ESPN: 2020 NHL Playoffs Today: Boston Bruins on the brink of elimination
https://www.espn.com...ink-elimination

#22 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,072 posts

Posted 02 September 2020 - 07:05 AM

ESPN: 2020 NHL Playoffs Today: Colorado Avalanche looking to force a Game 7 against the Dallas Stars
https://www.espn.com...-7-dallas-stars

• FlavaDave10 likes this

#23 FlavaDave10

FlavaDave10

Dave

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,972 posts
  • LocationBalmer

Posted 02 September 2020 - 09:45 AM

Frank Seravalli's Trade Bait columns are a must read. He's usually on top of things and compared to other "insiders", has a pretty good batting average as far as guessing who's going to be traded and who won't be. 

Some fascinating names on this list. For the Capitals, I wonder what the asking price for Nikolaj Ehlers and Vince Dunn would be. Ehlers is a wing who can drive play on both ends of the ice and excels in transition. Think he's what the Caps are missing. Dunn is a defenseman who I think would thrive in a larger role. 

Josh Anderson is also an interesting name. Skilled power forward, much like Tom Wilson, but he's had issues staying healthy. A year removed from a 47 point season. Could be a really good buy-low candidate. 

For non-Capitals fans, Laine's definitely interesting too. He's a one-trick pony but his one trick is a darn good one - scoring goals. Still young enough that I think going to a team with structure would help his growth immensely. All the goalies are noteworthy too. It'll sort of be like musical chairs since there will be more goalies available than starting jobs available. Curious to see how it all plays out, especially since the NHL's salary cap will be flat for the next several seasons.

https://www.tsn.ca/t...board-1.1517697

"We're not going to be f***ing suck this year" - Alex Ovechkin

@BaltimoreDavey

#24 FlavaDave10

FlavaDave10

Dave

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,972 posts
  • LocationBalmer

Posted 02 September 2020 - 09:48 AM

ESPN: 2020 NHL Playoffs Today: Colorado Avalanche looking to force a Game 7 against the Dallas Stars
https://www.espn.com...-7-dallas-stars

That series has been nuts so far. So it wouldn't shock me one bit if it goes to 7 games. 

@BaltimoreDavey

#25 FlavaDave10

FlavaDave10

Dave

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,972 posts
  • LocationBalmer

Posted 02 September 2020 - 10:31 AM

Curious to see how Bill Zito does in a GM role. Has a unique background as an agent, which probably gives him a huge advantage when dealing with other GMs and agents. Kudos to the Florida Panthers for giving him a chance. 

prohockeyrumors.com/2020/09/florid…

@BaltimoreDavey

#26 FlavaDave10

FlavaDave10

Dave

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,972 posts
  • LocationBalmer

Posted 02 September 2020 - 10:32 AM

Didn't take long for Todd Reirden to find a new job...

Penguins hire Mike Velluci and Todd Reirden as assistant coaches

prohockeyrumors.com/2020/09/pittsb…

@BaltimoreDavey

#27 FlavaDave10

FlavaDave10

Dave

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,972 posts
  • LocationBalmer

Posted 02 September 2020 - 11:21 AM

Interesting trade. Helps the Canadiens because it lessens Carey Price's significant work load. Helps the Blues because it makes re-signing Alex Pietrangelo and Vince Dunn (along with others) more realistic. 

Canadiens Acquire Jake Allen From St. Louis Blues

prohockeyrumors.com/2020/09/montre…

@BaltimoreDavey

#28 FlavaDave10

FlavaDave10

Dave

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,972 posts
  • LocationBalmer

Posted 03 September 2020 - 06:18 AM

The Avalanche-Stars series deserved a seventh game and we're getting one. Such a crazy series with so much drama. Game 7 should be a blast.

Avalanche Beat Stars To Force Game 7

@BaltimoreDavey

#29 FlavaDave10

FlavaDave10

Dave

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,972 posts
  • LocationBalmer

Posted 03 September 2020 - 06:21 AM

I usually don't share my own stuff, but I'm proud of this article. Between Jake Allen and Carey Price, the Canadiens are spending almost $15 million next season on their goaltending. For most teams, that makes no sense. But for the Canadiens, it makes quite a bit of sense.

https://puckprose.co...es-team-better/

@BaltimoreDavey

#30 FlavaDave10

FlavaDave10

Dave

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,972 posts
  • LocationBalmer

Posted 03 September 2020 - 10:31 AM

Zdeno Chara's open to another one-year deal.

Zdeno Chara: “I feel strong physically. I’m positive and feel like I can still play and contribute to this team. I want to be a Boston Bruin. That hasn’t changed”

twitter.com/HackswithHaggs…

@BaltimoreDavey

#31 FlavaDave10

FlavaDave10

Dave

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,972 posts
  • LocationBalmer

Posted 03 September 2020 - 10:34 AM

On the other hand, sounds like Torey Krug of the Boston Bruins will be hitting the open market. Undrafted, undersized defenseman who has carved out quite an NHL career. 

https://twitter.com/...528694217998346

@BaltimoreDavey

#32 FlavaDave10

FlavaDave10

Dave

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,972 posts
  • LocationBalmer

Posted 05 September 2020 - 11:16 AM

Tough losses for the Colorado Avalanche and Vancouver Canucks yesterday. Nearly made the Stars and Golden Knights blow 3-1 leads. Philadelphia Flyers will try to complete their comeback from down 3-1 against the Islanders tonight.

Keep an eye on the Canucks this offseason. They've got some tough decisions to make. Elias Pettersson and Quinn Hughes will need long-term deals in a year. They have a bright future, but Vegas skated circles around them. Their forward depth simply isn't good enough. 

I could see the Avalanche making a splash too. They've got the cap space and a wide open Stanley Cup window. Wouldn't be surprised if they bite the bullet and give Cale Makar his long-term extension now rather than wait a year. 

• BSLChrisStoner likes this

@BaltimoreDavey

#33 FlavaDave10

FlavaDave10

Dave

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,972 posts
  • LocationBalmer

Posted 06 September 2020 - 08:58 AM

Conference Finals are set

WEST: Vegas vs. Dallas

EAST: Islanders vs. Tampa

MY PICKS: 

Vegas in 6. It's hilarious how the Stars went from an elite defensive team to an elite offensive powerhouse in the bubble. But Vegas is an entirely different animal than the Avalanche. This'll be a good series, but man, the Golden Knights are just too darn good. 

Tampa in 6. This isn't last year's Tampa Bay Lightning. This team is relentless when pursuing the puck and attacks you in waves. The 2017-18 Capitals showed how you can beat the Lightning when they're playing like that, but I don't think the Islanders have the personnel needed to pull it off. Keep an eye on Tampa's third line. They've been extremely effective this postseason and Jon Cooper's been using them against their opponent's top lines to give his first and second lines more favorable matchups. If he can do that against the Islanders, the Islanders are screwed. 

@BaltimoreDavey

#34 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,072 posts

Posted 07 September 2020 - 07:42 AM

Top-seeded Vegas listless in Game 1 loss to Stars

#35 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,072 posts

Posted 07 September 2020 - 07:42 AM

ESPN: 2020 NHL Playoffs Today: Dallas Stars get defensive; can the New York Islanders do the same?
https://www.espn.com...landers-do-same

• FlavaDave10 likes this

#36 FlavaDave10

FlavaDave10

Dave

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,972 posts
  • LocationBalmer

Posted 07 September 2020 - 02:38 PM

ESPN: 2020 NHL Playoffs Today: Dallas Stars get defensive; can the New York Islanders do the same?
https://www.espn.com...landers-do-same

It's so funny. The Stars went from being an elite defensive team that struggled to score in the regular season to being an elite offensive powerhouse against the Flames and Avalanche, back to being an elite defensive team. It'll be interesting to see how the Islanders do against a well-rested Lightning team. 

@BaltimoreDavey

#37 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,072 posts

Posted 09 September 2020 - 07:55 AM

ESPN: 2020 NHL Playoffs Today: New York Islanders seek to even series
https://www.espn.com...eek-even-series

#38 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,072 posts

Posted 14 September 2020 - 08:10 AM

ESPN: 2020 NHL Playoffs Today: Dallas Stars need one more win to reach Stanley Cup Final
https://www.espn.com...anley-cup-final

#39 FlavaDave10

FlavaDave10

Dave

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,972 posts
  • LocationBalmer

Posted 15 September 2020 - 07:49 AM

Dallas Stars make to the Stanley Cup Final. What a story they've been. It's honestly been hilarious watching them go from a defensive juggernaut, to an offensive juggernaut, back to being a defensive juggernaut. Maybe they're the weird Stanley Cup champions 2020 deserves. Also, maybe now everyone will realize just how great Miro Heiskanen is, if they haven't already. 

@BaltimoreDavey

#40 FlavaDave10

FlavaDave10

Dave

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,972 posts
  • LocationBalmer

Posted 15 September 2020 - 07:54 AM

With Peter Laviolette off the market (hired by the Capitals), I'd expect something to be announced regarding the Seattle Kraken's next head coach in the near future. Have to imagine it's Gerard Gallant. I'd be very surprised if it's not him. 

@BaltimoreDavey

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=