#401 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,058 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 07 September 2022 - 02:14 PM

Lets hope come another week that we need him!

#402 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,714 posts

Posted 15 September 2022 - 08:49 AM

MASN: Is there time left for Rodriguez to enter Orioles rotation?

https://www.masnspor...rioles-rotation

#403 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 15 September 2022 - 09:15 AM

Let's wait until 2023.

• BSLSteveBirrer likes this
@mikeghg

#404 dude

dude

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,592 posts
  • LocationColumbus, GA

Posted 15 September 2022 - 10:06 PM

MASN: Is there time left for Rodriguez to enter Orioles rotation?

https://www.masnspor...rioles-rotation

"Rodriguez is a huge part of the rebuild."

It's crazy that people say this crap.  He's no part of the rebuild.  He's here on the exact same timeline, with the exact same opportunity, rebuild or no rebuild.  He's literally nothing to do with a rebuild.  At some point someone should question the desperation to make things up.

FWIW, I'd expect to see him in Baltimore soon.  For all of the saber rattling about "everything can happen" and all of the things that were going to happen, they are sitting, almost across the board, on the most predictable, intentional, management. 

#405 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,058 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 21 September 2022 - 05:40 PM

"Rodriguez is a huge part of the rebuild."

It's crazy that people say this crap.  He's no part of the rebuild.  He's here on the exact same timeline, with the exact same opportunity, rebuild or no rebuild.  He's literally nothing to do with a rebuild.  At some point someone should question the desperation to make things up.

FWIW, I'd expect to see him in Baltimore soon.  For all of the saber rattling about "everything can happen" and all of the things that were going to happen, they are sitting, almost across the board, on the most predictable, intentional, management. 

He is a piece they are counting on to build a long term competitive team. How and when they got him doesn't mean he isn't part of the rebuild. There is no "rule' that says when a team goes into rebuild mode that they can't rely on somebody they already have. Thats just folly.

#406 BSLRoseKatz

BSLRoseKatz

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,888 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 15 October 2022 - 04:47 PM

Watching Lance McCullers Jr and given that it's natural to compare the Astros core to the O's core...how would you feel about Grayson being a healthier version of LMJ?

Screen-Shot-2022-10-15-at-5-31-53-PM.png

she/her

#407 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,714 posts

Posted 15 October 2022 - 04:56 PM

Well, as you are alluding at... McCullers has ability...  but there is no greater ability than availability.  So yeah, in a sense... a healthier version of a talented guy would be something...   but even with the % of top prospects who don't hit their ceilings, overall I'd be disappointed if Grayson was only McCullters+.

#408 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,714 posts

Posted 17 November 2022 - 10:22 AM

Balt Sun: Disappointed to not debut in 2022, Grayson Rodriguez hopes to make up for it by cracking Orioles’ opening day rotation

#409 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,714 posts

Posted 24 March 2023 - 08:09 AM

Balt Sun: For Grayson Rodriguez to grow from bad innings, Orioles have catcher James McCann as a teacher

#410 BSLRoseKatz

BSLRoseKatz

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,888 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 27 March 2023 - 10:56 AM

Not on OD roster

https://twitter.com/...380406410215431

she/her

#411 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,304 posts

Posted 27 March 2023 - 11:01 AM

Obvious move.

#412 BSLRoseKatz

BSLRoseKatz

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,888 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 27 March 2023 - 11:10 AM

Obvious move.

Chris can you look into how to add a dislike button? 

she/her

#413 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,714 posts

Posted 27 March 2023 - 11:13 AM

If they don't feel he looked good enough to come North, fine. 
It's not the end of the world, and it is an added bonus to get the additional year of team control.
If they felt he was ready, but are holding him back just for the service time... that annoys me.
I figure he has 150 +/- innings in him this year, and I'd prefer all of them to be in the majors. 
Oh well.  Go perform, and earn your way up.  He'll be in the rotation by mid-May. 

From the time of his injury last year, whenever Elias was asked about him... said he expected Rodriguez to start the year in the O's rotation. Those quotes weren't necessary.

#414 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,430 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 27 March 2023 - 11:16 AM

Can’t really trust anything this front office says. Clowns.

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#415 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,345 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 27 March 2023 - 11:27 AM

Shocker.

#416 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,458 posts

Posted 27 March 2023 - 12:07 PM

Will he ever make it to the majors?

Injured last year, horrible ST this year....seems like it could always be something with him.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#417 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,423 posts

Posted 27 March 2023 - 12:10 PM

I'm curious to see how they handle him early in Norfolk. Is he back to 3 inning starts for a while?

#418 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,686 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 27 March 2023 - 12:18 PM

https://forum.baltim...zier/?p=1075003

I'm quoting myself from the Todd Frazier thread :)

Jokes aside, with a few early off days is this a way to just get him an extra start or two in Norfolk and then get him up here?  I'm going to be a bit bummed if it's the end of April and he's still in Norfolk

#419 glenn__davis

glenn__davis

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,428 posts

Posted 27 March 2023 - 12:48 PM

Man, this board has become cynical lol.

I'm not really a believer in making decisions off of ST performance, but he didn't pitch that well during ST.  Gibson, Irvin, Kremer and Bradish were pretty much locks.  Wells pitched well his last couple of times out, Grayson struggled a bit.  I think he'll go down, dominate, and be up sooner than later, but if we're trying to make the switch to winning ballgames, Wells might be the guy to start with while Grayson finds his breaking stuff.  I think eventually Rodriguez replaces Wells, who goes to the bullpen.

#420 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,304 posts

Posted 27 March 2023 - 01:01 PM

Man, this board has become cynical lol.

I'm not really a believer in making decisions off of ST performance, but he didn't pitch that well during ST. Gibson, Irvin, Kremer and Bradish were pretty much locks. Wells pitched well his last couple of times out, Grayson struggled a bit. I think he'll go down, dominate, and be up sooner than later, but if we're trying to make the switch to winning ballgames, Wells might be the guy to start with while Grayson finds his breaking stuff. I think eventually Rodriguez replaces Wells, who goes to the bullpen.

You aint kidding. Glenn easily a top 5 poster here. Im excited for GRod. Over the moon about his potential. The 12 innings or whatever he would pitch isnt worth a whole year. Im just shocked people can come up with fake outrage over this smart decision. Btw if GRod had a great ST I would have been fine with him breaking camp as a reward for that great ST. It still wouldnt have been a smart move but I woulda been fine rewarding him and the message it sent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=