9 Attack of the Clones

10 Phantom Menace

#22 weird-O

weird-O

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,210 posts
  • LocationI'm here from downtown, I'm here from Mitch and Murray.

Posted 07 August 2018 - 03:19 PM

I saw Solo. It was pretty cool. It was interesting to see what they did with the backstory. And the way they handled him meeting Chewbacca was unexpected. I think the thing that's important about Solo, is that you have to let go of the tie between a legendary actor, and the character he brought to life. Ehrenreich did a real good job of delivering on the essence/personality of Han Solo. And they gave Chewie a contributing role, which was something that disappointed me about TLJ. Chewie did nothing more than sit by the ship, and BBQ porgs
  • JeremyStrain likes this

Good news! I saw a dog today.

#23 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 07 August 2018 - 03:25 PM

ESB

New Hope

TFA

Revenge of the Sith

Rogue One

Last Jedi

Return of the Jedi

Phantom Menace

Clones

Haven't seen Solo...the last 3 are very close...pretty much a tie.

#24 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,234 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 12 April 2019 - 12:15 PM

Title has been released:

Star Wars Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker

#25 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,027 posts

Posted 12 April 2019 - 12:18 PM

#26 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,729 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 12 April 2019 - 12:21 PM

Title is junk, trailer shows nothing, the possible return of Palpatine has me interested.

#27 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,729 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 12 April 2019 - 12:34 PM

My List

1  Empire

2 Star Wars Rebels (it's that good)

3 A New Hope

4 The Last Jedi

5  Revenge of the Sith

6 Return of the Jedi

7 Phantom Menace

8 TFA

9  Attack of the Clones

Haven't seen Solo or much of Rogue One 

#28 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,553 posts

Posted 12 April 2019 - 01:02 PM

Reading over this thread, I've seen Solo in the meantime. 6/10. Too cartoony.

Decent teaser trailer. Didn't really move the anticipation needle for me.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#29 Hooded Viper

Hooded Viper

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,649 posts

Posted 12 April 2019 - 02:02 PM

I think this new trilogy has been total shit.  The way they involved Luke, or should I say didn't involve him was criminal.  No wonder Mark Hamill was so pissed at how they treated his character. How the fuck do you not have an onscreen reunion between the big 3 at least once?  The Force Awakens was essentially A New Hope regurgitated with a chick as the new the Luke.  The last Jedi was terrible but neither is as bad as episodes 1-3, they were just plain shit story's, shit dialogue, bad acting and way too much CGI.

I prefer to just stick with the original trilogy because they had heart and told a great story.

Star Wars is dead.

#30 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 12 April 2019 - 02:10 PM

I like the original trilogy but I think they are overall overrated movies.

#31 weird-O

weird-O

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,210 posts
  • LocationI'm here from downtown, I'm here from Mitch and Murray.

Posted 12 April 2019 - 02:11 PM

I think this new trilogy has been total shit.  The way they involved Luke, or should I say didn't involve him was criminal.  No wonder Mark Hamill was so pissed at how they treated his character. How the fuck do you not have an onscreen reunion between the big 3 at least once?  The Force Awakens was essentially A New Hope regurgitated with a chick as the new the Luke.  The last Jedi was terrible but neither is as bad as episodes 1-3, they were just plain shit story's, shit dialogue, bad acting and way too much CGI.

I prefer to just stick with the original trilogy because they had heart and told a great story.

Star Wars is dead.

It's dead for me too. I'll go see 9, but I won't feel compelled to see it ASAP. And unlike the last two movies in this trilogy, I won't go into social media lockdown to avoid any loose lipped poster spouting out spoilers. It really holds almost no interest for me, other than the fact that it will conclude the Skywalker story. After that, any SW movie I see, will be because it interested me on it's own merit.  

• Hooded Viper likes this

Good news! I saw a dog today.

#32 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,553 posts

Posted 12 April 2019 - 02:45 PM

They should have story-boarded the entire trilogy before hand, instead of allowing different writers to take on each movie themselves. TLJ was weird, and disconnected from TFA, and now ROS will have to spend a lot of time course-correcting that.

SW will never be dead to me, I'll always look forward taking another trip in that world, but the the shine definitely wore off that brand.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#33 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,234 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 12 April 2019 - 03:14 PM

James DyerVerified account @jamescdyer 2h2 hours ago
In case there’s any lingering ambiguity from the trailer (and McDiarmid’s appearance at the panel!), I can 100% confirm that Palpatine is back in The Rise Of Skywalker as I just asked JJ. He’s thrilled - and slightly incredulous- that McDiarmid’s presence on set didn’t leak.

#34 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,729 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 13 April 2019 - 08:38 AM

If that's Endor in the trailer does that mean we are getting Ewoks?

I started thinking about it a bit, I'm not really a fan of this Palpatine reveal.  That's a huge surprise that should have been saved for the movie.  

#35 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,377 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 13 April 2019 - 08:56 AM

If that's Endor in the trailer does that mean we are getting Ewoks?

I started thinking about it a bit, I'm not really a fan of this Palpatine reveal.  That's a huge surprise that should have been saved for the movie.  

I mean on one level I think it's something we've all wondered about through the whole series. Whenever these guys "killed" themselves and became part of the force, did they REALLY go anywhere or are they just hanging out? And in that sense, if it's possible for them to go that direction is it possible for them to come back?

I mean at least I wondered it. If it's like going into hibernation, and rebuilding midichlorians or whatever, and then they could come back years later young and refreshed? If this is supposed to be the pinnacle of Jedi learning it should be something super epic, not just being able to haunt someone later for a lecture or two.

If you start thinking that way, and the emperor died offscreen, what's to say he didn't do the same. He should be at that level easy.

The one I didn't like and throws things off, is Anakin coming back as a ghost after he dies. He legit died from lightning attack, he didn't just disappear after meditating like Obi, and Luke, and Yoda's they made too similar to a death scene. But by that theory every single Jedi should be accessible through the force after death and that hasn't happened either. I just always considered it a bit of a plot hole.

@JeremyMStrain

#36 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,562 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 14 April 2019 - 01:38 AM

The Last Jedi is a near masterpiece and if Episode 9 lands at all then this new trilogy is the best of the bunch.

#37 Hooded Viper

Hooded Viper

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,649 posts

Posted 14 April 2019 - 09:47 AM

The Last Jedi is a near masterpiece and if Episode 9 lands at all then this new trilogy is the best of the bunch.

Yeah I think this is wrong on so many levels!

#38 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,729 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 15 April 2019 - 06:40 AM

I mean on one level I think it's something we've all wondered about through the whole series. Whenever these guys "killed" themselves and became part of the force, did they REALLY go anywhere or are they just hanging out? And in that sense, if it's possible for them to go that direction is it possible for them to come back?

I mean at least I wondered it. If it's like going into hibernation, and rebuilding midichlorians or whatever, and then they could come back years later young and refreshed? If this is supposed to be the pinnacle of Jedi learning it should be something super epic, not just being able to haunt someone later for a lecture or two.

In Rebels, Ezra enters a world between worlds where he can see past/present/futurish events and interact with them.  I doubt that'sthe route they go, but that would be kind of awesome if that's how Rey came upon Palpatine.  Here's a link showing a clip from the episode where it happened. 

https://www.youtube....h?v=HQeYwubOHpY

#39 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,377 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 15 April 2019 - 08:34 AM

In Rebels, Ezra enters a world between worlds where he can see past/present/futurish events and interact with them.  I doubt that'sthe route they go, but that would be kind of awesome if that's how Rey came upon Palpatine.  Here's a link showing a clip from the episode where it happened. 

https://www.youtube....h?v=HQeYwubOHpY

Man, that opens a box. They just effectually made time travel canon.

What IF, that's what is happening when those guys just go poof into the force. Like somehow they just knew at that point and time is when someone is going to yank them out of their timeline. And how many other times has that happened in history...I kinda wish they would have done that with how they brought Darth Maul back too, so you see both sides using it.

@JeremyMStrain

#40 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,729 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 15 April 2019 - 08:54 AM

Man, that opens a box. They just effectually made time travel canon.

What IF, that's what is happening when those guys just go poof into the force. Like somehow they just knew at that point and time is when someone is going to yank them out of their timeline. And how many other times has that happened in history...I kinda wish they would have done that with how they brought Darth Maul back too, so you see both sides using it.

It's stuff like that why I'm always touting how great rebels is.   They have this entirely self contained story and they've been able to seamlessly integrate events and characters from the movies without  it feeling forced or shoehorned in for a cheap pop.    Not to go on a Lucas rant, but I don't think he could've come up with a simpler/cooler  "time travel" idea that fit so well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=