#244 Steve55

Steve55

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 25 January 2021 - 07:09 PM

The Ringer: The Bills Just Kicked Away Their Chance at a Super Bowl Berth

Bills started to get chippy once they knew their chances were gone. Not only the play where Allen thew the ball in the players face, their defense started picking fights. Same thing happened in the early season KC game where they got several PF's late in the game they knew they were going to lose.

They seem to be fun team when ahead, start beating them it changes to their worst.

#245 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,946 posts

Posted 13 April 2021 - 01:45 PM

Now sure how they'll enforce this, but it's interesting.

BREAKING NEWS: Poloncarz announces full return to @BuffaloBills stadium for in-person attendance at Bills games but ONLY if you have been FULLY VACCINATED. No Vaccine = No Entry.

• Old Man likes this

#246 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 13 April 2021 - 01:53 PM

BREAKING NEWS: Poloncarz announces full return to @BuffaloBills stadium for in-person attendance at Bills games but ONLY if you have been FULLY VACCINATED. No Vaccine = No Entry.

Wow, wave your vaccination card??????????

Im sure if one team does it, many more will follow.

Where do you draw the line? Restaurants, movie theaters, bars, concerts, etc?

#247 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,628 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 13 April 2021 - 02:13 PM

I am guessing that the people will need to the cards as proof that they have been vaccinated.

I have been vaccinated and I really want to go to all the Ravens games this year.  I guess, going is a vote of confidence in the vaccines.

@mikeghg

#248 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,772 posts

Posted 13 April 2021 - 02:15 PM

Smart, but unenforceable, I think.  Also what about kids under 16?

Even just making it on the honor system will probably get some people to go get vaccinated who might not otherwise, which is a good thing.

• Mike B likes this

#249 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,628 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 13 April 2021 - 02:16 PM

Wow, wave your vaccination card??????????

Im sure if one team does it, many more will follow.

Where do you draw the line? Restaurants, movie theaters, bars, concerts, etc?

Great question.  I played it very careful for 13 months.  Like I said above, I trust the vaccines, in fact went to restuarants the last 2 nights, but I think it is a personal decision.  

• You Play to Win the Game likes this
@mikeghg

#250 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,772 posts

Posted 13 April 2021 - 02:17 PM

If I were a more dishonest person I'd be practicing my vaccination card forgery.

In college, shortly after seeing Catch Me If You Can, me and some friends failed to land tickets to a sold out Lewis Black performance on campus so we used my girlfriend's new photo printer and made us up some fake tickets.  We used exacto blades to put perforations in them just like the real ones.  Worked great!  

#251 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 13 April 2021 - 02:19 PM

Great question.  I played it very careful for 13 months.  Like I said above, I trust the vaccines, in fact went to restuarants the last 2 nights, but I think it is a personal decision.  

Some places are extremely more adept in how they handle things. 

No waiting inside, you wait in your call and they text/call you when your table is ready.

they wipe down the entire table and chairs in front of you, and even wipe off the mini computer that allows you to pay with no contact with the server.

Tables are well apart from each other.

Menus are printer paper that are thrown away after your use.

#252 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 13 April 2021 - 02:21 PM

If I were a more dishonest person I'd be practicing my vaccination card forgery.

In college, shortly after seeing Catch Me If You Can, me and some friends failed to land tickets to a sold out Lewis Black performance on campus so we used my girlfriend's new photo printer and made us up some fake tickets.  We used exacto blades to put perforations in them just like the real ones.  Worked great!  

Sounds like something out of a James Bond movie. :)

#253 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,473 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 13 April 2021 - 02:28 PM

Finally, after like 15 years on these message boards, a character flaw from Mack is uncovered. Except, not really, and even in this it's brilliantly done.

#254 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,973 posts

Posted 13 April 2021 - 02:29 PM

In college, shortly after seeing Catch Me If You Can, me and some friends failed to land tickets to a sold out Lewis Black performance on campus so we used my girlfriend's new photo printer and made us up some fake tickets. We used exacto blades to put perforations in them just like the real ones. Worked great!

Of course you did and of course it worked.

#255 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,473 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 13 April 2021 - 02:31 PM

I'm going to refrain from weighing in, but this vaccine card/passport debate is about to get VERY interesting I think.

#256 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,973 posts

Posted 13 April 2021 - 02:33 PM

This is gonna be an issue going forward. People will be up in arms if places try to institute a vaccination policy.

#257 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,973 posts

Posted 13 April 2021 - 02:34 PM

I'm going to refrain from weighing in, but this vaccine card/passport debate is about to get VERY interesting I think.

Get the damn vaccine or deal with being left out on some things for awhile
  • You Play to Win the Game and Nigel Tufnel like this

#258 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,772 posts

Posted 13 April 2021 - 02:46 PM

There already is a vaccination policy in lots of places.  You can't go to elementary school or daycare without having a certain slate of vaccinations.  Most colleges require at least the MMR.

Of course those are for vaccines with full approval and not just emergency approval like the covid vaccines.  That particular nuance probably doesn't have much of a shelf life as full approval is coming soon.  Also availability is still a factor.  How hard are we going to force people to work to get an appointment, in many areas it still takes a lot of effort to find one, but then exclude them from everyday things if they haven't gotten one?  Hopefully another nuance that goes away soon.

It's a complex and important problem and would be a really interesting discussion if people approached it with an open mind rather than just dig in their heels and scream at each other from opposite sides of the highway.

#259 Steve55

Steve55

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 14 April 2021 - 06:07 AM

So is this going to slow down entry even more while they verify your card .?

I can see a new market for fake vaccination cards.

#260 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 14 April 2021 - 06:33 AM

Get the damn vaccine or deal with being left out on some things for awhile

I agree, but you have to admit there are those crazy ones that feel this is a hoax by the government to take away our liberties.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=