#21 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:49 AM

I know, but most teams in a similar situation *cough*Orioles*cough* wouldn't consider anything different.

Very true as well. I think while the Orioles have tried different approaches (mainly changing personnel in both the coaching staff/front office), they haven't gone out-of-the-box like that though. Let's hope they can build in 2012. I'll be very interested to see if the Rox can succeed. The Cards and White Sox, it worked for this year. As noted in one of the articles, AJ Hinch didn't work for the Dbacks and ended up costing him/Josh Byrnes their jobs. I would've liked to see the Rockies show a bit more faith than a one year contract.
@levineps

#22 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:13 AM

CBS Sports: Rockies tap Dante Bichette, not Jason Giambi, for hitting coach duties

http://www.cbssports...e-hitting-coach

The band is getting back together.
@levineps

#23 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:45 AM

They're gonna party like it's 1995. They going to bring in Kevin Ritz as the pitching coach?

#24 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:32 PM

Tough loss for the Rox, losing Tulo for 4-6 weeks...it's arguable that CarGo and Tulo could be 1/2 in MVP voting right now..

My son roots for the Rockies as his "NL favorite", and we got tickets to see them in DC next weekend. Sucks that Tulo won't be able to play.

They've been a fun team to pay attention to this year.

• BSLChrisStoner likes this
@beginthebegin71

#25 Matt

Matt

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,571 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 01:18 AM

It shouldn't come as a surprise though. Some guys are just injury prone. At least they have a good back up option in Rutledge.

#26 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 15 June 2013 - 08:36 AM

Rutledge is decent, and hit a HR last night..But TuLo is the heart and soul of that team, and he worked so hard to come back. Just a shame, and such a fluke if anyone saw the play.

Hope they can somehow hold their own until he returns.

@beginthebegin71

#27 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,465 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 15 June 2013 - 08:38 AM

Yeah, that's just bad luck for Tulo. Feel bad for the guy after all the injuries he's already had to deal with.

#28 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 15 June 2013 - 08:40 AM

On a different note, I paid $42 to park in a good lot for the game I'm taking Drew (son) to.

$42 Freaking dollars to PARK!!

@beginthebegin71

#29 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 04:12 PM

On a different note, I paid $42 to park in a good lot for the game I'm taking Drew (son) to.

When I went to Wrigley a couple of weeks ago, they wanted $50. I ended up driving down and then a couple blocks up another street to a regular pay lot. Ended up being about $10 to park all day and only about ten minutes away.

I thought it was bad having to pay $15 for a garage in downtown Baltimore. Yikes.

@DJ_McCann

#30 Matt

Matt

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,571 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 10:22 PM

That's crazy. Although my dad pays like $25 or something around there to park in the Hilton across the street from Camden Yards and I always tell him he's nuts.

#31 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 15 June 2013 - 10:25 PM

I just don't know the area, I'm sure there are other lots, but I took the easy (yet expensive) way out and just bought it with the tickets..

When i went to Wrigley, we parked miles away and took a shuttle.

@beginthebegin71

#32 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 11:38 PM

That's crazy. Although my dad pays like $25 or something around there to park in the Hilton across the street from Camden Yards and I always tell him he's nuts.

Two blocks further and he's at the Arena garage, which is going to be significantly less.

I just don't know the area, I'm sure there are other lots, but I took the easy (yet expensive) way out and just bought it with the tickets..

When i went to Wrigley, we parked miles away and took a shuttle.

I was stunned that I even found the lot. It was literally four blocks down Addison and a block up Halstead St., which appeared to be a fairly major thoroughfare of its own, though it was just a tiny surface lot. I think most people either take the El or do the same as you at Coors. Hell, it's what I did the rest of the time in Chicago (and parking all over was exorbitant, at least to my uncultured Baltimore sensibilities).

@DJ_McCann

#33 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 22 June 2013 - 04:58 PM

Took my boy to the Rockies/Nats game today so he could see his "other favorite" team in person. Seats were great, fans around us were great, and most importantly the Rockies won easily.

if you haven't been to Nationals Park yet, definitely go and check it out..Very nice views, decent food options as well.

• You Play to Win the Game likes this
@beginthebegin71

#34 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,465 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 22 June 2013 - 05:08 PM

I was thinking about you when I saw that game on earlier, glad your son got to see a Rockies win. 

Been to Nats park, it's nice enough, but nothing special really. Still, not bad at all, despite it's lack of an "identity", I guess is how I'd put it.

• SBTarheel and Oriole85 like this

#35 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 22 June 2013 - 07:20 PM

I was thinking about you when I saw that game on earlier, glad your son got to see a Rockies win. 

Been to Nats park, it's nice enough, but nothing special really. Still, not bad at all, despite it's lack of an "identity", I guess is how I'd put it.

Thanks, Chris. It was a good time.

i liked it, really massive place, and like I said, most importantly, good food! :)

@beginthebegin71

#36 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 23 June 2013 - 09:09 AM

Probably the best description I've seen of Nats Park, it's hard to describe -- it's a fine facility, but there's nothing too distinct about it.

@levineps

#37 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:25 PM

Probably the best description I've seen of Nats Park, it's hard to describe -- it's a fine facility, but there's nothing too distinct about it.

The newer ballparks have been getting away from the "old style" of Oriole Park and Progressive Field and AT&T Park and PNC Park, and going for a more modern feel. The problem is that those designs can fall into the same trap as U.S. Cellular Field when it opened in 1991; even if the design works great and the park is very well-made for watching baseball, the blandness becomes overwhelming on its own.

Add in that there is essentially no background, as it faces away from the Anacostia and Potomac rivers and buildings block any real view of Washington, and there isn't much that distinguishes Nationals Park from a multipurpose doughnut like RFK Stadium, other than how playing football there would suck.

@DJ_McCann

#38 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 18 July 2013 - 09:37 PM

http://www.cbssports...y-not-happening

@levineps

#39 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 18 July 2013 - 10:12 PM

First ten games out of the break are at home against Chicago Cubs/Miami, and Milwaukee...Time for the Rox to make their move. Everyone's healthy now.

@beginthebegin71

#40 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,027 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 07:30 PM

Sports on Earth: King of the Road
http://www.sportsone...ticle/55129200/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors