79 replies to this topic

#61 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,234 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:34 PM

Sproles or Daniel Thomas?

Sproles practiced fully today, so he should be good to go on Sunday vs. the Raiders.

But, I need to decide now because Thomas plays the Bills tonight.

#62 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,757 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:55 AM

I need two WR and a flex out of the following group of 5:

WR Julio Jones
WR Mike Wallace
WR Dez Bryant
WR Lance Moore
RB Rashard Mendenhall

I'm leaning towards the top 3, even with Jones being limited and Wallace having to deal with Leftwich at QB. Anyone else wanna weight in?

#63 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,234 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:14 PM

WR Julio Jones
WR Mike Wallace
WR Dez Bryant
WR Lance Moore
RB Rashard Mendenhall

I'm leaning towards the top 3, even with Jones being limited and Wallace having to deal with Leftwich at QB. Anyone else wanna weight in?

I agree with you. I see Mendenhall splitting carries at best. Lance Moore could get some looks against a shoddy Raiders D, so if you're worried about Jones/Wallace, I'd sub him in there. Dez starts regardless.

#64 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:45 PM

WR Julio Jones
WR Mike Wallace
WR Dez Bryant
WR Lance Moore
RB Rashard Mendenhall

I like jones, Moore and Bryant.

#65 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,377 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:58 PM

I like jones, Moore and Bryant.

Haden is out for the Browns, their Oline (running game) is in shambles, so Cowboys will throw all day.

Jones is playing limited reps today, they will try to keep him healthy and won't play him a ton.
Wallace is a wild card, he's the best PIT WR, but who knows how much they will throw, even though Lefty has the arm for it. Could lead to a heavy dose of the PIT RB game. Moore is pretty solid, I'd play him and Bryant, and probably flip a coin on the other 3.
@JeremyMStrain

#66 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,234 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:07 AM

Stafford against a strong Texans defense but they had a terrible performance vs. Henne and the Jags last week (game today) or Luck against the Bills (Sunday).

#67 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,471 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:55 AM

Failed to check my fantasy roster yesterday and had Dez Bryant on the bench in favor of Brian Hartline. Good stuff.

#68 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,757 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:42 AM

Work league playoffs. Need one RB, one WR, and two flex:

Jamaal Charles, Matt Forte, CJ Spiller, Pierre Garcon, Greg Jennings, Lance Moore

Leaning towards all 3 RBs and Garcon. If Nelson is out, though, Jennings becomes pretty attractive. Forte scored last week, but that was his first TD in the last four weeks, and last time against Minnesota he had a <4 point game.

#69 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,078 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:03 PM

So, I played BSL poster Brobey in the first round of the playoffs of our Fantasy league... and lost 179.16 to 59.88.

That was fun!

#70 Icterus galbula

Icterus galbula

Half-Member, Half-Amazing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,224 posts
  • LocationThe Big Easy

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:52 AM

RGIII has been a main reason for my team's success, but do I ditch the horse that brought me and start Josh Freeman in New Orleans instead?

#71 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,377 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:58 PM

RGIII has been a main reason for my team's success, but do I ditch the horse that brought me and start Josh Freeman in New Orleans instead?

Yes. Still a real good chance he doesn't play this week, and Freeman is facing the worst Pass Defense in the NFL. Last time they played I think he threw for 300+ and 3 TD.
  • Icterus galbula likes this
@JeremyMStrain

#72 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,377 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:01 PM

Work league playoffs. Need one RB, one WR, and two flex:

Jamaal Charles, Matt Forte, CJ Spiller, Pierre Garcon, Greg Jennings, Lance Moore

Leaning towards all 3 RBs and Garcon. If Nelson is out, though, Jennings becomes pretty attractive. Forte scored last week, but that was his first TD in the last four weeks, and last time against Minnesota he had a <4 point game.

Spiller, and Moore for sure. Jackson is out so Spiller is 100% of the carries, and Moore has been solid all year and has the 2nd worst pass defense in the NFL this week. The 3rd spot I'd probably lean Forte because GB has some injuries on D, and you don't want Jennings facing the best pass defense in the NFL.
@JeremyMStrain

#73 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,757 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:17 PM

Spiller, and Moore for sure. Jackson is out so Spiller is 100% of the carries, and Moore has been solid all year and has the 2nd worst pass defense in the NFL this week. The 3rd spot I'd probably lean Forte because GB has some injuries on D, and you don't want Jennings facing the best pass defense in the NFL.

That post was from last week. I went with Forte and Jennings and sat Garcon and Moore. Garcon had that late TD to be the best of the group, but I still won (handily) anyways.

This week my debate is just between Garcon, Moore, and Jennings for WR. Forte is getting a flex spot, and Charles and Spiller are studs now, so since none of the WR are great plays I'm just gonna play one of them. Heavily leaning towards Moore against a week TB pass defense. He went for 120+ yards against them last time. RGIII's injury doubts and GB going against Chicago (with Nelson likely coming back) lower my expectations for Garcon and Jennings.

#74 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,377 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:24 PM

That post was from last week. I went with Forte and Jennings and sat Garcon and Moore. Garcon had that late TD to be the best of the group, but I still won (handily) anyways.

This week my debate is just between Garcon, Moore, and Jennings for WR. Forte is getting a flex spot, and Charles and Spiller are studs now, so since none of the WR are great plays I'm just gonna play one of them. Heavily leaning towards Moore against a week TB pass defense. He went for 120+ yards against them last time. RGIII's injury doubts and GB going against Chicago (with Nelson likely coming back) lower my expectations for Garcon and Jennings.

Ah my bad, missed this one. Drawback of only looking at the most recent posts when I load the forum.

Yeah I think Moore will play nice, I have him, Colston and Sproles in my money league against TB but I'm trying to decide if I want to play 3 guys from one offense. If NO has a bad day, I lose.

I've got M. Leshoure against AZ, Moreno against BAL, Sproles, Moore and Colston against TB and A. Johnson against IND I'm choosing between. I've got 2 RB, 2WR and a Flex spot so someone has to sit.
@JeremyMStrain

#75 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,757 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:34 PM

I've got M. Leshoure against AZ, Moreno against BAL, Sproles, Moore and Colston against TB and A. Johnson against IND I'm choosing between. I've got 2 RB, 2WR and a Flex spot so someone has to sit.

I'd sit Moore or LeShoure. Probably Moore. I don't like rolling with 3 guys from the same team, even a team that should score a lot like NO. I typically lean towards backs too, since I like the surer bet for a decent amount of points over the boom or bust of WR. Johnson, Colston, and Moreno should be definite plays, IMO. The other three are all pretty similar, so just pick your two favorites.

#76 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,377 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:36 PM

I'd sit Moore or LeShoure. Probably Moore. I don't like rolling with 3 guys from the same team, even a team that should score a lot like NO. I typically lean towards backs too, since I like the surer bet for a decent amount of points over the boom or bust of WR. Johnson, Colston, and Moreno should be definite plays, IMO. The other three are all pretty similar, so just pick your two favorites.

Yeah it's too many players from one team for me too, but during the bye-week portion of the season, having all 3 of them in the lineup won me more than I lost. Moore has put up 25+ points on my bench a couple times now (PPR league). Leshoure is facing one of the worst run defenses in the league this week, so I expect him to get a healthy dose of touches. It's really between Sproles and Moore I think, but I'm so torn.
@JeremyMStrain

#77 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,757 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:43 PM

Yeah it's too many players from one team for me too, but during the bye-week portion of the season, having all 3 of them in the lineup won me more than I lost. Moore has put up 25+ points on my bench a couple times now (PPR league). Leshoure is facing one of the worst run defenses in the league this week, so I expect him to get a healthy dose of touches. It's really between Sproles and Moore I think, but I'm so torn.

If it's PPR then sit Leshoure and roll with Moore and Sproles. Definitely, IMO.

#78 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,757 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:44 PM

You may not get big games from both Moore and Sproles, but one of them will certainly be the best out of the three you are deciding from. I think you've got a better shot rolling with both Saints than hoping you pick the right Saint and having Leshoure as your other option.

#79 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,377 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:44 PM

If it's PPR then sit Leshoure and roll with Moore and Sproles. Definitely, IMO.

Hmmmm ok.
@JeremyMStrain

#80 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,580 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:45 PM

Semi finals with money on the line...

Flacco or Romo
Two of Calvin Johnson, Roddy White, Reggie Wayne, D. Alexander, Greg Jennings