#21 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,295 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 03 March 2019 - 11:50 PM

Pick #  Team  New selection  (# that player was selected)                                       Actual selection

1. Philadelphia: Ben Simmons (1)                                                                               Ben Simmons                              

2. LAL: Jamal Murray (7)                                                                                           Brandon Ingram

3. Boston: Pascal Siakam (27)                                                                                      Jaylen Brown

4. Phoenix: Buddy Hield (6)                                                                                       Dragan Bender

5. Minnesota: Malcolm Brogdon (36)                                                                           Khris Dunn                                   

6. New Orleans:  Brandon Ingram (2)                                                                           Buddy Hield                                

7. Denver: Jaylen Brown (3)                                                                                       Jamal Murray                                

8. Sacramento: Domantas Sabonis (11)                                                                   Marquisse Chriss                      

9. Toronto: Caris LeVert (20)                                                                                        Jacob Poeltl                                 

10.  Milwaukee: Malik Beasley (19)                                                                              Thon Maker                             

11. Orlando: Dejounte Murray (29)                                                                            Damonis Sabonis

12. Utah: Taureen Prince (12)                                                                                       Taurean Prince 

13. Phoenix: Khris Dunn (5)                                                                                   Georgios Papagiannis

Biggest Busts:

Dragan Bender (4)

Marquisse Chriss (8)

Great job Suns!

2-9 of this draft is very debatable as it includes guys that are pretty to very good with various and arguable upsides. Lots of potential 1-3 time all-stars in that group, but I think the top 2 I have here (Murray and Siakam) have the potential to be more than that and have already shown quite a bit. 

BTW, Jake Layman wasn't far off from making this lottery!

#22 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 04 March 2019 - 07:39 AM

When you look at Phoenix and ask yourself why do they suck so bad, pointing to this draft is a good start.

#23 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,278 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 04 March 2019 - 10:49 PM

When you look at Phoenix and ask yourself why do they suck so bad, pointing to this draft is a good start.

Segues into what I read today.

ESPN: Inside the Phoenix Suns' messy and dysfunctional front office

As is almost always the case, it starts with ownership. Still, I honestly LOL'd at the part about the goats.

#24 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,295 posts

Posted 22 March 2020 - 12:56 PM

Pick #  Team  New selection  (# that player was selected)                                       Actual selection

1. Cleveland:  Nikola Jokic (41)                                                                                  Andrew Wiggins

2. Milwaukee: Joel Embiid (3)                                                                                       Jabari Parker

3. Philadephia: Clint Capela (25)                                                                                   Joel Embiid

4. Orlando: Garry Harris (19)                                                                                        Aaron Gordon

5. Utah: Aaron Gordon (4)                                                                                              Dante Exum                                     

6. Boston: Jusuf Nurkic (16)                                                                                         Marcus Smart                                 

7. LAL: Julius Randle (7)                                                                                              Julius Randle

8. Sacramento: Zach LaVine (13)                                                                                    Nik Stauskas                        

9. Charlotte: Andrew Wiggins (1)                                                                                   Noah Vonleh                         

10. Philadelphia: Bogdan Bogdanovic (27)                                                                    Elfrid Payton                              

11. Denver: TJ Warren (14)                                                                                         Doug McDermott 

12. Orlando: Elfrid Payton (10)                                                                                        Dario Saric    

13. Minnesota: Jabri Parker (2)                                                                                      Zach Levine

Biggest Busts:

Parker (2)

Wiggins (1)

Exum (5)

Stauskas (8)

McDermott (11)

First off, the primary reason I have Jokic over Emiid is because if Cleveland were to have kept that pick, they would have needed the production the Joker provided in his first few years while Joel was mostly out. I think there is an argument for Jokic regardless of the team drafting him though, mostly due to durability, but also because Jokic is fantastic.

Besides those two guys, this draft was a disappointment with the busts at the top of the draft and really no especially good players taken in the lottery besides Embiid. Some great late value with Jokic obviously, but also Capela and even Bogdan, who has been good since coming over to the NBA. 

I'm going to re-evaluate some of these drafts and then get to more recent drafts.

Gary Harris has disappointed and he should go down to around #8.

Wiggins and Parker drop even further IMO. 

LaVine is rising.

I should have already had Marcus Smart on here, but he's probably worthy of a top 6 pick now since he has improved as a shooter / offensive player.

Dinwiddie has entered the picture as well, probably a little outside the top 5. 

So maybe something like this:

1. Jokic

2. Embiid

3. Capela

4. Gordon

5. LaVine

6. Smart

7. Dinwiddie

8. Randle

9. Nurkic

10. Bogdan

11. Warren

12. Gary Harris

13. Joe Harris

#25 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,295 posts

Posted 22 March 2020 - 01:12 PM

1. Minnesota: Karl Anthony Towns (1)                                                                     Karl Anthony Towns                         

2. LAL: Kristaps Porzingis (4)                                                                                     D'Angelo Russell

3. Philadephia: Devin Booker (13)                                                                                 Jahlil Okafor

4. NYK: D'Angelo Russell (2)                                                                                    Kristaps Porzingis

5. Orlando: Myles Turner (11)                                                                                      Mario Hezonja                         

6. Sacramento: Montezl Harrell (32)                                                                        Willie Cauley-Stein                            

7. Denver: Josh Richardson (40)                                                                              Emmanuel Mudiay

8. Detroit: Justise Winslow (10)                                                                                  Stanley Johnson                      

9. Charlotte: Willie Cauley-Stein (6)                                                                             Frank Kamisky                         

10. Miami: Terry Rozier (16)                                                                                        Justise Winslow                             

11. Indiana: Larry Nance Jr (27)                                                                                     Myles Turner

12. Utah:  Bobby Portis (22)                                                                                              Trey Lyles   

13. Phoenix: Rondae Hollis-Jefferson (23)                                                                     Devin Booker

Biggest Busts:

Jahlil Okafor (3)

Mario Hezonja (5)

If Porzingis completely recovers from his ACL injury, the top 4 guys here are pretty strong. It was hard to find guys to reward with the bottom few spots of the lottery, though.

Imagine how good Philly could have been if they drafted better. 

Obviously the Lakers had legit reasons to deal Russell, but they can't be too happy with how that's turning out at this point. 

This draft still looks shallow, but after the top 4, which isn't really that great, there are a decent amount of guys you'd like to have on your team, just not in substantial roles for the most part.

1. Towns

2. Porzingis

3. Booker

4. Russell

5. Harrell

6. Turner

7. Richardson

8. Powell

9. Rozier

10. Nance

11. Wright

12. Oubre

13. Winslow

#26 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,435 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 22 March 2020 - 01:26 PM

I'd probably take Russell over Booker at this point. 

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#27 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,295 posts

Posted 22 March 2020 - 01:31 PM

Pick # Team New selection (# that player was selected) Actual selection

1. Philadelphia: Ben Simmons (1) Ben Simmons

2. LAL: Jamal Murray (7) Brandon Ingram

3. Boston: Pascal Siakam (27) Jaylen Brown

4. Phoenix: Buddy Hield (6) Dragan Bender

5. Minnesota: Malcolm Brogdon (36) Khris Dunn

6. New Orleans: Brandon Ingram (2) Buddy Hield

7. Denver: Jaylen Brown (3) Jamal Murray

8. Sacramento: Domantas Sabonis (11) Marquisse Chriss

9. Toronto: Caris LeVert (20) Jacob Poeltl

10. Milwaukee: Malik Beasley (19) Thon Maker

11. Orlando: Dejounte Murray (29) Damonis Sabonis

12. Utah: Taureen Prince (12) Taurean Prince

13. Phoenix: Khris Dunn (5) Georgios Papagiannis

Biggest Busts:

Dragan Bender (4)

Marquisse Chriss (8)

Great job Suns!

2-9 of this draft is very debatable as it includes guys that are pretty to very good with various and arguable upsides. Lots of potential 1-3 time all-stars in that group, but I think the top 2 I have here (Murray and Siakam) have the potential to be more than that and have already shown quite a bit.

BTW, Jake Layman wasn't far off from making this lottery!

Some guys have really elevated their games in this group.

1. Simmons
2. Siakam
3. Ingram
4. Brown
5. Sabonis
6. Murray
7. Hield
8. Brogdon
9. LeVert
10. Beasley
11. Murray
12. Poltl
13. Zubac

Edit: I missed Fred VanVleet, who wasn't actually drafted. I'd put him at 9.

#28 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,295 posts

Posted 22 March 2020 - 01:35 PM

I'd probably take Russell over Booker at this point. 

I am trying to take into account what they did previously as well as who you'd prefer right now.

That said, I'd rather have Booker than Russell going forward, but it's close. 

• Pedro Cerrano likes this

#29 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,295 posts

Posted 22 March 2020 - 02:24 PM

Onto a draft that I didn't previosly re-draft...

1. Philadelphia:  Jayson Tatum                                                                                  Markelle Fultz                              

2. LAL: Bam Adebayo                                                                                                   Lonzo Ball

3. Boston: Donavan Mitchell                                                                                      Jayson Tatum

4. Phoenix: De'Aaron Fox                                                                                           Josh Jackson

5. Sacramento: John Collins                                                                                       De'Aaron Fox                                

6. Orlando: Lonzo Ball                                                                                               Jonathan Isaac                                 

7. Minnesota: Jonathan Isaac                                                                                  Lauri Markkannen                                

8. NYK: Jarrett Allen                                                                                                   Frank Ntilikina       

9. Dallas: Lauri Markkanen                                                                                           Dennis Smith                                 

10.  Sacramento: Thomas Bryant                                                                                  Zac Collins                             

11. Charlotte: Kyle Kuzma                                                                                             Malik Monk

12. Detroit: Luke Kennard                                                                                            Luke Kennard 

13. Denver: OG Anunoby                                                                                          Donavan Mitchell

Also in consideration: Derrick White, Monte Morris, Josh Hart, Josh Jackson, Markelle Fultz, Harry Giles

Biggest Busts: Markelle Fultz, Josh Jackson, Frank Ntilkiina, Dennis Smith

I'm sure many would disagree with my #2 pick, but he's a stud and can fit in with just about whatever you're doing roster and scheme wise. This is a very strong top 5 and I like that 6-9 group of guys a good amount as well. 

#30 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,295 posts

Posted 22 March 2020 - 03:06 PM

1. Phoenix: Luka Doncic                                                                                            Deandre Ayton

2. Sacramento:  Trae Young                                                                                     Marvin Bagley III

3. Atlanta: SGA                                                                                                             Luka Doncic

4. Memphis: Jaren Jackson Jr                                                                                   Jaren Jackson Jr

5. Dallas: Deandre Ayton                                                                                               Trae Young                   

6. Orlando: Michael Porter Jr                                                                                          Mo Bamba                                 

7. Chicago: Mitchell Robinson                                                                                      Wendell Carter                                

8. Cleveland:  Marvin Bagley III                                                                                     Colin Sexton       

9. NYK: Collin Sexton                                                                                                     Kevin Knox                   

10. Philadelphia: Donte DiVincenzo                                                                               Mikal Bridges                             

11. Charlotte: Mo Bamba                                                                                      Shai Gilgeous-Alexander

12. LAC:  Mikal Bridges                                                                                                  Miles Bridges

13. LAC:  Wendell Carter Jr                                                                                        Jerome Robinson

Biggest Busts: Too Early

#31 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,295 posts

Posted 24 March 2020 - 01:15 PM

It's too early for a 2019 re-draft, but overall I'd say the top picks are looking tremendous, but it's looking bleak otherwise. Of course there is time for guys to make progress, but most of the rest of the lottery looks disappointing so far. 

Coby White has looked good of late, and Herro, Washington, and Hayes look pretty good.

Brandon Clarke isn't the type of guy that gets picked in the top 5, but seems like a solid bet to end up in the top 5 in terms of value from this draft. Matisse Thybulle may also end up in that picture, even though the upside doesn't seem great. 

Kendrick Nunn is obviously playing very well for an undrafted guy.

#32 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,295 posts

Posted 30 March 2020 - 03:19 PM

They're doing re-drafts on Ringer pods starting with the '96 draft on Simmons' pod with Russillo as the guest.

#33 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,295 posts

Posted 31 March 2020 - 11:40 AM

Here's how they drafted (based on my memory) with Simmons picking the odds and Russillo the evens:

1 Kobe
2 Steve Nash
3 Ray Allen
4 Allen Iverson
5 Jermaine O'Neal
6 Marcus Camby
7 Ben Wallace
8 Peja Stojakovic
9 Stephon Marbury
10 Antoine Walker
11 Shareef Abdur-Rahim
12 Kerry Kittles
13 Zydrunas Ilgauskas
14 Derek Fisher

#34 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,435 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 31 March 2020 - 03:00 PM

I think I’d take Iverson over Ray Allen. Marbury also went too low. He was really damn good.

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#35 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,295 posts

Posted 31 March 2020 - 03:04 PM

I think I’d take Iverson over Ray Allen. Marbury also went too low. He was really damn good.

I'd take Allen over AI.

Agree that Marbury was too low.

#36 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 01 April 2020 - 06:57 AM

Allen, IMO had the better and longer career.  Also his teams accomplished more.

@mikeghg

#37 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,295 posts

Posted 09 April 2020 - 04:24 PM

While we have some more down time, would anyone be interested in participating in a draft of players throughout NBA history?

#38 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,295 posts

Posted 18 January 2022 - 06:25 PM

So I'll take that as a no lol.

Brian Winhorst and the Hoop Collective just did a pod drafting the top 10 players still on their rookie contracts (last 4 drafts).

https://youtu.be/UyHecilWCp0

If you don't want to check it out:

1. Luka
2. Ja
3. Trae
4. Mobley
5. LaMelo
6. Zion
7. Barnes
8. Garland
9. SGA
10. Cade
  • BSLChrisStoner likes this

#39 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,295 posts

Posted 18 January 2022 - 08:24 PM

This is very much up for further and re-evaluation, but as of now this is what I'm thinking:

1. Luka

2. Ja

3. Zion

4. Mobley

5. Trae

6. LaMelo

7. Edwards

8. Garland

9. SGA

10. Cade

11. Green

12. Ayton

13. Jaren Jackson Jr

14. Haliburton

15. Porter Jr

16. Wiseman

17. Mikal Bridges

18. Herro

19.  Wagner

20. Bane

21. Miles Bridges

22. Patrick Williams

23. Robert Williams

24. Sexton

25. RJ Barrett

26. Anfernee Simons

27. Giddy

28. Suggs

29. Sengun

30. Cole Anthony

31. Kuminga

32. DeAndre Hunter

33. Jalen Brunson

34. Quickley

35. Cam Reddish

36. Cameron Johnson

37. Maxey

38. Matisse Tybulle

39. Brandon Clarke Jr

40. Davion Mitchell

I'm sure I forgot some worthy guys here. Also, I don't have a strong opinion on many of these players yet, so this will very much change a lot going forward. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=