Former HS Locals

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 Oldtime

Oldtime
  • Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 15 October 2020 - 04:29 AM

Former Damascus lineman current Wake Forest Center, Michael Jurgens, is named to to Rimington Watch List

#22 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 15 October 2020 - 09:41 AM

I love the transfer portal. It gives guys who have had injuries and who are buried on the depth chart to get a fresh start.

transfer portal, sounds like something from Star Trek, beam me up Scotty.

#23 BSLWillieSeanCoughlan

BSLWillieSeanCoughlan

BSL HS Analyst

• Members
  • Pip
  • 676 posts

Posted 20 November 2020 - 10:03 PM

https://www.hoopsrum...g-nba-deal.html

I’m very happy for Greg, who has been one of my nephew Mo’s (College Recruiting Coordinator/Scout for the Indianapolis Colts) best friends since they were 8. From the post-season of 2011, when he led the Scorpions to the regional final game, basketball power brokers have witnessed the ‘3 and D’ talent he possesses.

That regional week, the gym on Kilimanjaro was sold out and the doors were locked at 6:00 (7:00 tip) on Monday, 5:30 on Wednesday, and 5:00 on Friday, two hours before the game even started, but ‘Big John’ Thompson and Gary Williams managed to get in, and keep their bids alive for his services. He thrived in his sophomore season at Georgetown, before injuries and a fallout with John Thompson III ended his college career. Since, he averaged double-digits for the Heat in a pre-season several years ago, and showcased his talent overseas, in Australia, Japan and Israel, to gain a re-look.

Last week, Nuggets Coach Mike Malone, the Nuggets GM and President all came to Maryland to work him out, and obviously, liked what they saw. I’m hoping Greg, now 27, makes the most of this opportunity, and becomes just the third Howard County player (Perry Young and Terry Dozier) to play in the NBA, with a great chance to be the longest tenured of the three.

Greg was a unique kid, and didn’t really follow the game like many of us less talented did growing up. I remember him being over to the house shortly after he signed with Georgetown, and I mentioned playing in the Carrier Dome, a place he said he had never heard of. Well, for a fan of the game like me, that was unreal. Until then. I think that’s what helped Greg early on. He was never in awe of anyone, largely because he had no idea of who anyone was. It’s been a long time since he was the tall, gangly kid on the Columbia Ravens 8U team.
  • BSLChrisStoner, Mike B and ShoNuff07 like this
@aka_themamba

#24 BSLWillieSeanCoughlan

BSLWillieSeanCoughlan

BSL HS Analyst

• Members
  • Pip
  • 676 posts

Posted 25 November 2020 - 04:43 AM

It’s official. https://www.baltimor...?outputType=amp
  • ShoNuff07 likes this
@aka_themamba

#25 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,627 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 25 November 2020 - 10:36 AM

Pretty good story.  I remember him from Georgetown.  Hope he does well and sticks on the Nuggets roster.

• BSLWillieSeanCoughlan and ShoNuff07 like this
@mikeghg

#26 ShoNuff07

ShoNuff07
  • Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 26 November 2020 - 09:35 PM

I hope he sticks and have a career in the NBA.  Good story.

• BSLWillieSeanCoughlan likes this

#27 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,077 posts

Posted 11 December 2020 - 08:51 AM

Balt SunFormer Poly star Justin Lewis off to thrilling start with Marquette: ‘Big-time player making big-time plays’

#28 BSLWillieSeanCoughlan

BSLWillieSeanCoughlan

BSL HS Analyst

• Members
  • Pip
  • 676 posts

Posted 16 December 2020 - 03:27 PM

Franklin safety Daymon David has signed an NLI with the Oregon Ducks.
@aka_themamba

#29 BSLWillieSeanCoughlan

BSLWillieSeanCoughlan

BSL HS Analyst

• Members
  • Pip
  • 676 posts

Posted 21 December 2020 - 09:17 AM

Balt Sun: Former Poly star Justin Lewis off to thrilling start with Marquette: ‘Big-time player making big-time plays’

Solid ‘first third’ for Lewis. The freshman is averaging 8.6 points and 6.6 rebounds per game in the first 9 games for the Golden Eagles, while shooting 38.5% beyond the arc, in just over 20 minutes per game.
@aka_themamba

#30 JBMAD

JBMAD
  • Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 21 December 2020 - 09:45 AM

Solid ‘first third’ for Lewis. The freshman is averaging 8.6 points and 6.6 rebounds per game in the first 9 games for the Golden Eagles, while shooting 38.5% beyond the arc, in just over 20 minutes per game.

Best thing he ever did was leave Calvert Hall

#31 BSLWillieSeanCoughlan

BSLWillieSeanCoughlan

BSL HS Analyst

• Members
  • Pip
  • 676 posts

Posted 31 December 2020 - 01:04 PM

Two players from the 2019 @BmoreSportsLife All-MPSSAA team have been named to 247’s True Freshman All-American team. Damascus’ Bryan Bresee (Clemson), who was also named to the All-ACC Freshman team, and Tuscarora’s Jordan Addison (Pitt), who led all CFB freshman with 60 receptions.

https://247sports.co...impression=true
  • BSLChrisStoner likes this
@aka_themamba

#32 Oldtime

Oldtime
  • Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 01 January 2021 - 08:41 PM

Dorian Strong VT is from Wise in PG.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors