MIAA Football

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#61 lballer

lballer
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 September 2020 - 07:18 PM

I am not sure that is the case.  Lots of state playing football. The facts say something different.

https://footballscoo...y-covid-spread/

#62 dorfmac

dorfmac
  • Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 12 September 2020 - 07:28 PM

That article is great news, and I hope it’s accurate, but I remain skeptical.

Cases are definitely being transmitted through the club sports scene. While my evidence is anecdotal and I can’t say if it speaks to larger trends or not, I know this to be certain. No reason to think that what’s occurring at the club level would not also occur at the high school level. Same age, same sports, same kids, just different fields.

If there are a number of division one universities with massive athletic department budgets who don’t feel confident they can get this right, why do we think already strapped school systems can?

It’d be one thing if we could have testing widely available and have high school athletes tested quickly and cheaply, but we don’t. The handling of this virus at a federal level has been such a failure, trickling down to local efforts, preventing so many aspects of “normal” life that we should be back to - high school sports being one of them.

#63 lballer

lballer
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 September 2020 - 08:31 PM

Very political at this point.  A weekend motorcycle rally in South Dakota spreads 200,000 cases yet 4 months of protesting, riots and looting in Portland causes none.  Very familiar with the club scene and can say the cases this summer were minuscule to none.   You can be sure if there was any hint of Covid spreading through high school football the national media would be all over it.  Since it doesn't fit their agenda we won't hear anything about this report.

#64 dorfmac

dorfmac
  • Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 13 September 2020 - 06:20 AM

Very familiar with the club scene and can say the cases this summer were minuscule to none. You can be sure if there was any hint of Covid spreading through high school football the national media would be all over it.

The club comment simply is inaccurate based on what I know. Not saying I know everything, but definitely aware of a number of cases coming from summer club sports/teams.

And again, while I’m skeptical about the football stuff, I welcome the news. I hope it continues to go as smoothly as it has for those high school kids, because it hasn’t gone smoothly at the college level where resources are more widely available.
  • BSLWillieSeanCoughlan likes this

#65 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,027 posts

Posted 07 October 2020 - 06:20 AM

Balt Sun: Former Ravens star Jacoby Jones hired as Calvert Hall wide receivers coach
https://www.baltimor...SoYo0eWc0Ln2rfU

#66 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 09 October 2020 - 12:17 PM

Balt Sun: Former Ravens star Jacoby Jones hired as Calvert Hall wide receivers coach
https://www.baltimor...SoYo0eWc0Ln2rfU

I wonder if the friend that made the connection was Kiper.

@mikeghg

#67 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,027 posts

Posted 10 October 2020 - 04:54 PM

Balt Sun: MIAA well represented in Big Ten football, especially Maryland

#68 JBMAD

JBMAD
  • Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 11 October 2020 - 11:04 AM

Balt Sun: MIAA well represented in Big Ten football, especially Maryland

Shaq only played one season at SFA, started at CHC and finished at IMG

#69 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,027 posts

Posted 22 October 2020 - 07:22 AM

PressBox: Calvert Hall, Loyola Blakefield Turkey Bowl Tradition Continues

#70 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,027 posts

Posted 08 November 2020 - 10:12 AM

Balt Sun: Strong first half lifts Archbishop Spalding football past Calvert Hall, 17-7

Balt Sun: Pallotti shakes off rust, defeats Concordia, 15-6, in football season opener

#71 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,027 posts

Posted 12 November 2020 - 08:19 PM

PressBox: After Challenging Offseason, MIAA Football Programs Thrilled To Be Back On Field

#72 MaroonTiger

MaroonTiger
  • Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 18 November 2020 - 06:20 PM

Spalding is rolling I see. They rolled the Dons. I doubt they lose the rest of the season. 

#73 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,027 posts

Posted 05 January 2021 - 04:57 PM

Balt Sun: MIAA football realigns as St. Vincent Pallotti moves up to A Conference, Loyola Blakefield rejoins

#74 11ROVER

11ROVER
  • Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 21 January 2021 - 08:37 AM

Very typical of reporting, only state what fits the agenda.  Chase Young transfers to DeMatha but he's a SVP product.  But everyone that transfers to SFA is a SFA product.   :rolleyes:

#75 JBMAD

JBMAD
  • Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 30 January 2021 - 04:12 PM

Very typical of reporting, only state what fits the agenda. Chase Young transfers to DeMatha but he's a SVP product. But everyone that transfers to SFA is a SFA product. :rolleyes:

True true.

#76 Oldtime

Oldtime
  • Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 31 January 2021 - 07:49 AM

Very typical of reporting, only state what fits the agenda. Chase Young transfers to DeMatha but he's a SVP product. But everyone that transfers to SFA is a SFA product. :rolleyes:

Same thing happens with Players at Quince Orchard in MOCO. QO gets all the credit for all the transfers that come in.

#77 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,027 posts

Posted 04 September 2021 - 05:57 AM

TURNOVERS AND INEXPERIENCE DOOM MCDONOGH IN OPENER

#78 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,027 posts

Posted 11 September 2021 - 06:04 PM

Balt Sun: Behind QB Noah Brannock and WR Donnie Lewis, Calvert Hall football rolls to 24-7 win over McDonogh

#79 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,027 posts

Posted 18 September 2021 - 04:39 PM

MSJ 23-6 over John Carroll.

#80 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,027 posts

Posted 02 October 2021 - 10:15 AM

Balt SunNo. 2 Spalding football rolls to dominant 37-14 win over No. 3 Calvert Hall

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=