Who Are Your Hypothetical Must Keep Prospects?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_cboemmeljr_*

Guest_cboemmeljr_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 May 2018 - 12:43 PM

Nick Stevens of Baby Birdland posted this question today in his piece for the site.

https://baltimorespo...spects-for.html

My "keepers" are: 

Delmarva Shorebirds:  Kirvin Moesquit and Zac Lowther

Frederick Keys:           Ryan McKenna and Michael Baumann

Bowie Baysox:            Cedric Mullins and Keegan Akin

Norfolk Tides:               Drew Dosch and Yefry Ramirez

#2 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,257 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 28 May 2018 - 09:19 AM

I don't follow the minors that deeply at all but I would have to have Hunter Harvey on my list.

#3 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,092 posts

Posted 28 May 2018 - 09:29 AM

I like Mullins, but not to the point he'd be my keeper over Mountcastle (or Hays... who I know is struggling currently, but I think has a bit of a higher ceiling.)

Delmarva: Curran (age), DL Hall (ceiling)

Frederick: McKenna, Baumann....    Haven't completely wrote off Sedlock, but he has to stay healthy and perform. Since Baumann was a 3rd rd selection in the same draft, is performing... same age.... he gets the nod.  Baumann over Wells is pretty straightforward to me.

Bowie: Mountcastle, Harvey

Norfolk: Stewart, Ramirez

#4 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 28 May 2018 - 09:29 AM

No one

#5 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,092 posts

Posted 28 May 2018 - 09:30 AM

No one

That's not the point.  Yeah, no on is untouchable. But if you had to choose...

#6 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,378 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 28 May 2018 - 09:36 AM

I would keep all of them.

We need to be adding as much youth as possible to try to rebuild, not trying to subtract by adding other players to a clearly flawed roster.

We just aren't at a position where subtracting from our pool of talent makes any sense. We should be trying to develop as many as we can and hope we hit with a couple. Then when we have a core of them together developed and producing at the same time we could think about supplementing by adding from another team.

This was a great question a year or two ago, but I think at this point we are way past the point of no return, denial or not.

@JeremyMStrain

#7 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 28 May 2018 - 09:42 AM

I don’t love any of the prospects enough to say they are must keeps. I do like several guys and I really like the promise some of the young arms have that are in the lower minors. Akin is probably by favorite prospect right now.

I largely agree with Jeremy but I also wouldn’t hesitate to make a big trade for someone who is cost controlled and has 4+ years of service time.

#8 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,378 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 28 May 2018 - 09:45 AM

I don’t love any of the prospects enough to say they are must keeps. I do like several guys and I really like the promise some of the young arms have that are in the lower minors. Akin is probably by favorite prospect right now.

I largely agree with Jeremy but I also wouldn’t hesitate to make a big trade for someone who is cost controlled and has 4+ years of service time.

And I'm ALMOST right there with you on the last part. I just think that we are in such bad shape we need to go quantity over quality for a little bit and pray to get lucky. They should be trying to extend Bundy as hard as humanly possible right now, and if he's not biting you get ready to trade him when his value creeps up some more. Between him, Gausman and Machado you may be able to add enough to speed up the rebuild a few years. After you get a couple to pan out, then I'm on board, for looking for younger impact players under control you could go after.

@JeremyMStrain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=