• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,720 posts

Posted 07 February 2019 - 05:24 PM

Which programs (Basketball & Football) throughout the Metro (Anne Arundel, City, County, Carroll, Harford, Howard, and Private) do you think should be better? Or could be better with stronger coaching and structure in-place? 

What do you think those programs need?

#2 Stallion77

Stallion77
  • Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 07 February 2019 - 05:30 PM

Which programs (Basketball & Football) throughout the Metro (Anne Arundel, City, County, Carroll, Harford, Howard, and Private) do you think should be better? Or could be better with stronger coaching and structure in-place?

What do you think those programs need?

I think Poly could be a lot better in football with better recruiting. Poly could appeal to those kids that would love private but can't afford it.

Calvert Hall in all sports. They are the biggest Catholic school in the area with the most male students and with such a large pool to choose from it should be reflected in their sports programs.

#3 SaintBull

SaintBull
  • Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 07 February 2019 - 06:00 PM

Wouldn’t be surprised if Randallstown starts to make noise again in Baltimore County. With the new divisions they don’t play any of the big boys and we all know there’s talent there. I don’t have any inside info or anything, just a thought.

#4 Gooch

Gooch

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 741 posts

Posted 07 February 2019 - 09:09 PM

I think Poly could be a lot better in football with better recruiting. Poly could appeal to those kids that would love private but can't afford it.

Calvert Hall in all sports. They are the biggest Catholic school in the area with the most male students and with such a large pool to choose from it should be reflected in their sports programs.

Another dumb comment Tragic. See your new to this, I’m true to this.

Last I checked C Hall has won a bcl ship in b-ball in the past 5 years. They’ve lost to your jv teams in the ship the last several years. They had a varsity team this year finish 12 and 1 and top 5 in the state. A lacrosse team that’s top 5 in the country.

A baseball team that’s always in the hunt for the ship.

A soccer team that’s always in the hunt for a ship.

And a track and field team that wins in the MIAA.

So I’m confused with your statement Tragic.

And as for Poly you used the word recruit for a public school. I think you have things wrong.

Oh yeah Poly has academic standards also maybe that’s why their football team struggle. Unlike y’all with no standards 🤔

#5 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,373 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 08 February 2019 - 09:40 AM

I'd love to see private schools play the public schools more often than the one off scrimmage here or there. Kinda what you were alluding to here, that because it's a private school with a lot of males it should be good at sports. I think there's a lot of public schools out there that are either good schools so it's stupid to send them to a private school and waste the money or in areas where people can't afford to send their kids to private and both of them will have phenomenal athletic talent. I just wish there was a way to set that bar and show if one is actually superior to the other.

Now given, some public schools would get waxed and shouldn't be in the conversation but I've always been curious with the more high profile private school athletes that go on to be stars, are they that way naturally and it would happen no matter where they go or are they just given more opportunity to shine and are equal to some public talents that won't get the attention?

Just something I've always debated. I grew up in PG county, so you always had the typical WCAC kids, but I've seen others that were just as dominant and then just disappeared after HS instead of moving on. (Unless they were tied into the AAU scene), talking basketball by the way...only a handful of quality football players through the years, but here or there I guess.

@JeremyMStrain

#6 Stallion77

Stallion77
  • Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 08 February 2019 - 02:20 PM

Last I checked C Hall has won a bcl ship in b-ball in the past 5 years. They’ve lost to your jv teams in the ship the last several years. They had a varsity team this year finish 12 and 1 and top 5 in the state. A lacrosse team that’s top 5 in the country.

And as for Poly you used the word recruit for a public school. I think you have things wrong.

Oh yeah Poly has academic standards also maybe that’s why their football team struggle. Unlike y’all with no standards 🤔

You sound like a coach for Calvert Hall. Lol. And Chris said football and basketball. Lmbo. I must've hit a nerve when I said Calvert Hall. Lmbo🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

#7 Stallion77

Stallion77
  • Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 08 February 2019 - 02:23 PM

By the way with city choice you can recruit. Maybe Calvert Hall should recruit better. And talking about buck dancing, what goes on at Calvert Hall. Lmbo🤣🤣🤣🤣 But you should know.

#8 Gooch

Gooch

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 741 posts

Posted 08 February 2019 - 02:32 PM

By the way with city choice you can recruit. Maybe Calvert Hall should recruit better. And talking about buck dancing, what goes on at Calvert Hall. Lmbo🤣🤣🤣🤣 But you should know.

Now that’s something we can agree on it sure is a lot of buck dancing going on at C Hall but I think the I my difference is in their case from yours is they are highly paid and you don’t get a coin

#9 Gooch

Gooch

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 741 posts

Posted 08 February 2019 - 02:38 PM

You sound like a coach for Calvert Hall. Lol. And Chris said football and basketball. Lmbo. I must've hit a nerve when I said Calvert Hall. Lmbo🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I would rather shovel 💩 than coach at C Hall but that’s me I know it’s killing you that I’m exposing how much of a fraud you are and you just hopped on the SF bandwagon looking for a handout . I know Chris said B-ball and Football but I’m not going let a guy like you take a shot at any school on this forum because your not qualified too

#10 Stallion77

Stallion77
  • Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 08 February 2019 - 02:51 PM

I would rather shovel 💩 than coach at C Hall but that’s me I know it’s killing you that I’m exposing how much of a fraud you are and you just hopped on the SF bandwagon looking for a handout . I know Chris said B-ball and Football but I’m not going let a guy like you take a shot at any school on this forum because your not qualified too

And you qualified. Lls🤣🤣🤣🤣 Where do you coach at? BTW I was at St. Frances when Messay took the job. Get your facts straight Mr. Inside Scoop

#11 Gooch

Gooch

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 741 posts

Posted 08 February 2019 - 02:54 PM

And you qualified. Lls🤣🤣🤣🤣 Where do you coach at? BTW I was at St. Frances when Messay took the job. Get your facts straight Mr. Inside Scoop

That’s a damn lie and you know it The Rev is the only guy left off the old regime

#12 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,373 posts

Posted 08 February 2019 - 02:56 PM

Pssst...this is that back and forth crap we said to knock off. No one wants to read you guys taking shots at each other. Cut it out. Please.

• ECF likes this
@JeremyMStrain

#13 Gooch

Gooch

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 741 posts

Posted 08 February 2019 - 02:58 PM

Pssst...this is that back and forth crap we said to knock off. No one wants to read you guys taking shots at each other. Cut it out. Please.

Will Do

#14 Stallion77

Stallion77
  • Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 08 February 2019 - 03:06 PM

Jeremy I truly apologize. Just get upset with the lies. I will do better

#15 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,373 posts

Posted 08 February 2019 - 03:11 PM

Thanks guys, I really appreciate it.

I've also been guilty of getting caught up in the back and forth and getting worked up over stuff, so I completely get it, but I really appreciate the effort guys. Thanks.

@JeremyMStrain

#16 SaintBull

SaintBull
  • Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 08 February 2019 - 10:13 PM

News flash...it’s not going to stop.
  • ECF likes this

#17 oldballcoach

oldballcoach

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 590 posts

Posted 08 February 2019 - 11:51 PM

Yea have to say agree with Gooch and St Bull.
  • ECF likes this

#18 SaintBull

SaintBull
  • Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 12:04 PM

The kid that was at Towson in 17 then Mervo in 18 is apparently changing schools again.  If he ends up back at Towson they could be a sleeping giant.   

#19 Scoutbmore

Scoutbmore
  • Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 01:16 PM

The kid that was at Towson in 17 then Mervo in 18 is apparently changing schools again.  If he ends up back at Towson they could be a sleeping giant.   

I dont think so

#20 SaintBull

SaintBull
  • Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 04:35 PM

Don't think he ends up back at Towson?  Or don't think they are a sleeping giant despite his return?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=