315 replies to this topic

#281 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,322 posts

Posted 26 August 2022 - 10:16 AM

Not sure, but it looks like the Ravens took the right punter.

Yeah 100% he was off their board. No matter how this turns out it can put to rest those comparisons (which I haven't really seen much of since right after the draft, people seemed to warm up to Stout quickly).

#282 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,976 posts

Posted 26 August 2022 - 05:54 PM

I think the Bill's will cut him.

The police have Azaiza on tape initially admitting to having sex with his accuser.(He actually advises her to get tested for a venereal disease. The girl was 17 at the time. The age of consent in California is 18.
<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#283 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,224 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 27 August 2022 - 07:09 PM

I think the Bill's will cut him.

And they have.

#284 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,380 posts

Posted 27 August 2022 - 07:48 PM

Would they have cut him if he were a top tier rookie QB accused of taking part in the gang-raping of a 17 year old girl?

#285 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,976 posts

Posted 28 August 2022 - 04:27 AM

Would they have cut him if he were a top tier rookie QB accused of taking part in the gang-raping of a 17 year old girl?

I doubt it.

Their stance that "some things are more important than winning football games" would certainly be challenged in this scenario.

#286 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,380 posts

Posted 28 August 2022 - 06:46 AM

I doubt it.

Their stance that "some things are more important than winning football games" would certainly be challenged in this scenario.

I’d like to think they’d investigate the background of potential draft picks throughout the draft with the same intensity. I can’t help but feel the Bills would’ve been preaching “let him have his day in court” if his upside was that of a high end QB than a punter with a big leg. 

#287 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,976 posts

Posted 28 August 2022 - 07:45 AM

I’d like to think they’d investigate the background of potential draft picks throughout the draft with the same intensity. I can’t help but feel the Bills would’ve been preaching “let him have his day in court” if his upside was that of a high end QB than a punter with a big leg.

I agree.

According to an article in the Athletic, the Bill's GM reiterated that the team did not know about the allegations before the draft. The accuser's attorney reached out to the Bills' general counsel on July 31st to discuss the lawsuit.

Despite this, the Bill's played Azaira in the preseason and cut their veteran punter who has since signed with the Colts. This situation only became an issue for the Bills when the lawsuit was actually filed and the nasty details of the incident became public. Like yourself, I believe that a high round QB would have been given the presumption of innocence by the club in a similar situation.

#288 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,575 posts

Posted 30 August 2022 - 05:27 PM

Football Outsiders: DVOA by Route: How Bills Built NFL's Best Defense

#289 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,575 posts

Posted 09 September 2022 - 08:25 AM

The Ringer: Josh Allen’s Incredible Accuracy Makes the Bills Unstoppable

#290 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,575 posts

Posted 27 October 2022 - 08:32 AM

• DuffMan likes this

#291 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 27 October 2022 - 09:19 AM

I agree.

According to an article in the Athletic, the Bill's GM reiterated that the team did not know about the allegations before the draft. The accuser's attorney reached out to the Bills' general counsel on July 31st to discuss the lawsuit.

Despite this, the Bill's played Azaira in the preseason and cut their veteran punter who has since signed with the Colts. This situation only became an issue for the Bills when the lawsuit was actually filed and the nasty details of the incident became public. Like yourself, I believe that a high round QB would have been given the presumption of innocence by the club in a similar situation.

This is troubling. What kind of FO, does do their homework and due diligence when making their draft choices, making sure, there are no skeletons in their closet.

#292 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,251 posts

Posted 27 October 2022 - 09:55 AM

This is troubling. What kind of FO, does do their homework and due diligence when making their draft choices, making sure, there are no skeletons in their closet.

I doubt there is super deep investigation done on most 4th/5th round picks.

1st round picks sure, because you only have to investigate 10-15 players who you may be considering at the spot you will be picking.  And that's a very valuable resource that you don't want to end up wasting because you didn't know something.  If you're talking into the 5th/6th round then you're investigating 200 players.  How much can you investigate that many players besides just googling their name and seeing what comes up?  And the value of a late round pick is much lower, the cost of investigating hundreds of players is probably more than the cost of a 5th round pick.

Why didn't the Bills stop playing him or release him when they found out in July is certainly troubling.  I don't know if they should have known about this before then.  Nobody else seemed to.  I'm more concerned with why SDSU and other entities didn't make this more known than the Bills not having been able to uncover the story themselves at the time of the draft.

• Old Man likes this

#293 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,575 posts

Posted 08 November 2022 - 05:08 PM

#294 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,224 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 09 January 2023 - 03:07 PM

Damar Hamlin was released from the hospital this morning and has returned to Buffalo.

• BSLChrisStoner, glenn__davis, cprenegade and 1 other like this

#295 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,575 posts

Posted 18 January 2023 - 08:05 AM

ESPN: Untold tales on the making of Bills star Josh Allen

https://www.espn.com...-career-journey

#296 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,575 posts

Posted 23 January 2023 - 10:07 AM

The Ringer: There Will Be No Fairy Tale Ending for the Bills

#297 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,575 posts

Posted 24 January 2023 - 06:10 AM

ESPN: Bills' Allen seeks 'rest and recovery' as he gauges elbow injury

https://www.espn.com...es-elbow-injury

#298 SouthRider

SouthRider

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 726 posts

Posted 24 January 2023 - 09:15 AM

Stefon Diggs doubles down after yelling at Josh Allen, storming out in Bills loss: 'Want me to be okay with losing?' (msn.com)

Yes, Stefon.  We want you to lose gracefully with respect to your opponent and teammates.  I'm so tired of these petulant athletes.  Allen did the right thing by ignoring him on the sidelines. 

#299 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,380 posts

Posted 24 January 2023 - 09:52 AM

Stefon Diggs doubles down after yelling at Josh Allen, storming out in Bills loss: 'Want me to be okay with losing?' (msn.com)

Yes, Stefon.  We want you to lose gracefully with respect to your opponent and teammates.  I'm so tired of these petulant athletes.  Allen did the right thing by ignoring him on the sidelines. 

Agreed. Allen engaging Diggs in *any* fashion there would only undermine his position of leadership on that team. 

#300 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,575 posts

Posted 04 June 2023 - 08:50 AM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=