Posted 06 November 2018 - 11:22 AM

The Dictator has arrived it’s a forum everything’s opinionated
  • 11ROVER likes this

#22 MaroonTiger

MaroonTiger
  • Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 11:28 AM

Neither does McD, but they’re not looking to move down. I have a hard time believeing that Gilman would move down with McD still being in the A. If this happens, I don’t see the Headmaster or AD’s lasting very long.

McD has a JV.

#23 TheGuru

TheGuru

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 671 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 11:32 AM

The only way Malvern Prep is included in a league with Maryland teams (MIAA) is if they change the name to something like MDAC (Mason-Dixon Athletic Conference). I don’t think Malvern would make the jump anyway without a local rival coming with them. I say leave the conference as it is but consolidate the teams into A & B conferences only. The MIAA is not dead yet. I’ve heard of efforts by the MIAA to add schools, too. We’re just in wait and see mode.

#24 TheGuru

TheGuru

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 671 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 11:36 AM

Hey guys - just adding a Rumors note to the title since this is still speculation.

Is it a rumor if the reporter spoke to the ADs at both schools but were asked not to be quoted, yet? Our news cycle is filled with anonymous sources giving real info under the guise of what some like yourself would call rumors.

#25 MaroonTiger

MaroonTiger
  • Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 11:46 AM

Facts. It’s a report by a reliable high school sports news site. VSN is a verifiable news source.

#26 GreyhoundAlum

GreyhoundAlum
  • Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 12:34 PM

McD has a JV.

Not really. The majority of those kids played Varsity as well. The Hurdle kid was one of their best defensive players on Varsity and he played JV. Gilman could have fielded a JV like that.

#27 CrimsonHawk

CrimsonHawk
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 01:57 PM

Facts. It’s a report by a reliable high school sports news site. VSN is a verifiable news source.

Wrong.  VSN even reports is as a rumor.  Exact quote from the VSN report:

"In addition, there are rumors that Gilman, which struggled to a 1-9 record this fall under first year head coach Nick Bach, with just 34 players in its football program, may also apply for the B Conference."

Irresponsible for VSN to "report" this.

#28 oldballcoach

oldballcoach

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 590 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 02:03 PM

Also VSN was wrong about SFA they were found guilty of violations with more coming I am told

#29 MaroonTiger

MaroonTiger
  • Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 02:09 PM

Wrong. VSN even reports is as a rumor. Exact quote from the VSN report:

"In addition, there are rumors that Gilman, which struggled to a 1-9 record this fall under first year head coach Nick Bach, with just 34 players in its football program, may also apply for the B Conference."

Irresponsible for VSN to "report" this.

People have heard this from the school admin. So it’s more than rumor it’s speculation that has roots.

#30 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 06 November 2018 - 02:24 PM

As a McD alum, I am chuckling at this rumor.

#31 GreyhoundAlum

GreyhoundAlum
  • Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 03:01 PM

People have heard this from the school admin. So it’s more than rumor it’s speculation that has roots.

Nothing would surprise me from this administration, but until it happens I just can’t believe it. What’s the point of Bach coming all the way from a top Georgia program, just for them to drop to the B. They were in the Championship game last year for God sake. Like I said, if it happens, I think the Headmaster loses his job. Because it will be him behind this.
  • CrimsonHawk likes this

#32 Genius Movement

Genius Movement
  • Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 03:04 PM

Top Georgia program my ass. There are many in state coaches that are better coaches than him

#33 MaroonTiger

MaroonTiger
  • Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 03:27 PM

Top Georgia program my ass. There are many in state coaches that are better coaches than him

Top program where. Nah. Not even top 25 team in GA

#34 GreyhoundAlum

GreyhoundAlum
  • Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 03:50 PM

Never said he was a great coach. He did take a team in Georgia’s highest division pretty far in States!! A team that was pretty atrocious before he took over. Pretty sure he wouldn’t leave Georgia, to come to Baltimore for a B Conference team. Would be shocked if this happens.
  • CrimsonHawk likes this

#35 MaroonTiger

MaroonTiger
  • Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 04:10 PM

Never said he was a great coach. He did take a team in Georgia’s highest division pretty far in States!! A team that was pretty atrocious before he took over. Pretty sure he wouldn’t leave Georgia, to come to Baltimore for a B Conference team. Would be shocked if this happens.

He made the playoffs and lost in the first round. That’s good. But not entirely nationally impressive. Team was ranked in the 500-1000 range.

#36 TheGuru

TheGuru

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 671 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 04:12 PM

Nothing would surprise me from this administration, but until it happens I just can’t believe it. What’s the point of Bach coming all the way from a top Georgia program, just for them to drop to the B. They were in the Championship game last year for God sake. Like I said, if it happens, I think the Headmaster loses his job. Because it will be him behind this.

Bach came from a program at North Gwinnett that wasn’t very good until he breathed a little life into them. He was no Bill Belichick and they weren’t the Patriots. Lol!

https://www.gwinnett...b1f30b84bd.html

#37 Rm7

Rm7
  • Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 04:42 PM

Bach isn’t the problem Wrenn is

#38 BayWalker

BayWalker
  • Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 05:47 PM

#39 BayWalker

BayWalker
  • Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 05:48 PM

Well said

#40 GreyhoundAlum

GreyhoundAlum
  • Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 06:02 PM

Yes, horrible OC and if they drop to the B, should be fired as AD.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=