Baltimore County Football

• Please log in to reply
211 replies to this topic

#181 aTribeCalledFSU

aTribeCalledFSU
  • Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 29 November 2019 - 01:26 PM

Head coach of the year is a toss up My HC Marvin Kadar or Coach Mike Savage FLAT out nobody ever gives credit were it's due..

If Coach Savage wins Coach of the Year, there will be a public relations crisis on the hands of Baltimore County Schools like it has never seen before.

It's an embarrassment and a joke that this is even a topic of conversation.

#182 oldballcoach

oldballcoach

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 590 posts

Posted 29 November 2019 - 01:35 PM

I agree can’t be coach of the year and do what was alleged. I would think Parkville HC would be a good candidate

#183 11ROVER

11ROVER
  • Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 29 November 2019 - 01:51 PM

I agree can’t be coach of the year and do what was alleged. I would think Parkville HC would be a good candidate

Has the Howard County ban been lifted on the Parkville coach?   

#184 aTribeCalledFSU

aTribeCalledFSU
  • Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 29 November 2019 - 02:01 PM

What ban are you referring to?

#185 11ROVER

11ROVER
  • Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 29 November 2019 - 02:56 PM

What ban are you referring to?

Was involved in a bench clearing brawl while coaching OM, Howard County banned him from coaching in the county. S*** happens, but if we’re excluding Savage then what’s the difference here?

#186 aTribeCalledFSU

aTribeCalledFSU
  • Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 29 November 2019 - 03:02 PM

Was involved in a bench clearing brawl while coaching OM, Howard County banned him from coaching in the county. S*** happens, but if we’re excluding Savage then what’s the difference here?

The difference is that in the example you just put forth, the coach received a penalty that fit the offense in which he was involved.

The problem folks have with the New Town situation is that NO PENALTY (zero.... zilch.... nada) has been levied against the perpetrator of the cheating. Making the team forfeit a game affects the team, not the coach specifically.

That he hasn't been punished (at all) and is up for discussion for Coach of the Year is an embarrassment to BCPS and the MPSSA.

#187 11ROVER

11ROVER
  • Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 29 November 2019 - 03:45 PM

The difference is that in the example you just put forth, the coach received a penalty that fit the offense in which he was involved.

The problem folks have with the New Town situation is that NO PENALTY (zero.... zilch.... nada) has been levied against the perpetrator of the cheating. Making the team forfeit a game affects the team, not the coach specifically.

That he hasn't been punished (at all) and is up for discussion for Coach of the Year is an embarrassment to BCPS and the MPSSA.

Hey I agree with you 100%, if you look at my posts on this I can’t believe he’s still coaching. But if balt cty is willing to hire a coach who’s been banned from another county, I can see why this will go untouched. Especially with the close relationships at the principle level an state ad level with the coach.

#188 oldballcoach

oldballcoach

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 590 posts

Posted 29 November 2019 - 06:19 PM

Hey I agree with you 100%, if you look at my posts on this I can’t believe he’s still coaching. But if balt cty is willing to hire a coach who’s been banned from another county, I can see why this will go untouched. Especially with the close relationships at the principle level an state ad level with the coach.

To be honest I did not know about the incident with the Parkville coach. However I tend to agree he has served his sentence and if he’s done a good job he’s done a good job.

I did not follow this what exactly did he get banned for specifically?

#189 ECF

ECF
  • Members
  • 238 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 01 December 2019 - 09:16 PM

Heard its a lifetime ban

East

Coast

Fan

#190 Ojielo

Ojielo
  • Members
  • 261 posts

Posted 02 December 2019 - 02:02 PM

Heard its a lifetime ban

We are better than our biggest mistake.  Give the guy a chance.  Seemed to have done a good job at Parkville

Marine Corps Sniper...One Shot One Kill

#191 oldballcoach

oldballcoach

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 590 posts

Posted 02 December 2019 - 02:10 PM

We are better than our biggest mistake. Give the guy a chance. Seemed to have done a good job at Parkville

Does anyone know what he was banned for must have been pretty bad? Don’t know the situation just asking. I would agree people deserve second chance only issue could be if it involves putting hands on a kid

#192 BSLWillieSeanCoughlan

BSLWillieSeanCoughlan

BSL HS Analyst

• Members
  • Pip
  • 676 posts

Posted 02 December 2019 - 07:01 PM

There is no lifetime ban. He did not serve any sentence. I’ve known Justin for 40+ years, he’s a great guy. He and his brothers were one of the first kids I met when I moved from Chicago, and they from Minneapolis. He last coached in Howard County nearly 20 years ago. Before he turned around the Parkville program, he assisted at Woodlawn and Milford Mill. Ask Coach Reggie White about Justin, not someone that is asking questions about him. It’s obvious, they don’t know him.
@aka_themamba

#193 oldballcoach

oldballcoach

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 590 posts

Posted 02 December 2019 - 08:05 PM

There is no lifetime ban. He did not serve any sentence. I’ve known Justin for 40+ years, he’s a great guy. He and his brothers were one of the first kids I met when I moved from Chicago, and they from Minneapolis. He last coached in Howard County nearly 20 years ago. Before he turned around the Parkville program, he assisted at Woodlawn and Milford Mill. Ask Coach Reggie White about Justin, not someone that is asking questions about him. It’s obvious, they don’t know him.

That’s the info I was wondering about I had no idea about the ban mentioned or coaches background

#194 ECF

ECF
  • Members
  • 238 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 02 December 2019 - 10:06 PM

That’s the info I was wondering about I had no idea about the ban mentioned or coaches background

From my understanding there was a brawl between OM and LR some years ago during the Pete Hughes era and he put his hands on a player...

East

Coast

Fan

#195 BSLWillieSeanCoughlan

BSLWillieSeanCoughlan

BSL HS Analyst

• Members
  • Pip
  • 676 posts

Posted 02 December 2019 - 10:44 PM

There was a brawl between the Scorpions and Lightning, 20 years ago, when the late Ken Hovet coached OM. If there was anything egregious, he would never would have worked at another school again. Instead, and it’s obvious to anyone that is paying attention, he’s worked at three schools since. They played at Hammond this year. No ban, no sentence, just a guy that coached his team to a 11-1 record and best season in school history.

I wish people on here would actually post about things that actually have to do with football with as gusto and fervor as they do with the gossip, inaccuracies, and overall foolishness that inundates the board from late November through next August. . One could just look at the MIAA posters and realize foolishness outnumbers actual football talk, and has for a number of years. You get the feeling these people live miserable lives, drowning in negativity. I hope, for their sake, it’s not true.
@aka_themamba

#196 11ROVER

11ROVER
  • Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 02 December 2019 - 11:10 PM

From my understanding there was a brawl between OM and LR some years ago during the Pete Hughes era and he put his hands on a player...

Never put hands on a kid, sidelines emptied slammed a LR coach. S*** happens everyone has crap in the closet so no doesn’t make him a bad guy. We can go back an forth but he can not coach at a Howard county school. My point in all this is not do with him but what one county/school frowns on another might not. Maybe Balt county/New Town might not look at this incident as that serious?

#197 BSLWillieSeanCoughlan

BSLWillieSeanCoughlan

BSL HS Analyst

• Members
  • Pip
  • 676 posts

Posted 02 December 2019 - 11:27 PM

Never put hands on a kid, sidelines emptied slammed a LR coach. S*** happens everyone has crap in the closet so no doesn’t make him a bad guy. We can go back an forth but he can not coach at a Howard county school. My point in all this is not do with him but what one county/school frowns on another might not. Maybe Balt county/New Town might not look at this incident as that serious?

Was it you he slammed? You make no sense. You say this isn’t about him, yet you ask a question, then answer your own question three posts later, knowing you or anyone else could not prove one way or another any allegation you suggest happened nearly 20 years ago. Which is it? Do you know or not know? LOL!
@aka_themamba

#198 oldballcoach

oldballcoach

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 590 posts

Posted 02 December 2019 - 11:53 PM

If he and another coach got into it who cares he probably got disciplined move on let the man coach. I am sure he was younger at that point we all get hot headed especially as 20 somethings.

Do agree in public schools rules aren’t always applied evenly but that is all walks of life

#199 BSLWillieSeanCoughlan

BSLWillieSeanCoughlan

BSL HS Analyst

• Members
  • Pip
  • 676 posts

Posted 03 December 2019 - 05:11 AM

If he and another coach got into it who cares he probably got disciplined move on let the man coach. I am sure he was younger at that point we all get hot headed especially as 20 somethings.

Do agree in public schools rules aren’t always applied evenly but that is all walks of life

The man is coaching, and has been for years since. Maybe 11 still feels victimized and traumatized from the incident, 20 years later, who knows? Getting slammed can’t be fun. I’ll leave it alone, and you guys can continue with the nonsense.
@aka_themamba

#200 11ROVER

11ROVER
  • Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 03 December 2019 - 06:40 AM

Was it you he slammed? You make no sense. You say this isn’t about him, yet you ask a question, then answer your own question three posts later, knowing you or anyone else could not prove one way or another any allegation you suggest happened nearly 20 years ago. Which is it? Do you know or not know? LOL!

Yes I know, are the facts wrong I stated? I understand you went to high school with him so you’re having a hard time to separate yourself from it as a friend/“contributor”. If you read what I posted it’s about New Town an I brought this incident up. Sorry I hit a nerve with you, next time I’ll use anything other than OM so you don’t get all bent out of shape 😉.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=