Baltimore County Football 2018

• Please log in to reply
168 replies to this topic

#41 SaintBull

SaintBull
  • Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 11 September 2018 - 06:50 AM

I'm just curious, why were people giving Woodlawn the benefit of the doubt? Was it the uniforms, coaching changes, transfers? What was it? What is it about Woodlawns coach that has everyone thinking he has the goods to over take the better teams in Baltimore County?

Been asking that same question since early spring.  

#42 Ojielo

Ojielo
  • Members
  • 261 posts

Posted 11 September 2018 - 07:30 AM

Woodlawn had me fooled but after the last two weeks I must say they’re terrible

I wouldn't say they are terrible.  They played the top two teams in the county...

• Gooch likes this
Marine Corps Sniper...One Shot One Kill

#43 BP46

BP46
  • Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 11 September 2018 - 10:19 AM

Woodlawn is in the process of a culture change. Doesn't happen overnight. They had a very good freshman class come in. It will take a little time to get it right. 

#44 Gooch

Gooch

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 741 posts

Posted 11 September 2018 - 11:03 AM

Your probably right I have faith in the HC and staff them being taught discipline and fundamentals is more important than wins and losses at this point but it’s early

#45 TheGuru

TheGuru

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 671 posts

Posted 11 September 2018 - 03:11 PM

Woodlawn is in the process of a culture change. Doesn't happen overnight. They had a very good freshman class come in. It will take a little time to get it right.

Agreed. Some people have no patience for change. Woodlawn will be ok in a few years.

#46 Ojielo

Ojielo
  • Members
  • 261 posts

Posted 14 September 2018 - 06:26 AM

Eastern Tech  14  North Harford  7

Overlea 34, Sparrows Point  14

Dundalk  41   Lansdowne  14

Perry Hall  48  Patapsco  0

Kenwood  38  Hereford  37

Milford Mill  50  Randallstown  0

Woodlawn  16  New Town  6

• Codbeard likes this

#47 Gooch

Gooch

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 741 posts

Posted 14 September 2018 - 07:57 AM

Woodlawn gets in the win column in a hard fought battle with new town
  • BP46 likes this

#48 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,675 posts

Posted 17 September 2018 - 07:51 AM

Balt Sun: Dominant second half lifts Towson football to victory over host Dulaney
http://www.baltimore...0915-story.html

#49 Ojielo

Ojielo
  • Members
  • 261 posts

Posted 17 September 2018 - 02:10 PM

1.  Milford

2.  Dundalk

3. Franklin

4.  Perry Hall

#50 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,675 posts

Posted 18 September 2018 - 06:54 PM

Balt Sun: Kenwood football infused with new confidence even before Friday's upset over Hereford

#51 Scoutbmore

Scoutbmore
  • Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 06:15 AM

Good start for Kenwood. Franklin is a good test for them to truly measure the growth of their football program. 

#52 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,675 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 06:27 AM

So, what has led to Franklin becoming a program in recent years? They were a doormat for a long time.  Recent years been a state contender, now able to compete with DeMatha.  That's impressive.  Not a school with great facilities either.

Conversely, what has happened with Hereford?  They had a stretch where they were a regular power.  Why have they fallen off?

#53 Scoutbmore

Scoutbmore
  • Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 06:38 AM

Franklin has been dominant for over a decade now. I believe somewhere around 5 State appearances over  that time. Credibility, stability, and consistency  of the coaching staff is key in my opinion. If you look at the top Programs in the County, Franklin, Milford Mill, and Perry Hall, they all have those 3 factors in common. 

Hereford may not be a state power like in the past, but they are still very consistent as being one of the better schools in Baltimore County.  

• BSLChrisStoner likes this

#54 Codbeard

Codbeard
  • Banned
  • 102 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 07:37 AM

So, what has led to Franklin becoming a program in recent years? They were a doormat for a long time.  Recent years been a state contender, now able to compete with DeMatha.  That's impressive.  Not a school with great facilities either.

Conversely, what has happened with Hereford?  They had a stretch where they were a regular power.  Why have they fallen off?

Hereford Coach Turnbaugh retired 2010 I believe so they dont have the out of zone kids and magnet kids coming in like they did..Turnbaugh used to be heavily involved in the Hereford Bulls Rec program as well not so sure about the new guys. A good friend of mines kid was a real good player for the Hereford Bulls Rec and was set to go to Hereford High then Turnbaugh left so he ended up at Calvert Hall like pretty much all my friends kids do lol

Franklin has that honor now.. they are the school of choice for kids in the area who dont go private or who were private but had to leave... Similar to Wise in PG county.. Good public coaches know how to make use of the magnet programs these days

#55 SaintBull

SaintBull
  • Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 07:56 AM

In my opinion to say that Hereford has "Fallen Off" is inaccurate.  Just because they haven't won a State Championship for a while, doesn't seem fair to say that they have fallen off.  Hereford has made the state playoffs 8 of the last 10 years, including the last 4 in a row.  To me that is nowhere near falling off.  

Franklin I would agree with Scout and Cod...they have the Special Permission transfer game on lock (though a couple others over west are getting in there now too) especially for the kids going from private to public.  And yes the coaching staff being credible and consistent is a big factor.

I am sticking to my previous statement, Kenwood competes with Franklin tomorrow night.  I'll be there, so hopefully they don't make me eat my words.  

#56 Codbeard

Codbeard
  • Banned
  • 102 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 08:45 AM

I think BSL Chris is starting to get sucked into this high school football thing.. Stick around Chris more drama than an afternoon soap..  :-P  I come here for the information and entertainment but mostly for the entertainment because I pretty much know everything  (which one is the sarcasm emoji Guru?)

#57 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,675 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 08:49 AM

I think BSL Chris is starting to get sucked into this high school football thing.. Stick around Chris more drama than an afternoon soap.. :-P I come here for the information and entertainment but mostly for the entertainment because I pretty much know everything (which one is the sarcasm emofi Guru?)

I paid attention for a long time...but haven't for over a decade. Interesting to see what has changed, and what has not.
  • Codbeard likes this

#58 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 20 September 2018 - 10:44 AM

What happened to my Randallstown Rams  (Class of '89)? I haven't paid attention to the Football program for years, but we were always a threat back in the day. 

@beginthebegin71

#59 oldballcoach

oldballcoach

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 590 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 01:28 PM

What happened to my Randallstown Rams (Class of '89)? I haven't paid attention to the Football program for years, but we were always a threat back in the day.

Private schools. Their youth league is a big recruiting area for 7-8th graders
  • SBTarheel likes this

#60 SaintBull

SaintBull
  • Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 21 September 2018 - 06:37 AM

What happened to my Randallstown Rams  (Class of '89)? I haven't paid attention to the Football program for years, but we were always a threat back in the day. 

...and Franklin lol

• Codbeard likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=