136 replies to this topic

#61 oldballcoach

oldballcoach

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 590 posts

Posted 20 November 2018 - 07:17 AM

This is why everyone is fed up with SFA. We have a great topic about a great game and it is hijacked. This board is quickly deteriorating. Thanks to these guys
  • bob12345 and Bigdrop like this

#62 JBMAD

JBMAD
  • Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 20 November 2018 - 07:34 AM

This is why everyone is fed up with SFA. We have a great topic about a great game and it is hijacked. This board is quickly deteriorating. Thanks to these guys

Why hasn't Chris talked to this guy he talked to everyone that was downing SFA and when that talk stopped this clown shows up

#63 Gooch

Gooch

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 741 posts

Posted 20 November 2018 - 07:49 AM

I apologize to my fellow posters but I’m not gonna let none of them guys come on this board and down any coach player or team in the DMV I’m gonna respond to them every time because I’m tired of the bully tactics they are pulling they tried it on Twitter and they blocked me they tried it on Facebook they blocked me if they want keyboard war than war it is I’m gone say what the other coaches and posters will not
  • Murphy1 likes this

#64 JBMAD

JBMAD
  • Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 20 November 2018 - 09:10 AM

I apologize to my fellow posters but I’m not gonna let none of them guys come on this board and down any coach player or team in the DMV I’m gonna respond to them every time because I’m tired of the bully tactics they are pulling they tried it on Twitter and they blocked me they tried it on Facebook they blocked me if they want keyboard war than war it is I’m gone say what the other coaches and posters will not

Your good Gooch, Biff and crew sending out bottom of pay scale dudes to do their dirty work

#65 oldballcoach

oldballcoach

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 590 posts

Posted 20 November 2018 - 09:18 AM

Gooch nothing on you he comes on the board just to provoke and poke people. I don’t blame you for responding.

#66 JBMAD

JBMAD
  • Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 20 November 2018 - 09:21 AM

Your good Gooch, Biff and crew sending out bottom of pay scale dudes to do their dirty work

Oops sorry I mean Kevin Frye. Lol

#67 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,027 posts

Posted 20 November 2018 - 09:22 AM

I temporarily banned Stallion. 

I'll be honest, I'm not sure that was the right call.  Seems like a lot of unnecessary back and forth.

Still, I respect some of you felt this and other threads were being hijacked.

I'll give it a couple of days, and let him back. Just let you guys all cool off a bit.

This section is having more issues than anywhere else on the board. It's still hard for me to understand. I'm just amazed how worked up people are on HS sports.

While this is my site, we have other Moderators.  I don't see everything. You are welcome to send messages to our other Mods if you have questions, etc.

They can be found here:
https://www.baltimor...tats&do=leaders

#68 oldballcoach

oldballcoach

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 590 posts

Posted 20 November 2018 - 09:39 AM

Chris it was the right thing and thank you because the threads about public schools and DC private’s are dominated by SFA with his posts.

#69 Gooch

Gooch

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 741 posts

Posted 20 November 2018 - 09:47 AM

Oops sorry I mean Kevin Frye. Lol

Lol

#70 Beesemode

Beesemode
  • Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 20 November 2018 - 09:53 AM

The threads are full of SF comments and references...that are negative. I guess some never tire of that negativity. We will see how long before a hater brings up SF comments

#71 BCFan

BCFan
  • Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 20 November 2018 - 10:46 AM

I think everyone on these forums have their biases and favorites but in general like to discuss high school football around the area. I have coached junior league for years and have many of my ex players in the MIAA. More on MSJ so I favor them and pull for them because I like Holzer and root for the newly established program. (Underdog if you will). I’ve been vocal about SFA and Poggi staff because although there always good kids in every program. They have gone to far. And to beat your chest, brag, taunt, and belittle the rest of the football community with your success is not what anyone wants to root for. SFA likes the negative attention, create false racial narratives (your biggest opposition is DD..hmm), and act like they are oppressed program that has came from nothing (your program is run by millions of dollars) Every school in this area has kids from hard backgrounds. SFA has created their own demise and is beside themselves that being a football powerhouse wouldn’t just make everyone fall in love with them. And the rub of all this is even with the MIAA board eventually finding them guilty of tempering and recruitment violations SFA still acts like they’ve done nothing wrong. Take some ownership. Maybe Poggi or Russell could make public statement like “ We realize now that accepting 22 transfers of upper classmen in year 1 was unfair to the league. “. “ We have done our own review and realize some of our SFA coaches made inappropriate contact with players from community high school programs. “. Etc. That would go much further with football supporters in the area then everyone else in Baltimore are racists cowards.

#72 Beesemode

Beesemode
  • Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 20 November 2018 - 11:47 AM

Difficult to compare the demographic and difficult background of SF stufents with most other privates...not even close.

Taunting and chest beating. I see people speaking up in support of and responding to attacks...I am sure some go too far. Even on this forum...rarely does a SF supporter initiate a post about SF...almost always a response to negative falsehoods.

We will disagree on fairness to league. SF had more transfers before...and they lost. So is it transfers or winning that is now unfair?

The sole violation found has been repeatedly laid out as BS...but your bias blocks that possiblity. However, your bias opens you to all possibilities when it is something negative about SF--it somehow rings true for the SF haters.

Everyone who is overly vocal...is full of shat.

#73 oldballcoach

oldballcoach

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 590 posts

Posted 20 November 2018 - 11:51 AM

Well said BC

#74 JBMAD

JBMAD
  • Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 20 November 2018 - 12:00 PM

Difficult to compare the demographic and difficult background of SF stufents with most other privates...not even close.

Taunting and chest beating. I see people speaking up in support of and responding to attacks...I am sure some go too far. Even on this forum...rarely does a SF supporter initiate a post about SF...almost always a response to negative falsehoods.

We will disagree on fairness to league. SF had more transfers before...and they lost. So is it transfers or winning that is now unfair?

The sole violation found has been repeatedly laid out as BS...but your bias blocks that possiblity. However, your bias opens you to all possibilities when it is something negative about SF--it somehow rings true for the SF haters.

Everyone who is overly vocal...is full of shat.

Dont think anyone would be against coaches if the majority of the kids being helped were from the city. Facts

#75 MaroonTiger

MaroonTiger
  • Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 20 November 2018 - 12:39 PM

The root of the issue is it being a Poggi Enterprise. The way he has done business, burned bridges, acted as a white savior to kids and the only hope, and his win all and leave opponents very weak mode. It’s high school football. Coaches are educators first and not Jerry Jones.
  • Oldtime likes this

#76 Beesemode

Beesemode
  • Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 20 November 2018 - 12:54 PM

Jmad... the majority are from the Baltimore metro area. Majority is better than 50%. The numbers of local kids is much higher than 50. And every student at SF benefits from the improvement in infrastructure, finances, and academics.

You just proved my point...haters ignore the facts. And if anyone highlights these improvements--- the haters jump on that as being on the payroll, being clowns, donut crew.

Again, it is all schoolgirl hating behind made up named from people who dont know shat

#77 BCFan

BCFan
  • Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 20 November 2018 - 01:04 PM

Jmad... the majority are from the Baltimore metro area. Majority is better than 50%. The numbers of local kids is much higher than 50. And every student at SF benefits from the improvement in infrastructure, finances, and academics.

You just proved my point...haters ignore the facts. And if anyone highlights these improvements--- the haters jump on that as being on the payroll, being clowns, donut crew.

Again, it is all schoolgirl hating behind made up named from people who dont know shat

Beesemode. I agree you have many Baltimore City kids and your are doing great things for them. But they aren’t the majority of starters that are winning football games for you. I know you continue to downplay this but just admit it. Many of your DC, Virginia, Eastern Shore, Delaware, PA etc kids aren’t kids in need. I know them and their families. Many are middle/upperclass kids that wouldn’t qualify for financial aid at most MIAA schools. But they are awesome football players so you give them everything. This is not how the rest of the league works. Accept that and move on to a National schedule. MIAA teams work under different guidelines and rules then SFA wants too. Move on.

#78 MaroonTiger

MaroonTiger
  • Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 20 November 2018 - 01:09 PM

Beesemode. I agree you have many Baltimore City kids and your are doing great things for them. But they aren’t the majority of starters that are winning football games for you. I know you continue to downplay this but just admit it. Many of your DC, Virginia, Eastern Shore, Delaware, PA etc kids aren’t kids in need. I know them and their families. Many are middle/upperclass kids that wouldn’t qualify for financial aid at most MIAA schools. But they are awesome football players so you give them everything. This is not how the rest of the league works. Accept that and move on to a National schedule. MIAA teams work under different guidelines and rules then SFA wants too. Move on.

Exactly.

#79 Beesemode

Beesemode
  • Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 20 November 2018 - 01:37 PM

Not exactly. JB made the comment that a majority of the kids being helpeetc...so is starting the only way to help?

News flash...the MAJORITY of the starters are from the area. Qb, 2 Wr, both safeties, Dalcourt, all 4 dline, 1 cb, 1 lb have started games. Do the PG kids count as local...as many privates have player from 25 miles away...so yes. Savage and Lee. There is your majority...and I am sure I missed some.

Are there kids from out of state...yes. Not against the rules. The higher recruits on that team are local...Dalcourt, Toles, 2 DEs, WR are very local. With others from the state like Lee and Savage. Those are the facts. But what are facts to haters?

I doubt if there are upper class kids...but IDK (and neither do you). There are certainly some middle class kids...they are outnumbered by 3 to 1 or so by kids who are near the poverty line.

There are maybe 2 that wouldn't qualify for aid from McD...maybe only 1. I honestly dont know (and again neither do you).

#80 BCFan

BCFan
  • Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 20 November 2018 - 01:59 PM

Not exactly. JB made the comment that a majority of the kids being helpeetc...so is starting the only way to help?

News flash...the MAJORITY of the starters are from the area. Qb, 2 Wr, both safeties, Dalcourt, all 4 dline, 1 cb, 1 lb have started games. Do the PG kids count as local...as many privates have player from 25 miles away...so yes. Savage and Lee. There is your majority...and I am sure I missed some.

Are there kids from out of state...yes. Not against the rules. The higher recruits on that team are local...Dalcourt, Toles, 2 DEs, WR are very local. With others from the state like Lee and Savage. Those are the facts. But what are facts to haters?

I doubt if there are upper class kids...but IDK (and neither do you). There are certainly some middle class kids...they are outnumbered by 3 to 1 or so by kids who are near the poverty line.

There are maybe 2 that wouldn't qualify for aid from McD...maybe only 1. I honestly dont know (and again neither do you).

Again, you proved the point. You named roughly 12 kids that start. That means 10 kids are out of state or area recruits that you pay. As Poggi brags about having 60+ kids on full scholarship. Do you really think that puts you on same competitive level with other MIAA schools. Give Holzer or Schmidt or DD 10 full scholarships a year and he eat your lunch. You’ve got 60.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=