you have to see how the game develops, but I don't think you can just say we are running the ball 50 times today and follow through just because that is what your game plan is.  Great teams adjust, mediocre ones keep banging their heads into the wall and wonder why it didn't work.  

#17 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,283 posts

Posted 06 October 2019 - 05:38 AM

Personally I think this game gets decided by how well the Raven's offense does against the Steeler's defense.  The Steelers are going to try to keep this game close and win it in the 4th quarter.  With the exception of NE, they have been close in their losses.  They lost to Seattle by 2, SF by 4 in a game where they had the lead in the 4Q.  Unless they see something in the Raven's defense that makes them say they are going to unleash Mason Rudolph they are going to use check downs, short passes, wildcat tricks and the running game to try and grind the game out. 

I know people want the Ravens to run the ball 40-50 times, but what if Pittsburgh sells out on the run and continually stuffs it?  How do you not attack through the air in that situation?  Isn't this what the progress of Lamar Jackson is for....to be able to carry the team in the passing game when the opposing defense stuffs the run?  The Steelers have a pretty good front seven.  They are young, quick, aggressive, and more talented than the Ravens front seven.  What they don't have is a very good secondary, although Mikah Fitzpatrick has proven to be a good addition.  I don't think the Ravens should come off the plane throwing, but if they are getting stuffed in the run game and don't adjust they very well might lose simply because they will be playing right into Pittsburgh's hands. 

I think you have to see how the game develops, but I don't think you can just say we are running the ball 50 times today and follow through just because that is what your game plan is.  Great teams adjust, mediocre ones keep banging their heads into the wall and wonder why it didn't work.  

You make some valid points but so far, no one has stopped the Ravens running game and they're averaging nearly 6 yards a carry. The dynamic that creates that is Lamar Jackson.  If anyone thinks the Ravens would be running that well with Joe Flacco back there is delusional.  Because of his running ability, Jackson opens up lanes that would never exist otherwise.  I'm not saying that Pittsburgh's front 7 is overrated but they haven't faced a running attack like Baltimore yet.  Nobody stops KC's passing game and I really don't think anyone stops us on the ground.  You might be able to limit it in relative terms but if they continually pound the ball, they will rush for more than 100 yards.  I feel pretty confident about that.  That said, I don't expect the Ravens to run the ball 40+ times.  Not because I don't think it would be effective.  Roman's not going to be that one dimensional in any game this year until it's probably too late.  Last year was different and they did it more out of necessity than for creative reasons.  But if the losses continue to pile up with them trying to throw the ball 35-40 times a game, don't be surprised if they go back to what made them 6-1 to end last year.  It won't be because they want to do it. Harbaugh will push the panic button by then it wouldn't surprise me in the least that they start winning again. 

#18 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 06 October 2019 - 07:19 AM

Rushing for more than 100 yards is no big deal.

If you run it 40 times for 115 yards, you better be making plays in the passing game to win unless you get a lot of turnovers or flukey TDs

#19 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,617 posts

Posted 06 October 2019 - 09:25 AM

Where I live the god damn Redskins/Patriots game is on instead of the Ravens. FML.

#20 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,514 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 06 October 2019 - 09:54 AM

Where I live the god damn Redskins/Patriots game is on instead of the Ravens. FML.

They've got the wonderful delicacy that is BDubs in Frederick now, so it ain't all bad. ;) 

Yeah, I'm in MoCo, North Bethesda, so heading out soon to a local bar where we'll be packed in like sardines with the Redskins audio on and the Ravens on 1 or 2 TV's. Fun times.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=