#2 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 26 April 2018 - 06:35 AM

I'm sticking to my original prediction of ND OL Mike McClinchey if the Ravens select at 16. I'm hoping they trade back with the Patriots and pick up their higher first round and the early second. If we have to flip a 4th back I'd be good with doing it.

The Patriots can use a new QB and a LT.
Roll Tide

#3 Hooded Viper

Hooded Viper

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,649 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 07:31 AM

I want Moore, I have been pretty vocal in that.  If he is gone I think Ridley would be a fine consolation pick.  If both are gone I would love to move back and take one of the TE's.

#4 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,701 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 07:53 AM

Every one of you are more informed on all of these guys than I am, but I'd be happy with any of these guys that could be available at #16:

DJ Moore

Calvin Ridley

Mike McGlinchey

Vita Vea

Marcus Davenport

Lamar Jackson

Probably a lot of other guys I could be talked into as well after the pick is made.  Including any of the TEs, though mid-1st feels way too early for all of those guys to me.

Ideal draft for me would be to trade back, get one of the guys on my list, and then get a TE on Friday with the pick we gain.

#5 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 08:33 AM

I think a TE by Round 4 is a near lock. Theyve had a lot of visits with TEs

#6 Bmore Irish

Bmore Irish

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 08:49 AM

Every one of you are more informed on all of these guys than I am, but I'd be happy with any of these guys that could be available at #16:

DJ Moore

Calvin Ridley

Mike McGlinchey

Vita Vea

Marcus Davenport

Lamar Jackson

Probably a lot of other guys I could be talked into as well after the pick is made.  Including any of the TEs, though mid-1st feels way too early for all of those guys to me.

Ideal draft for me would be to trade back, get one of the guys on my list, and then get a TE on Friday with the pick we gain.

That's pretty close to my list for 16, though I'd substitute Landry for Davenport, and one of the TEs for Vea, preferably Goedert.

I'm not real keen on Vea at 16. The guy's a physical freak by all accounts, but it's not a particularly impactful position, or even a need.  Not particularly interested in another run stuffer in the middle, who may or may not be able to provide any pass rush, especially with BWill locked up.

#7 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 26 April 2018 - 09:06 AM

McGlinchey is my pick too.  I think he represents the best combo of what we need and you would be looking for.

I wouldn't love the pick because basically the only result I will be happy with in R1 is a trade back, unless someone unexpectedly falls.

BTW, its sounding like Mayfield is the first pick of the draft.  

#8 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 26 April 2018 - 09:09 AM

BTW, reach or not, I may be tempted to go Kirk over every other WR.  He is a really intriguing offensive weapon with great return skills.

If they called his name at 16, I wouldn't love it but I also would feel that there is a good argument that we got the highest ceiling WR in the draft.

#9 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,259 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 09:16 AM

McGlinchey is my pick too. I think he represents the best combo of what we need and you would be looking for.

I wouldn't love the pick because basically the only result I will be happy with in R1 is a trade back, unless someone unexpectedly falls.

BTW, its sounding like Mayfield is the first pick of the draft.

Mayfield at 1 is picking up a lot of steam. Have to imagine their is a fire behind all the smoke.

McGlinchy would be a great pick at 16. You give yourself bookend, young tackles, with Yanda and Lewis inside. A great OT prospect could help this offense as much as any of the WR or TE prospects.

#10 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 09:19 AM

The Ravens will be attacking the OL, WR, and TEs late in the 1st( if theyre able to move back) and on Day 2. Ill be surprised if they draft an offensive guy at 16 unless its Jackson or McGlinchey falls to them. Hayden Hurst has been mocked at 16 in a few places. I like Hurst but not at 16.

#11 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 09:22 AM

If any nuggets come in today list them.

#12 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 26 April 2018 - 09:24 AM

The Ravens will be attacking the OL, WR, and TEs late in the 1st( if theyre able to move back) and on Day 2. Ill be surprised if they draft an offensive guy at 16 unless its Jackson or McGlinchey falls to them. Hayden Hurst has been mocked at 16 in a few places. I like Hurst but not at 16.

Yep.  I think, if McGlinchey is gone, the most likely position drafted is CB.

#13 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 09:58 AM

If you're Mayfield and you're hearing that you might be #1 to the Browns, are you excited, or saying please god no. Let me go #2 instead? 

I think I'd rather go #2 to anyone else than #1 to the Browns. Gonna get paid handsomely either way. 

@BSLMikeRandall

#14 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 26 April 2018 - 10:10 AM

I expect it all to be smoke and for Josh Allen to go #1. LOL

#15 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 10:11 AM

If the Ravens really like Jackson thry need to move up a few spots to get him. Thats where the value of the mid round picks can help a team. I suspect we're not in love with him though. I dont think we will move up to secure him. Even if it was only a few spots to get in front of Ari.

#16 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 26 April 2018 - 10:17 AM

I would really like to hear Lauletta's name called tomorrow.

I really like a lot what I have heard about him.

#17 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,259 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 10:32 AM

Hearing Saints want to move up. There is one potential trade partner good us.

#18 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 26 April 2018 - 10:45 AM

Saints don't have a second rounder and the third rounder is low.

Can we get their first for next year?

#19 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,000 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 10:55 AM

NFL Media's Daniel Jeremiah connected the Ravens with South Dakota State TE Dallas Goedert at No. 16 overall in his final mock.

Jeremiah got his start in scouting with the Ravens. He mentions the player, team connection might come in a trade down. Most importantly, Jeremiah makes it clear the Ravens must exit this draft with a tight end, and this would be a statement selection.

Source: NFL.com

#20 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 26 April 2018 - 11:01 AM

Yep.  I do agree with Branden that you look at who they met with but its also possible they met with people we don't know about.  They could have met with him at the senior bowl.

As I said yesterday, if they stay at 16, Goedert is someone I would want them to draft.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=