#42 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 13 September 2021 - 01:48 PM

Nice to see Stowers get it going.  I think there will be 2 outfield spots available next year, including a starting spot.  Stowers and Neustrom may get first crack.

• BobPhelan likes this
@mikeghg

#43 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,686 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 13 September 2021 - 02:08 PM

Nice to see Stowers get it going.  I think there will be 2 outfield spots available next year, including a starting spot.  Stowers and Neustrom may get first crack.

Obviously Mullins is a starter, whos you other starter coming back Hays?

#44 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,058 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 17 September 2021 - 10:26 AM

I think you have to pencil in Hays as a starter. Any player can be jumped but I think he and Mullins is 2/3 of a very good OF.

#45 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,498 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 17 September 2021 - 11:30 AM

Hays, Mullins, Santander, McKenna. Hope Santander starts hot, trade him and bring up Stowers.

#46 dude

dude

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,592 posts
  • LocationColumbus, GA

Posted 17 September 2021 - 12:37 PM

Hays, Mullins, Santander, McKenna. Hope Santander starts hot, trade him and bring up Stowers.

Santander doesn't make it to opening day.

Hays, Mullins, Stewart with McKenna and Stowers is next in when they're ready.

#47 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,137 posts

Posted 17 September 2021 - 01:57 PM

I'd highly doubt Stewart is around next year and Santander is not.

#48 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,498 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 04 October 2021 - 08:58 AM

AAA: .272 (.773), 10 R, 2 doubles, 3 HR, 11 RBI, 12 BB, 1 SB

Walk Rate: 12.9%

Strikeout Rate: 34.4%

ISO: .136

wRC+: 113

AA: .281 (.915), 33 R, 14 doubles, 14 HR, 35 RBI, 32 BB, 3 SB

Walk Rate: 12.3%

Strikeout Rate: 30.4%

ISO: .278

wRC+: 152

A+: .275 (.900), 25 R, 6 doubles, 1 triple, 7 HR, 32 RBI, 27 BB, 3 SB

Walk Rate: 16.8%

Strikeout Rate: 34.2%

ISO: .221

wRC+: 139

#49 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,717 posts

Posted 13 October 2021 - 07:34 AM

MASN: After big ‘21 season, Kyle Stowers heads to AFL

https://www.masnspor...to-the-afl.html

#50 dude

dude

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,592 posts
  • LocationColumbus, GA

Posted 24 October 2021 - 08:20 AM

from Roch's column....

Outfield prospect Kyle Stowers is leaving the Arizona Fall League due to a minor lower back injury, according to the Orioles.

This is a precautionary move to make certain that Stowers is ready for spring training and has a normal timeline for his offseason program.

Stowers, the organization’s co-Minor League Player of the Year with Rutshman, was 2-for-10 with a double, RBI, two walks, six strikeouts and two runs scored with the Mesa Solar Sox.

#51 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,717 posts

Posted 23 March 2022 - 08:28 AM

Balt Sun: Kyle Stowers’ ‘easy power’ means Orioles prospect won’t be a surprise much longer

#52 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 23 March 2022 - 09:02 AM

Balt Sun: Kyle Stowers’ ‘easy power’ means Orioles prospect won’t be a surprise much longer

It really does not mean anything in ST, especially this early but it is nice to see Stowers have quick success.  I suspect they will trade Santander and get the payroll down a little lower.

@mikeghg

#53 dude

dude

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,592 posts
  • LocationColumbus, GA

Posted 26 March 2022 - 09:49 AM

It really does not mean anything in ST, especially this early but it is nice to see Stowers have quick success.  I suspect they will trade Santander and get the payroll down a little lower.

I'd be OK considering this a baseball move, even though it will have the primary desire of the ownership.

We don't 'need' Stowers or Cowser or Kjerstad for that matter.  You could lock in Hays, Mullins and Santander for the next 4-7 years fairly easily and I'd be OK with that as a competitive OF.  You never needed a top pick to accomplish that.

....but if you tell me you want Stowers (2-71 in '19) in RF and he has big power and emerging tools and a tool box worth getting too, I'm ok with that too.  You walk into that opportunity intelligently, but you have to give him extended opportunity to get there.  You control his service through 2028 and again, it would be easy to tack years into that (at some point, not now) if you wanted.

If you tell me you want Kjerstad to play RF, I don't need to waste time developing a guy when I've got a baked product (AS) already in RF.  

If we want to get to Stowers in early 2022, let's do that.  Trade Santander now.  Santander isn't going to have more value 45 days from now, he'll most likely have no value.  There's some case where he'll have more value, but it will be the least likely case.  We aren't competing so whether DJ Stewart stands in RF for 45 days or 72 days doesn't really matter.  Stewarts value can only go up (because he starts at zero) Santander's can go down (because he has some value).

Losing and deferring decisions is the only thing that is dumb.  You always get to decisions, waiting doesn't mean you'll be more right, it's just a different decision.

#54 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,311 posts

Posted 27 March 2022 - 08:12 AM

Locking in Hays and Santander for the next 4-7 years is not wise. Lkely not  wise to do it for Mullins if we are talking about 6-7 years. You say Santander is fully baked and you want to lock what he is now, fully baked, in for 4-7 years? Come on man.

#55 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,717 posts

Posted 27 March 2022 - 08:24 AM

Santander gets 2 months, and if he produces - great.  If he doesn't, Stowers takes over June 1st.

If you get nothing for Santander, that's fine.  His value isn't at some high now anyway. 

I'd rather keep him, and see what he does over April and May (and give Stowers 2 more months in the Minors) vs. trade Santander now for whatever, and start the season with Stowers in RF. 

#56 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,311 posts

Posted 27 March 2022 - 08:28 AM

Santander obviously isn't and shouldn't be in the long term plans. Do think you play him for a few months and see if he can raise his value a bit coming off a poor '21 season.

#57 dude

dude

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,592 posts
  • LocationColumbus, GA

Posted 27 March 2022 - 02:17 PM

Santander gets 2 months, and if he produces - great.  If he doesn't, Stowers takes over June 1st.

If you get nothing for Santander, that's fine.  His value isn't at some high now anyway. 

I'd rather keep him, and see what he does over April and May (and give Stowers 2 more months in the Minors) vs. trade Santander now for whatever, and start the season with Stowers in RF. 

Keeping everyone to get no value is the worst thing to do.

Stowers wouldn't start the season in Baltimore...he should absolutely start at AAA and you should bring him up before Adley (Super 2 line).  Stewart can start in RF until [whenever you want to bring up Stowers].  McKenna can get some run out there too as 4th OF.

You aren't trying to compete and Santander's value is least likely to go up.  I'm not saying a trade can't happen in May, but it's pretty rare that teams are giving anything up in May when you (the Orioles) have put yourself into a box.  Elias doesn't seem to have the relationships to get things done across the League.

#58 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,717 posts

Posted 27 March 2022 - 02:22 PM

Keeping everyone to get no value is the worst thing to do.

Stowers wouldn't start the season in Baltimore...he should absolutely start at AAA and you should bring him up before Adley (Super 2 line).  Stewart can start in RF until [whenever you want to bring up Stowers].  McKenna can get some run out there too as 4th OF.

You aren't trying to compete and Santander's value is least likely to go up.  I'm not saying a trade can't happen in May, but it's pretty rare that teams are giving anything up in May when you (the Orioles) have put yourself into a box.  Elias doesn't seem to have the relationships to get things done across the League.

I'm just not worried about the return for Santander.    Yes, something better than nothing... but I can deal with nothing if nothing is the end result... and I'd rather give him 2 months of regular ab's to begin the year, and see what he does with it vs. splitting time with Stewart and McKenna. 

That said, I have no real issue with what you've suggested here.  It's perfectly reasonable.

#59 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,058 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 27 March 2022 - 02:36 PM

At this point the most realistic value for Santander is to put him in RF so Stowers can spend a few more months getting polished in the minors. Even if Santander has a good two months we aren't getting much more than a lotto pick for him.

#60 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,426 posts

Posted 27 March 2022 - 02:45 PM

Unless the offers are better than I'm expecting I don't see the point in trading Santander right now. I wouldn't deal him yet for some fringe top-20 guy and I don't think he gets you a top-10. Maybe he has a big first half and improves his value, but even if not I don't see his value dropping a whole lot and I'd rather have him in the lineup.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=