#1 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 18 April 2018 - 10:14 AM

What can you absolutely, positively, not get the hang of...no matter how hard you try?

I'll start.

I can't ride a bike. I didn't need it when I was younger (everything was walking distance). Tried when I got older, and I just couldn't get it. 

I also have no sense of direction. It takes forever for me to figure out how to get somewhere. It's a running joke with all of my friends and family. I can do anything with numbers that you need, but I can't tell you, turn by turn, how to get to my house from work. 

#2 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 10:53 AM

1st person shooter games. 

I played video games growing up. Doom, Duke Nukem, I held my own. Once GoldenEye came out and you would play against other people, I realized how much I sucked at it. I'd play Halo with my roommates back in the day. I think it was 30 kills to win. I never won. I don't think I ever got to 20 before someone else got to 30. 

I'd get an itch and pick up Call of Duty or something. I can do the storylines ok. But online, I'm toast. I just don't get it. I'd find a sniper rifle, know I need to get to an elevated position....killed on the way there. I'd get a shotgun, know I need to be in close range...killed before I'm close enough. I'd have a machine gun firing away, guy throws a grenade and evades my shooting...I'm dead. I find what I think is a hiding spot...I'm shot in the head from behind. 

I hear a lot about Fortnite. Im like, why should I even bother?

@BSLMikeRandall

#3 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,462 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 10:54 AM

1st person shooter games. 

I played video games growing up. Doom, Duke Nukem, I held my own. Once GoldenEye came out and you would play against other people, I realized how much I sucked at it. I'd play Halo with my roommates back in the day. I think it was 30 kills to win. I never won. I don't think I ever got to 20 before someone else got to 30. 

I'd get an itch and pick up Call of Duty or something. I can do the storylines ok. But online, I'm toast. I just don't get it. I'd find a sniper rifle, know I need to get to an elevated position....killed on the way there. I'd get a shotgun, know I need to be in close range...killed before I'm close enough. I'd have a machine gun firing away, guy throws a grenade and evades my shooting...I'm dead. I find what I think is a hiding spot...I'm shot in the head from behind. 

I hear a lot about Fortnite. Im like, why should I even bother?

I play Bullet Force. Pretty addicting and the controls are pretty easy. I'm pretty good at it.

I suck at golf.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#4 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,717 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 11:00 AM

Tying ties.

#5 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,993 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 11:03 AM

Not procrastinating...

"The only change is that baseball has turned Paige from a second-class citizen to a second-class immortal." - Satchel Paige

#6 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 18 April 2018 - 11:06 AM

My friends in college called me GOAT (they still do!), for "Goldeneye's Only Available Target," because I was so bad at that game. Like, laughably bad. I was better than them at every other game (we played NFL Blitz, Smash Brothers, MarioKart...I was easily the best one of the bunch), but I never got the hang of it. 

#7 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,993 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 11:13 AM

I also have no sense of direction. It takes forever for me to figure out how to get somewhere. It's a running joke with all of my friends and family. I can do anything with numbers that you need, but I can't tell you, turn by turn, how to get to my house from work. 

Can you read a map?

"The only change is that baseball has turned Paige from a second-class citizen to a second-class immortal." - Satchel Paige

#8 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 18 April 2018 - 11:15 AM

Can you read a map?

Not even a little bit. I know how maps work, I understand "take 95 to 85 to 40," but any further than that, you might as well be talking to a brick wall.

#9 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,993 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 11:38 AM

Not even a little bit. I know how maps work, I understand "take 95 to 85 to 40," but any further than that, you might as well be talking to a brick wall.

How did you get along with geometry class?

(You can tell me to stop  ;-) )

#10 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 18 April 2018 - 11:51 AM

How did you get along with geometry class?

(You can tell me to stop  :wink: )

I was always the top math student in my class, geometry included. 

I don't get why I could be so good there, and awful with directions. Feels like they should relate.

#11 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,993 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 11:56 AM

I was always the top math student in my class, geometry included. 

I don't get why I could be so good there, and awful with directions. Feels like they should relate.

When you were a little kid, did you have an easy, hard, or normal time getting your right vs your left straight?

#12 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 18 April 2018 - 12:05 PM

Tying ties.

me too!

Can't do it, never have to really, but I just use older already tied ones when necessary. 

@beginthebegin71

#13 Miller192

Miller192

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 12:11 PM

Putting

@Miller192

#14 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,686 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 18 April 2018 - 12:12 PM

Shuffling Cards

Growing Facial Hair (Can grow decent stache and sideburns but a full beard is beyond my abilities)

#15 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,435 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 18 April 2018 - 12:18 PM

Making bad posts on the internet.

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#16 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 18 April 2018 - 12:44 PM

Making bad posts on the internet.

Don't be hard on yourself. I think you're better at that than most.

#17 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,426 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 12:45 PM

Shoelaces.

I can tie a few real knots for sailing and camping and stuff like that.  But I can only do bunny ears on my shoes.  Loop-swoop-and-pull eludes me.  Though to be fair, I don't think I've put any effort into learning how to do it since I was about 6 years old.

#18 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 18 April 2018 - 12:45 PM

When you were a little kid, did you have an easy, hard, or normal time getting your right vs your left straight?

Can't remember. Was probably ok though. LOL

#19 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 18 April 2018 - 01:09 PM

Golf.... I can describe my efforts as.horrible,pathetic and atrocious, and a few other phrases that Chris doesn't want us to use

@mikeghg

#20 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 02:44 PM

"Baseball"

-Orioles front office, management, and players.
@BSLMikeRandall

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=