#1 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,462 posts

Posted 30 July 2018 - 01:09 PM

http://www.baltimore...0728-story.html

Extremely short sighted at best, racist at worst.

Hopefully this never gains any traction.
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#2 Russ

Russ

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,296 posts

Posted 30 July 2018 - 02:08 PM

Shortsighted how? It's been there 20 years.

#3 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,462 posts

Posted 31 July 2018 - 06:17 AM

Shortsighted how? It's been there 20 years.

Exactly.
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#4 Russ

Russ

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,296 posts

Posted 31 July 2018 - 06:35 AM

Okay.

#5 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,993 posts

Posted 31 July 2018 - 03:10 PM

Where are the pix of "Make Linthicum Great Again" hats?

"The only change is that baseball has turned Paige from a second-class citizen to a second-class immortal." - Satchel Paige

#6 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,875 posts

Posted 31 July 2018 - 03:42 PM

My wife was just telling me about how the Giant we used to shop at has closed. It was across from the Cromwell light rail stop - apparently a plasma donation center opened in the same shopping center, so addicts are selling their blood, and then immediately buying drugs from the dealers who now hang out there all day. There's all sorts of petty crime at the shopping center now, so people stopped going, and Giant closed.

Apparently there's a real problem there, although it seems to me that the issue is the plasma donation center, not the light rail, even if that's how some of the addicts/drug deals get to the shopping center.

#7 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,462 posts

Posted 31 July 2018 - 03:55 PM

My wife was just telling me about how the Giant we used to shop at has closed. It was across from the Cromwell light rail stop - apparently a plasma donation center opened in the same shopping center, so addicts are selling their blood, and then immediately buying drugs from the dealers who now hang out there all day. There's all sorts of petty crime at the shopping center, so people stopped going, and Giant closed. Apparently there's a real problem, although it seems to me that the issue is the plasma donation center, not the light rail, even if that's how some of the addicts/drug deals get to the shopping center.

BINGO

#8 Russ

Russ

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,296 posts

Posted 31 July 2018 - 04:54 PM

Crime shut down the Kohl's long before the blood bank.

#9 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 13 August 2018 - 11:32 AM

Up in White Marsh, after what happened at the mall last week, they are trying to get the bus lines closed down by 11, as opposed to 130.

#10 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,462 posts

Posted 13 August 2018 - 11:56 AM

Up in White Marsh, after what happened at the mall last week, they are trying to get the bus lines closed down by 11, as opposed to 130.

Probably a good idea but didnt the melee occur during mall hours? That bus closure won't do much to help things.

#11 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 13 August 2018 - 12:07 PM

uch 

Probably a good idea but didnt the melee occur during mall hours? That bus closure won't do much to help things.

I think so but honestly, I didn't pay that much attention to it.  I just know people aren't happy about it (plus, there as been increased crime in eastern BMore county as well, so that doesn't help).

Really, the damn mall should be torn down.

#12 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 15 August 2018 - 01:22 PM

I think so but honestly, I didn't pay that much attention to it. I just know people aren't happy about it (plus, there as been increased crime in eastern BMore county as well, so that doesn't help).

Really, the damn mall should be torn down.

White Marsh hasn't been too bad since I've been here. I mean, it's been six months, or whatever.

What's wrong with it?

Also, for that matter, are there any good malls left? I mean, Arundel Mills and Towson Town, I guess?

#13 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,462 posts

Posted 15 August 2018 - 01:34 PM

Well the fliers that were distributed calling for the bus to stop running to the mall were blatantly racist. So good luck getting anything accomplished when you resort to that.

http://www.baltimore...0813-story.html

#14 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 15 August 2018 - 01:41 PM

Well the fliers that were distributed calling for the bus to stop running to the mall were blatantly racist. So good luck getting anything accomplished when you resort to that.

Wtf is wrong with people

#15 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 15 August 2018 - 01:53 PM

Not a lot of info in the article though.

Need more details.

#16 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 15 August 2018 - 02:49 PM

Not surprised. A lot of the reasons for people disliking public transportation (not all) is to keep the colored folk out. 

Still...this seems just too obvious. Like...insanely so.

#17 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 15 August 2018 - 03:18 PM

Not surprised. A lot of the reasons for people disliking public transportation (not all) is to keep the colored folk out. 

Still...this seems just too obvious. Like...insanely so.

Well, we don’t know how many flyers were out there, who made it or anything like that.

We also know what The Sun has become, so writing some sensationalized article trying to stir up trouble wouldn’t be beneath them.

Btw..not saying there isn’t anything racist behind this but this isn’t something circulating up here. This isn’t something that people are outraged by for what I have seen, so I wonder how big of a deal this is vs a few dipshits being dumb.

#18 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,462 posts

Posted 15 August 2018 - 03:33 PM

Well, we don’t know how many flyers were out there, who made it or anything like that.

We also know what The Sun has become, so writing some sensationalized article trying to stir up trouble wouldn’t be beneath them.

Btw..not saying there isn’t anything racist behind this but this isn’t something circulating up here. This isn’t something that people are outraged by for what I have seen, so I wonder how big of a deal this is vs a few dipshits being dumb.

All it takes is for one a-hole to go nuclear with racial stuff and make headlines.

From posting on other forums too, I can tell you that the feelings expressed on that flier are shared by many people.

#19 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 15 August 2018 - 03:38 PM

All it takes is for one a-hole to go nuclear with racial stuff and make headlines.

From posting on other forums too, I can tell you that the feelings expressed on that flier are shared by many people.

It can make headlines but just because the flier exists, doesn’t mean there aren’t reasoned arguments for what they are looking to do.

Basically, this article is missing s lot of substance and details, so it really shouldn’t matter in the overall scheme of things.

The flyer is terrible and the few assholes who are involved deserve everything they get.

#20 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,462 posts

Posted 15 August 2018 - 03:42 PM

It can make headlines but just because the flier exists, doesn’t mean there aren’t reasoned arguments for what they are looking to do.

Basically, this article is missing s lot of substance and details, so it really shouldn’t matter in the overall scheme of things.

The flyer is terrible and the few assholes who are involved deserve everything they get.

Sure. But once you go racial, forget it. You lose any grounds you had to do anything.

I can see why people want to limit bus service to the mall. I think it's the wrong approach to addressing the issue of crime/safety issues.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=