Calvert Hall

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#21 BCFan

BCFan
  • Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 13 October 2018 - 04:55 PM

It pains me to say this but your right Guru your boys are pretty good this may be DD best year as a coach since winning the ship.The question has changed to will they lose another game this year . DD is getting it done with not one offered kid at this point he has to be mentioned in the coach of the year conversation if they win out

I thought Tucker had an offer or 2?

#22 oldballcoach

oldballcoach

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 590 posts

Posted 13 October 2018 - 04:56 PM

I think Tucker does, Wooden does, Glover & Hebert all have offers I believe

#23 Genius Movement

Genius Movement
  • Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 13 October 2018 - 04:58 PM

What about the MIAA/WCAC matchup?

#24 Genius Movement

Genius Movement
  • Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 13 October 2018 - 05:00 PM

I really believe that MSJ can give SFA a good game (as long as the weather cooperates)

#25 oldballcoach

oldballcoach

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 590 posts

Posted 13 October 2018 - 05:36 PM

Yeah I would love to hear anybody’s heard more about this playoff thing. Would be really interested.

#26 Gooch

Gooch

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 741 posts

Posted 13 October 2018 - 06:01 PM

I really believe that MSJ can give SFA a good game (as long as the weather cooperates)

#27 Gooch

Gooch

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 741 posts

Posted 13 October 2018 - 06:02 PM

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiid

#28 Gooch

Gooch

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 741 posts

Posted 13 October 2018 - 06:05 PM

Let me go on record and be truthful the only team that can give SF problems or beat them is SJC period those two teams are built different

#29 GreyhoundAlum

GreyhoundAlum
  • Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 13 October 2018 - 06:14 PM

They would get run off the field. Gooch is right, only SJC would have a chance against SFA. Far and away better than everybody.

#30 BCFan

BCFan
  • Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 13 October 2018 - 09:56 PM

I think MSJ skill positions match up with SFA but their Oline is not ready for SFA. SFA wins easily unless MSJ plays lights out and SFA has off night. MCD had MSJ beat but couldn’t finish.

#31 Gooch

Gooch

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 741 posts

Posted 13 October 2018 - 10:26 PM

I have to admit on a off night SF still beats them by 3 scores MSJ is a damn good squad but like I said SF and SJC are different

#32 oldballcoach

oldballcoach

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 590 posts

Posted 14 October 2018 - 09:41 AM

BCFan MSJ has the game under control except for 3 minutes just watched it on McDonogh live stream it is still up. Not taking anything away from McD and that young QB is going to be very good was a heck of an effort to get back in the game.

#33 BayWalker

BayWalker
  • Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 14 October 2018 - 10:08 AM

What about the MIAA/WCAC matchup?

#34 BayWalker

BayWalker
  • Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 14 October 2018 - 10:08 AM

Details should be coming out in a few weeks

#35 TheGuru

TheGuru

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 671 posts

Posted 15 October 2018 - 09:05 AM

It pains me to say this but your right Guru your boys are pretty good this may be DD best year as a coach since winning the ship.The question has changed to will they lose another game this year . DD is getting it done with not one offered kid at this point he has to be mentioned in the coach of the year conversation if they win out

If you think think Davis should me mentioned in the conversation for COY this season, then he may be a shoo-in for the award next season. CHC has at least 38 juniors and 9 sophomores returning in 2019 and they get MSJ at home. The Cardinals may finish top 5 in the state with the talent they have returning.

#36 oldballcoach

oldballcoach

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 590 posts

Posted 15 October 2018 - 09:19 AM

Yeah they are very young but don’t forget MSJ returns their entire team. I think the Offense graduates three kids and the defense graduates three as well. They also get the best player in the league back in Marlowe Wax.

Next year will be a dogfight

#37 Gooch

Gooch

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 741 posts

Posted 15 October 2018 - 09:25 AM

If you think think Davis should me mentioned in the conversation for COY this season, then he may be a shoo-in for the award next season. CHC has at least 38 juniors and 9 sophomores returning in 2019 and they get MSJ at home. The Cardinals may finish top 5 in the state with the talent they have returning.

#38 TheGuru

TheGuru

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 671 posts

Posted 15 October 2018 - 09:25 AM

Yeah they are very young but don’t forget MSJ returns their entire team. I think the Offense graduates three kids and the defense graduates three as well. They also get the best player in the league back in Marlowe Wax.

Next year will be a dogfight

I qualified that CHC will face the Gaels at home in 2019. I’ll add that the SO QB will have several games experience as a starter as opposed to going up against MSJ with a half of football under his belt. Wax is very good at LB but Tucker is just as good or better at the RB position.

#39 Gooch

Gooch

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 741 posts

Posted 15 October 2018 - 09:27 AM

You may be right but replacing that d line will be key to y’all success next year besides SF SJC your d line is as good as anybody in the state

#40 11ROVER

11ROVER
  • Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 15 October 2018 - 09:32 AM

I have to admit on a off night SF still beats them by 3 scores MSJ is a damn good squad but like I said SF and SJC are different

Don't forget everyone said the same thing last year and MSJ put up the most point on SFA than any team, including the #8 team in the country that could only produce a FG.  MSJ had the game within one score with 5 mins left, and left two scores on the field.  Wax didn't play and I'm not sure if Thornton played but he was only a freshman.   But agree the game would have line up right for MSJ.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=