605 replies to this topic

#41 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 12 August 2018 - 11:44 AM

You have your head in the sand. Durkin needs to lawyer up, because short of a heart murmur / abnormally large heart, he instructed teammates to carry him through a workout.

Before you say it: yes, there’s a toxic culture throughout college sports (football, namely). Wannabe General Pattons thinking they’re going to mold warriors from young men. That in no way absolves Durkin in this situation, because it gives Maryland an ample opportunity to dictate through their actions what will be and what will not be tolerated.

What are you missing about the part where if he was negligent handling McNair he should be held responsible. It doesnt mean the culture is toxic. HS kids die every summer in this country because they try to push through drills and those around them are often irresponsible in tending to them. This isnt an uncommon thing. It doesnt mean there is any larger toxicity.

#42 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 12 August 2018 - 12:12 PM

Rob is right about everything here.

Literally everything.

That's all I'm going to say about that.

#43 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 12 August 2018 - 12:14 PM

Rob is right about everything here.

Literally everything.

That's all I'm going to say about that.

Said no one ever.

Dont be passive aggressive

#44 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 12 August 2018 - 12:21 PM

Said no one ever.

Dont be passive aggressive

I'm refraining mostly because the piece just happened and I think giving it a day or two (to see what the University ends up doing) might help. I have no ill will toward Maryland.

But your reactions are wildly inconsistent, and it's obvious why.

#45 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 12 August 2018 - 12:23 PM

Its adorable though how you and Shields are now 100 % on the same page about something.

#46 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,025 posts

Posted 12 August 2018 - 12:40 PM

IMS: Maryland Players Break Silence on Durkin, Upcoming Season
https://247sports.co...rylandTerrapins

#47 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 12 August 2018 - 12:45 PM

Its adorable though how you and Shields are now 100 % on the same page about something.

It's adorable that this is your best attempt at a response.

Seriously, Rob was noting that you take a step back in your differences in your reactions and maybe see why that is.

#48 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 12 August 2018 - 12:47 PM

IMS: Maryland Players Break Silence on Durkin, Upcoming Season
https://247sports.co...rylandTerrapins

I...think he has to go, but the overwhelming positive response toward Durkin...I dunno...dude could be back game 1.

#49 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 12 August 2018 - 01:10 PM

No one gives a crap what you think you Maryland born and bred bandwagon riding bitch.

I’m starting to understand why you are single.

#50 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 12 August 2018 - 01:49 PM

It's adorable that this is your best attempt at a response.

Seriously, Rob was noting that you take a step back in your differences in your reactions and maybe see why that is.

Rob was doing what 'jerks' do. Running through old threads trying to call people out by manipulating things. You know how many times Shields has been hypocritical and has been flat out wrong about things. The difference is no one else has the time or cares about about digging up all his old posts to call him out. The times when people have called him out he never owns it anyway. Always spin. Hes HedgeGuy for a reason.

#51 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,025 posts

Posted 12 August 2018 - 02:34 PM

The Score: McNair family attorney calls for Maryland to fire Durkin
https://www.thescore...af/news/1583789

#52 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,025 posts

Posted 12 August 2018 - 02:39 PM

@Jeff_Ermann 1h1 hour ago

-- McNair family attorney calls for DJ Durkin's firing.
-- Staffers quietly debate his accounts.
-- Many believe school's inaction led to current situation.
-- Durkin abruptly asked to leave.
Latest from the #Terps football situation: https://247sports.com/college/maryland/Article/Jordan-McNair-Family-Attorney-Tells-Maryland-Football-Fire-DJ-Durkin-120614390/ 

#53 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,025 posts

Posted 12 August 2018 - 02:40 PM

Baltimore Sun: Schmuck: If review of Maryland football program confirms reports, DJ Durkin must go permanently
http://www.baltimore...0811-story.html

#54 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 12 August 2018 - 02:48 PM

Rob was doing what 'jerks' do. Running through old threads trying to call people out by manipulating things. You know how many times Shields has been hypocritical and has been flat out wrong about things. The difference is no one else has the time or cares about about digging up all his old posts to call him out. The times when people have called him out he never owns it anyway. Always spin. Hes HedgeGuy for a reason.

Everyone hedges.

Just own up to it. Just say, I don’t like UNC and I love MD, so I’m going to be hypocritical about it. Same with the agenda/Flacco stuff. Obvious to everyone but you have to be a POS about it.

You are being that way..anyone with an IQ over 40 sees it. It’s blatantly obvious.

And it was brought up because of the recent comments made in the UNC thread. You dug your own grave, now lie in it and stop being such a douche about it.

You can always tell when you get back into a corner..the name calling, attacking the person (and not the point) comes and, of course, you don’t actually refute the obvious.

It’s just what you do. It’s part of the reason that Trea is the superior poster.
  • The Epic likes this

#55 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,025 posts

Posted 12 August 2018 - 02:55 PM

The Score: McNair family attorney calls for Maryland to fire Durkin
https://www.thescore...af/news/1583789

How do people feel about this?

MD has put Durkin on leave... an investigation is on-going....    why fire him before it's complete?

#56 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,538 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 12 August 2018 - 02:57 PM

Everyone hedges.

Just own up to it. Just say, I don’t like UNC and I love MD, so I’m going to be hypocritical about it. Same with the agenda/Flacco stuff. Obvious to everyone but you have to be a POS about it.

You are being that way..anyone with an IQ over 40 sees it. It’s blatantly obvious.

And it was brought up because of the recent comments made in the UNC thread. You dug your own grave, now lie in it and stop being such a douche about it.

You can always tell when you get back into a corner..the name calling, attacking the person (and not the point) comes and, of course, you don’t actually refute the obvious.

It’s just what you do. It’s part of the reason that Trea is the superior poster.

osh.gif
  • The Epic likes this

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#57 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 12 August 2018 - 03:01 PM

Everyone hedges.

osh.gif
Thats the worst mic drop attempt ever. Trying to play off my dislike of Trea. If thats his last word Ive just destroyed him.

BTW hilarious and hypocritcal that Shields is criticizing name calling. SportsGuys been namecalling and "attacking the person" since the 20th century.

#58 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 12 August 2018 - 03:05 PM

Just stating the truth.

#59 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,025 posts

Posted 12 August 2018 - 03:14 PM

Enough back and forth guys.  Just keep to the topic.

• JeremyStrain and sandiegosean like this

#60 Hooded Viper

Hooded Viper

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,649 posts

Posted 12 August 2018 - 03:29 PM

The player’s response should, but won’t be, taken into account. He will be fired now because of a witch hunt from one disgruntled writer and her bs “unnamed source”. Again, a damn tragedy that McNair died but this is total bs that will lead to the death of the MD football program that was already on life support.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=